B-b-but...The raid content..

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
What about scarce normal 5m dungeon at level 85?

BTW, ZA is the same friggin instance with different last boss. And he has same abilities as zul'jin...

Why no normal mode for ZA and ZG awarding ilvl 346?

Do we really want Blizz to be working on new normal mode instances which the majority of the players will already out gear and will never use?
85 Night Elf Priest
What about scarce normal 5m dungeon at level 85?

BTW, ZA is the same friggin instance with different last boss. And he has same abilities as zul'jin...

Why no normal mode for ZA and ZG awarding ilvl 346?

We thought about different ways to fit in a normal tier of these dungeons, but in the end it just didn't feel right. We wouldn't want to make normal versions of these dungeons award current Heroic level loot, but there aren't really any good places in between to stick a normal dungeon tier.

We feel the best solution for patch 4.1 progression is: level-85 normal dungeons, Heroic dungeons, ZA/ZG Heroics, raids.

There are three normal 85 dungeons.
THREE..c'mon, you have to be kidding me....

Why not a level 85 normal/heroic in Hyjal?

How about Kara as a regular and heroic 5 man? "The Twilight Cult Takes Over"

A CoT instance for regular and Heroic with a "here's how Deathwing happened" flavor.

I'm clearly not pleased with the above response, and this is my opinion, but I know you guys can do better, because you have.

Do we really want Blizz to be working on new normal mode instances which the majority of the players will already out gear and will never use?

Yes, one or two more might be nice.

I don't see that happening, but in hindsight, they should have reconsidered the "number of regular dungeons" decision before the expac launched.
Edited by Serah on 3/4/2011 6:47 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yay. Guild challenges.... sound awesome.

not.
90 Undead Priest
Can the dance party be on a RP server? And are you bringing a DISCO ball?
85 Night Elf Druid
Am 3/12 pls wait for me ^-^
90 Human Paladin
There are three normal 85 dungeons.
THREE..c'mon, you have to be kidding me....

I know that I never had an issue with there being three 84-85 normal dungeons. (There are another 4 normal dungeons that drop the same level of grear.) I had more than enough normal dungeon content to gear up sufficiently for heroics.
Edited by Archibalt on 3/4/2011 7:11 PM PST
79 Tauren Druid
Guild Challenges (new guild quests) sounds awesome im really looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for that. Also, The new looking for guild thing I saw in PTR seems like a nice addition to the game and for any type of player to find the right guild for them. Any chance for the guilds to have a small bio available to players viewing their guild on the list? That would help them get a better idea of what the guild is aiming for.
85 Human Death Knight
ONE
03/04/2011 7:29 PMPosted by Florena
Is the Abyssal Maw 5 man also being delayed until 4.2?

Curious also... :o
Edited by Terini on 3/4/2011 7:40 PM PST
85 Troll Druid
03/04/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Archibalt
o we really want Blizz to be working on new normal mode instances which the majority of the players will already out gear and will never use?

Majority?

Links to references and proof, etc. Please. TY.
100 Blood Elf Mage
03/04/2011 6:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
An entire patch and all that is released is two old instances changed into 5 mans.

The point isn't really that we're delaying Firelands so we can release ZA/ZG instead, or because we don't think players are ready for a new raid. Our messaging on the subject directly implies this, and that's our fault.

What we're really saying is that we want more frequent, slightly smaller updates to the game so that content keeps coming. Since Firelands isn't quite ready yet, we've made the decision not to hold back the other 4.1 patch content for it. Instead, we're going to release patch 4.1 with the content that's ready to go so the majority of players have more things to do, while also putting some finishing touches on Firelands so we can ship it out in 4.2 shortly thereafter. We're not arbitrarily holding back Firelands. On the contrary, we don't want to hold back other content updates for Firelands.

The main content features currently planned for 4.1 are:

• Zul'Gurub revamp

• Zul'Aman revamp

• New level-85 Stranglethorn quest line (phased) leading players into the troll dungeons

• New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

• New & updated flavor items, vanity pets, and mounts

• Guild Challenges (new guild quests)

All of this is in addition to a number of UI improvements, class balance changes, and more. We'll have more information on the patch 4.1 features coming soon. :D

I assume the new troll 5 man heroics are going to lead to a new troll 10/25 man raid i figure the place for this raid will be TOR'WATHA in eversong woods. IT HAS ONLY BEEN CLOSED GATES SINCE BC WAS RELEASED!
85 Goblin Hunter
I hear a lot of crying for no reason. A lot of "I want this, I want that, Wah Wah Wah.". Guess what? It takes time to develop new raids. Would you rather they release a half-assed version of something that could be potentially awesome if they had waited? Or just wait, and enjoy it when it shows up.

I'll take the latter.
90 Undead Priest
On the topic of UI changes - Ive seen quite a few requests for the option to rearrange characters on the realm lineup page - is this something that may be a possibility eventually?
Edited by Gabriellaa on 3/4/2011 7:51 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]