Outdated SMF guide. Please remove sticky. :)

(Locked)

85 Worgen Warrior
It depends on how you do the fight. Typically, we have to watch our threat at the beginning so we do not pop our cooldowns right away. So in that sense, yes, we take a little while to climb.

I've noticed on some fights (e.g. Magmaw, where you save your cooldowns for the head phase), I start at the bottom of the DPS charts and then climb to the top, and by the time the head phase occurs, I am leading the DPS meters by 2-3k.

However, in a fight like Halfus where we pop Time Warp right at the beginning to get the drakes down as fast as possible, I jump right to the top of the charts.
85 Tauren Warrior
Excuse my ignorance, but what does SMF and MSBT mean?
90 Worgen Warrior
Quick engi gem question: I'm currently around 11% hit, and am looking at dropping my hit down a few more notches. I have the crit and hit engi gems in my helm. Should I swap the hit gem out for a mastery or haste gem?

Dropping that gem out will sit me at 9% hit, and was leaning slightly more towards replacing it with a mastery gem, but with the 4.1 changes, should I go for the haste gem instead? Or just leave it as the hit, seeing as hit is still at a higher SEP value?
100 Pandaren Warrior
Quick engi gem question: I'm currently around 11% hit, and am looking at dropping my hit down a few more notches. I have the crit and hit engi gems in my helm. Should I swap the hit gem out for a mastery or haste gem?

Dropping that gem out will sit me at 9% hit, and was leaning slightly more towards replacing it with a mastery gem, but with the 4.1 changes, should I go for the haste gem instead? Or just leave it as the hit, seeing as hit is still at a higher SEP value?

Right now, there's evidence that haste will be better than mastery in 4.1. Landsoul found that haste overtook hit as well at BiS heroic raid gear levels, but I haven't been over to EJ forums in a while, so I don't know if that's still his result.

You should put an expertise cogwheel instead of hit, though. You'll gain 114 crit from reforging your trinket + ~130 hit from being able to reforge out of the expertise.(you're already 39 over the expertise cap). Try using wowreforge.com to get optimal reforging; I highly recommend it.

ps. A strength ranged will be better than an agi level 346 even if it's the ilevel 318 quest reward green. You can also get one week of arena wins and get the thrown which is BiS before you get the Crossfire Carbine, I believe. You may want to arena just to get the melee weapons as well.

edit:
04/15/2011 03:39 AMPosted by Smallviille

Leave it in there. you want around 10-12% hit as SMF

*high fives fellow Lightbringerer(bringeree?)*
Edited by Knoam on 4/15/2011 4:04 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warrior
The exp cog is a great idea....which I had overlooked, and I thank you for that. As far as the Carbine goes......I was l....l close to buying one tonight (as I am never on for any BoT trash runs) but thought against it, as I can just grab the ZG/ZA bow in a few days/week, I hope.
90 Worgen Warrior
And I also have (can't figure out how to link items *sigh*) Thundecall.....which I used as my ranged dps for awhile, but was trying out Amber Messenger (which I know doesn't have any real dps warrior stats....which is why it was a test period) just to see what would happen.

Been thinking of going back to it for a bit now.
Edited by Jaaryn on 4/15/2011 5:12 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
04/15/2011 03:39 AMPosted by Smallviille
Leave it in there. you want around 10-12% hit as SMF

I was doing Atramedes and Chima last night at 9.63% hit, and was finding myself rage-capped quite often, with nowhere to spend the rage.

I think in this raiding tier there is so much environmental damage (on most fights) that you can get by with 8-10% hit no problem. If you watch Landsoul play, stacks mastery over hit, and uses RB almost every time it's up.

I reforged one of my Soul Blades and dropped back down to 9.3% hit, and now have over 14 mastery. I think my sweet spot is ~9-9.5% hit.

Edited by Shrymp on 4/15/2011 5:22 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
04/15/2011 05:08 AMPosted by Jaaryn
And I also have (can't figure out how to link items *sigh*) Thundecall.....which I used as my ranged dps for awhile, but was trying out Amber Messenger (which I know doesn't have any real dps warrior stats....which is why it was a test period) just to see what would happen.

no, no, no. ALWAYS take the +STR ranged weapon.

Carbine is a good upgrade, and is BiS all the way through T11. It will be your longest-lasting purchase, by far. Then again, you might get it as a drop, so it's a gamble. But as far as investment longevity, carbine is #1.
90 Worgen Warrior
Sounds like a plan. Thanks everyone
85 Troll Warrior
honestly i wouldn't mind losing some hit and boosting mastery a bit, but i feel like thats only going to make my burst agro issue even worse. Im usually in the top 5 anyways (depending on fight), but even with tricks on tank and me holding back on my cds, agro is an issue. Best solution i have found is to make friends with a neckbeard paladin and beg for salv. I feel like this shouldn't have to be the case. Vigilance is usually spoken for with an off tank. Why do we as warriors not have an effective method other than stopping damage (and therefore our energy production) to manage our agro?
85 Worgen Warrior
04/16/2011 09:34 AMPosted by Endboss
honestly i wouldn't mind losing some hit and boosting mastery a bit, but i feel like thats only going to make my burst agro issue even worse. Im usually in the top 5 anyways (depending on fight), but even with tricks on tank and me holding back on my cds, agro is an issue. Best solution i have found is to make friends with a neckbeard paladin and beg for salv. I feel like this shouldn't have to be the case. Vigilance is usually spoken for with an off tank. Why do we as warriors not have an effective method other than stopping damage (and therefore our energy production) to manage our agro?

