Outdated SMF guide. Please remove sticky. :)

(Locked)

85 Tauren Warrior
Im not on herioc yor but i couldn't imagine not having bladestorm, B&T, and my bone-link fetish for that fight
85 Orc Warrior
BiS Weapon List for 4.3?
90 Worgen Warrior
From every account I've heard, Souldrinkers proc sucks like a Hoover. The agility weapon WILL be SMF's BIS weapon this tier, as the proc is pretty good. People always say "OMG YOU'RE LOSING STRENGTH!!!" but they always forget that agility is worth .4-.5 STR in most cases. It's similar to WOTLK and how every warrior used agility items due to their armor pen.

I can't remember weapon names at the moment, I'll edit them in later. :P

MAIN HAND LIST
Best
416 Agility 1H
410 Morchok axe
416 Souldrinker
403 Agility 1H
397 Morchok axe
403 Souldrinker
Worst

OFF HAND LIST
Best
410 Morchok Axe
416 Souldrinker
416 Agility 1H
397 Morchok Axe
403 Souldrinker
403 Agility 1H
Edited by Collision on 12/30/2011 9:20 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Collision, are we following TG's lead with regards to reforging to ~19% hit as a first priority?
90 Worgen Warrior
It doesn't appear so for most people in 380+ gear, but it is possible with certain gear setups that hit will be better than crit. Maybe below 12-14% hit? It's probably best to spreadsheet it to be sure.
70 Night Elf Druid
So what type of numbers you putting up with your get up? Say on a fight like LFR Morchok.
Just so I can see where I'm at.
90 Worgen Warrior
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cq8d017m9lmq7irl/

That's a 10 man heroic log with a few buffs missing (3% damage and bleed debuff, I think), in LFR with every buff I generally get around 33-36k on Morchok, 36-38k on Ultraxian.
Edited by Collision on 12/13/2011 11:21 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
If No'Kaled is our BiS Why would bliz put the LFR Restriction in! I had 2 drop today and they got DE'd! made me rage knowing that i could of put them to use :(
90 Worgen Warrior
12/13/2011 11:27 PMPosted by Teedo
If No'Kaled is our BiS Why would bliz put the LFR Restriction in! I had 2 drop today and they got DE'd! made me rage knowing that i could of put them to use :(

I don't necessarily think they intended for an agility weapon to be a BIS weapon for us, it's just a side-effect of them attempting to create a tank weapon that can also work for SMF.
70 Night Elf Druid
And yet Hunters can roll need(with roll bonus) on the Two-handed strength weapon(name escapes me) from Deathwing. Go figure.
90 Worgen Warrior
It should be noted, and I failed to mention this earlier, that the weapon BIS list was only for MAIN-hand weapons. I edited the post to include BIS lists for both.

The reasoning for this is that offhand proc weapons always proc much much less than main hand weapons, so stats are more important. Offhand weapon attacks also do 25% less damage, so the actual weapon "Damage" difference from raging blow/slam offhand hits are less important as well.
Edited by Collision on 1/16/2012 9:35 PM PST
85 Dwarf Warrior
what pieces of tier gear are you planning on using? i kinda wanna stay away from the huge mastery of tier chest and shoulders from spine. i may end up using tier helm/shoulder/glove/leg and valor vendor chest. i need to keep in mind that i may never kill heroic spine, although i am not sure which heroics are easiest. i just imagine it will be easier to get heroic tier shoulders than heroic shoulders from spine.

tldr, do you value a higher item lvl item with more str and poor stats like mastery or do you like a lower item lvl with better itemization
90 Worgen Warrior
Higher ilevel always wins out, even if it's not the best itemization. This even applies to weapons in some cases.
90 Worgen Warrior
Finally picked up No'Kaled, the Elements of Death, proc tends to be like 4-5% of my overall damage from initial testing. Much better than the souldrinker proc which tends to be 2% or so.
85 Draenei Warrior
Dunno if you've addressed this, but if you armory the toon that made this post (I assume you just changed your character race) it actually brings you to some level 42 undead frost mage.

I just found it kinda silly is all. Good info otherwise!
90 Worgen Warrior
Dunno if you've addressed this, but if you armory the toon that made this post (I assume you just changed your character race) it actually brings you to some level 42 undead frost mage.

I just found it kinda silly is all. Good info otherwise!

Yeah, I transferred servers and unfortunately that's just how the forums work. Silly level 42 undead frost mage.
90 Pandaren Warrior
This is an awesome guide. I have no questions or comments, just wanted to say it helped me ^^
85 Undead Warrior
hey i recently picked up 2 morchoks. I have ilvl 380ish gear without gems and enchants and i was hitting 12k on the dummies. That seems kind of low to me. What should i be expected with reforging and gems?
90 Worgen Warrior
20kish? That is pretty low.
85 Worgen Warrior
I've gotten a couple 397 Morchoks (since they drop every time) and was wondering if they would bring my dps above my arms spec which is using a 378 weapon. My thought is yes but I don't know the extent of the nerf that fury received since I just came back from a break. I was smf in firelands but have been arms since I've been back, any help is greatly appreciated!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]