Outdated SMF guide. Please remove sticky. :)

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
01/07/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Døn
I've gotten a couple 397 Morchoks (since they drop every time) and was wondering if they would bring my dps above my arms spec which is using a 378 weapon. My thought is yes but I don't know the extent of the nerf that fury received since I just came back from a break. I was smf in firelands but have been arms since I've been back, any help is greatly appreciated!

Yep. They would bring it above arms. Arms isn't THAT much better than Fury. I actually have a 378 2 hander that I'm using for my arms spec, and while I've only been playing arms for about a week I'm generally 2-3k below my fury dps. If I had more experience with arms it'd probably be within 1-2k.
90 Worgen Warrior
Added information for T13 2 piece:

When you get 2 piece, your rotation will change to the following:

BT > CS > Slam > Shout > RB

Shout becomes a higher priority than RB, but make sure you only use it if you aren't going to rage cap.

Also, make sure to spreadsheet your character and use the exact raid composition that your raid uses. Depending on what buffs you may be missing and your current gear setup, hit might actually have a higher value than crit. For example, my 10 man generally lacks the 30% bleed debuff, which lowers crits value to the point where it is almost dead-even with hit.
Edited by Collision on 1/9/2012 10:03 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Is that rotation where shout is a higher priority than RB only during the IR effect?

I generally try to hit BS if BT is on cooldown, I have no slam proc, I have less than 60 rage, AND CS is less than 5 seconds away. And even then I'll hit HS to deplete rage before I hit BS so I don't rage cap.

Also, is Simcraft still good for determining SEP?
Edited by Shrymp on 1/11/2012 5:12 AM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
Is that rotation where shout is a higher priority than RB only during the IR effect?

I generally try to hit BS if BT is on cooldown, I have no slam proc, I have less than 60 rage, AND CS is less than 5 seconds away. And even then I'll hit HS to deplete rage before I hit BS so I don't rage cap.

Also, is Simcraft still good for determining SEP?

:edit:

Newest version of simcraft works pretty good, yay.
Edited by Collision on 1/22/2012 12:29 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
How have you found SMF holds up on fights like Heroic Yor, where Arms can be pretty damaging with aoe? Have been arms since just before the patch, but had been SMF more or less up until that point. Initially, I figured SMF, and Fury in general would be lower than Arms due to the nerf, but I've been wanting more and more to go back to the good old 1-handers.

As you can see, I only just got some relatively up to date one handers, but I'm a little sceptical as to weather I can hold my own compared to going Arms with a 403 Gurthalak, even on burn fights like Ult and Chok that don't have adds.
Edited by Gornnaga on 1/12/2012 3:36 AM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
On Heroic Yor I ranked #61 for 10 Heroic with 35.5k dps. For comparison, the #61 rank for Arms is about 45k DPS.

So yeah, Fury in general doesn't really compete on Heroic YOR. Anything with consistent cleaving or bladestorm opportunities (Yor, Blackhorn, probably Madness) is going to put Arms way above fury.
Edited by Collision on 1/12/2012 3:26 PM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
Doesn't look like fury is getting any buffs, which is kind of unfortunate as we're in the back of the pack. The only way fury can be competitive is by using the awful prepot mastery trick where you wear a set of gear that has a !@#$load of mastery on it (mastery gems, trinkets, etc) and use deathwish/potion 2 seconds before the encounter. If they're balancing fury based on that, they're doing it wrong.
85 Tauren Warrior
Back when fury was a spec in vanilla and tbc there was the usage of a 2.8 mh and a 1.4 off hand because of a talent called unbridled wrath that chance on hit got you extra rage, your offhand generated alot of rage b/c of this and it was cool to have one weapon always attacking and the other one doing the burst dmg... is there anyway to bring this back or b/c slam hits with both should we simply be dual wielding 2.8/6's with SMF?
90 Worgen Warrior
01/14/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Varashoto
Back when fury was a spec in vanilla and tbc there was the usage of a 2.8 mh and a 1.4 off hand because of a talent called unbridled wrath that chance on hit got you extra rage, your offhand generated alot of rage b/c of this and it was cool to have one weapon always attacking and the other one doing the burst dmg... is there anyway to bring this back or b/c slam hits with both should we simply be dual wielding 2.8/6's with SMF?

Rage normalization killed this.
Edited by Collision on 1/16/2012 10:25 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Ive been smf for a while and keep getting told smf is dead and i see a lot more arms warriors, is arms better or switching to tg be better?
90 Human Warrior
Ive been smf for a while and keep getting told smf is dead and i see a lot more arms warriors, is arms better or switching to tg be better?
90 Worgen Warrior
Fury and TG are equal with equal weapons. Arms is slightly better.
85 Goblin Warrior
01/18/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Collision

In pre madness of dw weapons what is ahead and how much roughly? SMF TG or Arms? I heard that Gurth is pretty much the biggest reason that arms pulls ahead.
90 Tauren Warrior
does Bone Link Fetish's damage get the 20% increase from the smf talent or is just a straight up attack power only?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/23/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Clavitz
does Bone Link Fetish's damage get the 20% increase from the smf talent or is just a straight up attack power only?
Attack power isn't directly affecting bone links damage. Your AP increases damage dealt which then directly affects bone links damage range, so the answer is probably yes.

Or not idk anything.
Edited by Hastsukuyomi on 1/24/2012 1:09 PM PST
90 Worgen Warrior

In pre madness of dw weapons what is ahead and how much roughly? SMF TG or Arms? I heard that Gurth is pretty much the biggest reason that arms pulls ahead.

Nah, arms is pretty much ahead even when using non-gurth weapons.

ARMS > SMF = TG

I have no evidence to suggest that the bone link works that way, as I don't have one yet. But, I'm 99% confident that the 20% damage boost works with it.
Edited by Collision on 1/24/2012 6:39 PM PST
88 Blood Elf Warrior
Hey there I am new at the Warrior game, any tips on a TG fury? Build?
Question. In the long run is TG better then SMF cause of the stats the 2h weapons have compared to the 1h ones?
90 Worgen Warrior
02/05/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Relicque
Question. In the long run is TG better then SMF cause of the stats the 2h weapons have compared to the 1h ones?

Nah, the 20% damage increase you get for being SMF makes them even no matter the ilevel of your gear.

The only time they get out of sync is when TG has a weapon that is just amazing (Gurth) or set bonuses that favor raging blow. (T12)
85 Goblin Warrior
What should I be using during my Battle Trance procs? I have 4-piece T13, so which does more DPR; Heroic Strike or Raging Blow? The chance for Colossus Smash would make Raging Blow pull ahead in priority, does it not?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]