B-b-but...The raid content..

(Locked)

1 Goblin Shaman
What about scarce normal 5m dungeon at level 85?

BTW, ZA is the same friggin instance with different last boss. And he has same abilities as zul'jin...

Why no normal mode for ZA and ZG awarding ilvl 346?

We thought about different ways to fit in a normal tier of these dungeons, but in the end it just didn't feel right. We wouldn't want to make normal versions of these dungeons award current Heroic level loot, but there aren't really any good places in between to stick a normal dungeon tier.

We feel the best solution for patch 4.1 progression is: level-85 normal dungeons, Heroic dungeons, ZA/ZG Heroics, raids.

ZA and ZG will drop gear for just about every slot as well, but we're really trying to focus on dropping items for slots that have been hard to fill in the current Heroics.

Please don't be surprised when people start coming back to the forums to complain about heroics. The biggest complaint about the dungeon process of this expansion has been the lack of 85 normal modes. And now you're releasing even more heroic modes without having a normal mode in return.

You have always released new 5 man content with normal modes. You did it with the SWP patch, the TOC patch, and the ICC patch. This is the first time you are releasing new 5 mans without a heroic and normal mode, since you have been doing 2 versions.

When the masses who are not on the PTR try these new heroics, they are going to quickly learn that Blizzard has let them down once again in this expansion. When people do start coming back to these forums with their complaints, do me a favor and don't reuse your tired phrase of "You can go do normals". This patch, and pretty much this entire expansion, has failed the crowd who would rather do normal versions over heroic versions.
85 Orc Death Knight
Unfortunately for you, you don't speak for the whole playerbase of the game.
On servers like mine, very few guilds are 11/12 or close to it. The progression is slow, so I for one welcome the delay.
I'm sure you can try your hands at heroic raids to keep you busy, and if not, well you can continue to post and whine. I don't think Blizzard will cater to your needs.
100 Human Mage
You know, back in Wrath, we had Naxx -much- longer than we've been having BWD/BOT. And people were clearing it at a much faster pace.
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/04/2011 6:26 PMPosted by Snooptrogg
Please say yes. There being nothing ideally suited between a TH green quest reward and a 359 boe drop is unfortunate. Especially when your alternative are to either roll against a hunter or rogue for agility ranged slot items (which they oddly enough don't like either) or getting the tank gun thats been around for a few weeks now and reforge off some of the parry (which is not ideal).

I feel your pain as a Rogue. I don't want to spend the 14k on Dragonwreck, as there are other more important BoEs I could get that would give me a lot more EPs, but at the same time... come ooooon. It'd be REALLY cool if there are some 353 daggers! :D PREFERABLY WITH MASTERY/HIT/HASTE!!! IN THAT ORDER!
92 Draenei Shaman
03/04/2011 8:37 PMPosted by Malles
New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

We thought about different ways to fit in a normal tier of these dungeons, but in the end it just didn't feel right. We wouldn't want to make normal versions of these dungeons award current Heroic level loot, but there aren't really any good places in between to stick a normal dungeon tier.

We feel the best solution for patch 4.1 progression is: level-85 normal dungeons, Heroic dungeons, ZA/ZG Heroics, raids.

ZA and ZG will drop gear for just about every slot as well, but we're really trying to focus on dropping items for slots that have been hard to fill in the current Heroics.

I'm a little confused. What's the point in that? Level 359 gear is readily available from reputation quartermasters and from professions. PLayers have Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, and Engineering, and you can just farm/buy materials for Blacksmiths and Leatherworkers to make the gear for them. Rep gear is even easier to get, you can grind the rep while your grinding Justice Points.

I was expecting the Cata Heroics to be like the Wrath ones, where epic pieces would drop from the end bosses. I was happy they weren't, because it meant I had to work a little harder for gear. Easy is nice every once in a while, but the gamers I know tend to like it better when things aren't just handed to them.

Have you had to farm BoT trash for the warrior gun drop. I have cleared that trash at least 50 times and still nwever seen that damn gun drop. I will gladly take ZA/ZG epics to round out the slots that I cannot fill through crafting and rep, and also can't fill because my raid group slots are taken by my resto shammy and Blood DK leaving me no current way to get my War and Mage epic'ed out.
85 Human Death Knight
There are people like me who don't raid and will enjoy the release of new 5-mans.

If your guild is super leet and you've cleared the entire game already, then this is a good chance to go outside and get some sunshine.
85 Night Elf Hunter
03/04/2011 6:29 PMPosted by Zarhym

I hope this includes a 2h agi weapon, since there is only one from the current raiding tier.
89 Human Priest
Out of curiosity, if 4.1 was released with Firelands, would it take about the same time to release as it'll take for 4.2 to come? In other words, does pushing Firelands to the next patch make it come later than if all of 4.1 was delayed?