Increasing mastery would only hurt your burst when you're popping Deathwish. Slam still hits harder than RB, even with 14.2-ish mastery (according to SimCraft).

Right now, due to gear, the only reforging options I have are my 2x Soul Blades. I can either reforge the hit into crit, or the mastery into crit . When I reforge the hit into crit, I end up with 14.5 mastery and 9.06% hit. The other way, it's the way I have it now.

When I run SimCraft, my hit has a higher SEP than mastery (.55 versus .35), so I'm going with a higher-hit build right now-- especially since Slam hits harder than Mastery, and I want more procs for Slam.
90 Undead Warrior
I kind of need some help. I'm logged in with my dps gear at the moment, and I could use some analysis. I am at 10.39% hit, 26 expertise, and I've been following the rotation to a tee, but I just can't pull as much as I do in arms. I literally do 4k less than what I can do in arms (15k in arms, 11k in SMF fury).
85 Worgen Warrior
04/21/2011 07:41 AMPosted by Gnomebasher
I kind of need some help. I'm logged in with my dps gear at the moment, and I could use some analysis. I am at 10.39% hit, 26 expertise, and I've been following the rotation to a tee, but I just can't pull as much as I do in arms. I literally do 4k less than what I can do in arms (15k in arms, 11k in SMF fury).

Have you read the guide? Because it doesn't seem like it. You are reforging out of crit, which is in the top-3 of "things to NEVER, EVER, EVER DO."

Step 1: Reforge any item which does not have base Crit on it. Reforge OUT of haste, mastery, hit... in that order.
Step 2: Get 26 expertise by reforging haste, mastery, hit... in that order
Step 2a: If you can't hit 26 expertise during Step 2, then you may have to back out one of your Crit reforges, but you should be able to.
Step 3: Enchant.
Step 4: Gem your last Chimera's Eye
Step 5: Stop wearing tanking bracers; the strength on them is really small, even compared to 346 heroic Alpha Bracers or something like that.

There are more things you can do after those basic ones, but start with those. Once you've read the guide, come back.
90 Undead Warrior
04/21/2011 08:13 AMPosted by Shrymp

Have you read the guide? Because it doesn't seem like it. You are reforging out of crit, which is in the top-3 of "things to NEVER, EVER, EVER DO."

Step 1: Reforge any item which does not have base Crit on it. Reforge OUT of haste, mastery, hit... in that order.
Step 2: Get 26 expertise by reforging haste, mastery, hit... in that order
Step 2a: If you can't hit 26 expertise during Step 2, then you may have to back out one of your Crit reforges, but you should be able to.
Step 3: Enchant.
Step 4: Gem your last Chimera's Eye
Step 5: Stop wearing tanking bracers; the strength on them is really small, even compared to 346 heroic Alpha Bracers or something like that.

There are more things you can do after those basic ones, but start with those. Once you've read the guide, come back.

I've reforged my gear correctly, and enchanted. Thanks for the help. Just an FYI, I have had terrible luck with bracers, and the only other pair I had besides these tanking bracers was a questing green.
85 Worgen Warrior
04/21/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Gnomebasher
I've reforged my gear correctly, and enchanted. Thanks for the help. Just an FYI, I have had terrible luck with bracers, and the only other pair I had besides these tanking bracers was a questing green.

Np, understandable. Try to get the Alpha bracers, as they are BiS until raids (or get the ones from ZA/ZG after the 4.1 patch).

Also, if you log out and update your Bnet armory, I can see what else you can do to improve.
90 Undead Warrior
04/21/2011 08:36 AMPosted by Shrymp

Np, understandable. Try to get the Alpha bracers, as they are BiS until raids (or get the ones from ZA/ZG after the 4.1 patch).

Also, if you log out and update your Bnet armory, I can see what else you can do to improve.

logged, and if you don't mind, excuse the dual hurricane enchants and some of the sub par gear. If I were to buy everything you have that's BoE, it would cost 50k^, money I don't have, and also pretty clueless on how to make.
85 Worgen Warrior

logged, and if you don't mind, excuse the dual hurricane enchants and some of the sub par gear. If I were to buy everything you have that's BoE, it would cost 50k^, money I don't have, and also pretty clueless on how to make.

Much, much better my friend.

Only a few small details, and I'm not sure you can even do them with your gear.

1. Reforge your Figurine to Crit, not expertise
2. Enchant your bracer with +Crit
3. Reforge helm to crit
4. Reforge gun to crit

Not sure you can do those, though, because it looks like everything you have is reforged to expertise or hit to stay at the caps. So it's ok to not worry about that for now, but when you get better gear with more expertise, you'll want to do those 4 things.

A few more things
1. Put a 20str/20hit gem in the blue sockets in BOTH your Chest and Legs. That way you'll get the socket bonus, which is big enough to be worth gemming for color. When you do this, you'll gain more +hit, so you might be able to reforge your helm into Crit instead of Hit.
2. Get your shoulder enchant (rep vendor)
3. Get the DPS Epic Belt (rep vendor from Hyjal) and put a buckle in it

Also, if you really want to max, drop mining for enchanting or BS.
Edited by Shrymp on 4/21/2011 10:19 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]