B-b-but...The raid content..

(Locked)

85 Undead Rogue
03/04/2011 6:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
Guild Challenges (new guild quests)

are these gonna be like weekly quest from wrath but for a whole guild? (gather 200 fish with everyone in the guild) if not then i am very intrested.
All I'm reading is "ME ME ME ME."

My guild is only just starting raiding because we had a few stragglers, I know of many others who are doing so as well.

Quit it or live with it.

I hate to say it but I agree with the person that I quoted. My guild is straggling behind as well and I have been pugging raids. I hope my guild will get some raids off the ground within the next couple of months, but more people are having issues with getting raids together right now than they ever have.

But anyway, OT I was wondering what happened to the philosophy of not dropping epic level gear from heroics? Can anyone tell me what happened?
Edited by Zshikara on 3/4/2011 8:06 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why would you want more regular dungeons? With quest rewards, rep gear, craftable gear and BOE blues on the auction house you can be in heroics the day you hit 85. I was. And that was before the harder encounters were nerfed.
90 Dwarf Hunter
This post was originally intended for the sticky, but it was post capped, so I'll post it here.

While I don't enjoy this plan, I see the rationale behind it.

I think Blizzard is trying to push casual guilds into attempting Heroic modes. My guild raids casually and we almost cleared Normal content on 25 man (we do exclusively 25-man save for some occasions) with only Al'Akir and Nefarian still up. However, we still haven't explored doing Heroic modes. I think they might provide ample challenge for us, and I might even contact our guild master about it. I honestly would sort of have been felt overwhelmed with content if Firelands made it out with Patch 4.1, so I think my slaughter of Fandral Staghelm (will he even make it as a raid boss? We'll see) must bide its time.

However, I must question your patching model at this point. What do you propose with it? Are you going to redefine "major content patch" to a balancing act between Vanilla and TBC's model? Are you going to make certain "major" content patches as patches to implement "subtiers" of content (higher tiers of heroics)?
90 Night Elf Rogue
# New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

Unfortunately, for those of us non-raiding guilds we won't get to see any of this tier's raids regardless of the ilevel of the gear. The shared lockout keeps a large majority of players out of luck getting a group for raiding.

Please reconsider the shared lockout for 4.1 - the 2nd raid gives skilled players a non-guild run and a chance for skilled players in non-raiding guilds a chance to do the content as well.
85 Human Priest
If I interpret Zarhym's post correctly, it is intended as indirect nerf to raids. ZA/ZG will drop ilvl 353 gear which is way better than minimum ilvl req for raiding. I guess they do acknowledge that they screwed up with raids this tier.

I don't agree with this because people who wanted to raid are already raiding and progressing at varied degree of pace.

The reason I want normal modes is to make the transition from heroics to ZA/ZG easier. Also, there are grand total of 3 normal modes at lvl 85. With their new philosophy of heroics I would like to do normal mode to see the content and be done with it.
I hope there's some love for Archaeology in the pipeline.

I don't have any specifics to share at the moment, save for one I think is cool. Those with the appropriate Archaeology skill will be able to unlock one of four additional bosses (chosen randomly) for their group in Zul'Gurub. These bosses were previously known as part of the Edge of Madness. The four bosses will share some loot, but also have some loot unique to each of them.

This is not what we need at all. I don't think archaeology ever got a qol passover in beta. So do it now ffs. Stuff like the grim batol digsite and the rng on top of rng on top of rng on top of more rng makes me want to slam my head through a wall a few times.

How does a random boss change that?
Edited by Nopeth on 3/4/2011 8:16 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
Here's my question then--

If you're pushing Firelands and the rest of the originally planned 4.1 raid content back to 4.2, does that mean that Cataclysm will only have three raid tiers as a result? Or will we see 4.3 with a Tier 13 content before 4.4 introduces Deathwing and Tier 14?
85 Draenei Shaman
Please tell me there is some level 85 boa item for rogues/enhancement shaman/ferals/hunters to get from Archaeology. Feels great being excluded from the castercraft / melee love that archaeology brought.

Edit:
Also, with ZG returning, will there be a Zandalar outpost return? Not necessarily to gain rep, but for some of the vendor recipes and upgrading a neck I forgot to hand-in at exalted.
Edited by Patiareh on 3/4/2011 8:22 PM PST
85 Human Priest
03/04/2011 8:20 PMPosted by Patiareh
Also, with ZG returning, will there be a Zandalar outpost return? Not necessarily to gain rep, but for some of the vendor recipes and upgrading a neck I forgot to hand-in at exalted.

I don't want to spoil it for you but you are in for a big surprise as far as zandalar goes.
85 Orc Death Knight
03/04/2011 6:24 PMPosted by Zarhym
I hope there's some love for Archaeology in the pipeline.
The four bosses will share some loot, but also have some loot unique to each of them.

Wow. Please don't do this. It was horrible in trial of the champion, and it's something I'd rather not see return. Chance to drop is fine, chance to spawn then chance to drop is not a welcome addition to random loot.
85 Goblin Mage

Please tell me there will be a wand?

Yes!

I'm sure it will have spririt.
hey im a lvl 13 computer is down can get on at all wasten my time on here so im on a lap top and right now im FURIOUS!!!!
03/04/2011 8:26 PMPosted by Lamprei
The four bosses will share some loot, but also have some loot unique to each of them.

Wow. Please don't do this. It was horrible in trial of the champion, and it's something I'd rather not see return. Chance to drop is fine, chance to spawn then chance to drop is not a welcome addition to random loot.

Have to second this also
85 Undead Warrior
03/04/2011 6:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

We thought about different ways to fit in a normal tier of these dungeons, but in the end it just didn't feel right. We wouldn't want to make normal versions of these dungeons award current Heroic level loot, but there aren't really any good places in between to stick a normal dungeon tier.

We feel the best solution for patch 4.1 progression is: level-85 normal dungeons, Heroic dungeons, ZA/ZG Heroics, raids.

ZA and ZG will drop gear for just about every slot as well, but we're really trying to focus on dropping items for slots that have been hard to fill in the current Heroics.

I'm a little confused. What's the point in that? Level 359 gear is readily available from reputation quartermasters and from professions. PLayers have Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, and Engineering, and you can just farm/buy materials for Blacksmiths and Leatherworkers to make the gear for them. Rep gear is even easier to get, you can grind the rep while your grinding Justice Points.

I was expecting the Cata Heroics to be like the Wrath ones, where epic pieces would drop from the end bosses. I was happy they weren't, because it meant I had to work a little harder for gear. Easy is nice every once in a while, but the gamers I know tend to like it better when things aren't just handed to them.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I think ZG AND ZA being turned into lv 85 heroics makes me think they will finally turn TOR'WATHA in eversong woods into a 10/25 man lv 85 raid i mean its only been a door with a portal behind it since BC was launched
Edited by Erikaa on 3/4/2011 8:43 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
[quote="21907621996"][quote="21906221588"]

The main content features currently planned for 4.1 are:

• Zul'Gurub revamp

• Zul'Aman revamp

• New level-85 Stranglethorn quest line (phased) leading players into the troll dungeons

• New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

• New & updated flavor items, vanity pets, and mounts

• Guild Challenges (new guild quests)

/quote]

Lets hope for more wands ....

I've gotten nine chaos orbs, no good wand drops.
90 Blood Elf Mage

Please tell me there will be a wand?

Yes!

Hurrah!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]