I can't say for sure, as the process for applying development changes internally, building patches, and testing them is very complicated. Our goal, however, is not to delay Firelands further than it would have been in order to put out everything else in 4.1 first.

Thank you, I seem to of misunderstood Bashiok's post, I thought that the purpose of the knock back was to delay the release of Firelands.
Edited by Imnotblind on 3/4/2011 9:02 PM PST
100 Tauren Druid
New tier of Maelstrom Crystal gear (epic item level 353) to give players something to sell on the auction hall because this gear is going to be pretty much worthless to most guilds and players.

Fixed that for ya. Because yea it already takes most guilds having to be mostly 359 epic'd to raid to get 359 epics that they can shard. So what we really needed was 2 recycled raids to drop stuff that's really not even worth the upgrade most likely 346 --> 353 OMG 7 points upgrade!!! Cuz that extra 60hps = win! Glad you are continuing to show how lazy you are getting in development.
Edited by Gorban on 3/4/2011 9:08 PM PST
100 Dwarf Hunter
03/04/2011 8:57 PMPosted by Vyne
Have you had to farm BoT trash for the warrior gun drop. I have cleared that trash at least 50 times and still nwever seen that damn gun drop. I will gladly take ZA/ZG epics to round out the slots that I cannot fill through crafting and rep, and also can't fill because my raid group slots are taken by my resto shammy and Blood DK leaving me no current way to get my War and Mage epic'ed out.
My guild had at least two Crossfire Carbines drop in one of our BoT groups tonight. RNG is a cruel mistress.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing ZA/ZG. I'd rather have more content more often, albeit in smaller amounts, than a large amount of new content at once with long intervals between them. And the epics from there should be nice, too; might not be as good as raid gear, but if you have crappy luck with drop RNG, it will be welcome upgrades.

Also, any chance that there's a 353 agility gun in there, too? And maybe a two-handed weapon, too. Since Blizzard seems to want hunters using 2handers this expansion, since there's only one good enchant for us.
Edited by Aoir on 3/4/2011 9:11 PM PST
100 Gnome Warlock
Seriously guys, which would you rather have? 4.1 come in with Firelands and it's buggy/incomplete/glitchy and bad? Or wait a little while longer and have smooth, polished raid?
85 Draenei Warrior
03/04/2011 6:29 PMPosted by Zarhym

DPS Warrior ranged slot weapon?

Please say yes. There being nothing ideally suited between a TH green quest reward and a 359 boe drop is unfortunate. Especially when your alternative are to either roll against a hunter or rogue for agility ranged slot items (which they oddly enough don't like either) or getting the tank gun thats been around for a few weeks now and reforge off some of the parry (which is not ideal).

I believe that (ranged slot for DPS warriors) was specifically brought up in a meeting I had last week. We want to get some items out there that are currently missing, even if it's because they're only useful to a small number of classes/specs.

Should just give us the ability to use relics instead. Better than having loot that only a single class/spec can use.
90 Orc Warlock
Were the guild quests already in development or was this something you guys have seen in other newer more recent mmo's and decided to adopt?
100 Orc Hunter
03/04/2011 6:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
An entire patch and all that is released is two old instances changed into 5 mans.

The point isn't really that we're delaying Firelands so we can release ZA/ZG instead, or because we don't think players are ready for a new raid. Our messaging on the subject directly implies this, and that's our fault.

What we're really saying is that we want more frequent, slightly smaller updates to the game so that content keeps coming. Since Firelands isn't quite ready yet, we've made the decision not to hold back the other 4.1 patch content for it. Instead, we're going to release patch 4.1 with the content that's ready to go so the majority of players have more things to do, while also putting some finishing touches on Firelands so we can ship it out in 4.2 shortly thereafter. We're not arbitrarily holding back Firelands. On the contrary, we don't want to hold back other content updates for Firelands.

The main content features currently planned for 4.1 are:

• Zul'Gurub revamp

• Zul'Aman revamp

• New level-85 Stranglethorn quest line (phased) leading players into the troll dungeons

• New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

• New & updated flavor items, vanity pets, and mounts

• Guild Challenges (new guild quests)

All of this is in addition to a number of UI improvements, class balance changes, and more. We'll have more information on the patch 4.1 features coming soon. :D

New ZA and ZG should be fun...every time I read the lore, I start thinking of rolling some Troll toon and wish there were Shadow Hunters like our good friend Vol'jin. (sort of Hunter/Rogues).

Oh yea...speaking hunters...wtb hunter love from design! ;)
100 Night Elf Rogue

Wow. Please don't do this. It was horrible in trial of the champion, and it's something I'd rather not see return. Chance to drop is fine, chance to spawn then chance to drop is not a welcome addition to random loot.

im a member of the "no banner of victory" club.

yay for rng on top of rng. having it in archaeology isnt enough, I guess.

What's the difference between two coin flips coming up heads and rolling a 4 on a 4-sided die?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]