Outdated SMF guide. Please remove sticky. :)

(Locked)

85 Orc Warrior
Hi guys,

This seems to be a only alive thread on the forum, so I will ask my questions here.

1. Is there a TG thread? The 52 page one is at the limit and I cannot find any other decent one.

2. Is 20% unbuffed crit a myth? I mean my gear is not terrible, but it seems that I cannot reach 20% crit no matter what I do.

Thanks.
-MasterOfTheWeb
85 Worgen Warrior
1. No, the stickied one is the TG thread. Unfortunately, Blizzard is retarded and has a post limit, so people now ask their questions via a new thread.

2. Yes and no. It seems that, unfortunately, most of our T11 gear has haste on it, and no base crit. Therefore, getting your crit by reforging means lower crit all around. There are a few things you can improve on like shoulders (Halfus shoulders have base crit). Back (Epidermis from Council has base crit).

Other than that, until you're decked out in heroic T11 you'll be around 19-20% crit. Even Landsoul can only get to 21 and change.
85 Orc Warrior
04/01/2011 07:58 AMPosted by Smallviille
yes it is sticked

Thanks for useless reply.
85 Orc Warrior
1. No, the stickied one is the TG thread. Unfortunately, Blizzard is retarded and has a post limit, so people now ask their questions via a new thread.

2. Yes and no. It seems that, unfortunately, most of our T11 gear has haste on it, and no base crit. Therefore, getting your crit by reforging means lower crit all around. There are a few things you can improve on like shoulders (Halfus shoulders have base crit). Back (Epidermis from Council has base crit).

Other than that, until you're decked out in heroic T11 you'll be around 19-20% crit. Even Landsoul can only get to 21 and change.

Thanks for reply.

1. Where is that new thread, because I am unable to find it?

2. Yeah I know about those pieces, but back does not drop and I can not use shoulders until I get tier helm (does not drop for weeks) because I do not want to lose set bonus.
85 Worgen Warrior

Thanks for reply.

1. Where is that new thread, because I am unable to find it?

2. Yeah I know about those pieces, but back does not drop and I can not use shoulders until I get tier helm (does not drop for weeks) because I do not want to lose set bonus.

1. I meant they ALL start their own new thread lol

2. Yeah, I figured you would have replaced them by now. I understand, and I'm glad you know what you have to do. Unfortunately, I don't see anywhere else you can reforge to build some more crit. Just bad gear combinations I think.

Fortunately, you have a lot of strength from that very same gear that is robbing you some Crit, and since STR is #1, I wouldn't be too concerned.
85 Orc Warrior
04/01/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Smallviille
nice tanking helm bro

Nice dps pants bro
85 Worgen Warrior
Howdy everyone. I recently tried out SMF and didn't get the same results as TG I'm not sure why but I did a couple of parses and TG seemed to do more damage im not sure what I was doing wrong Simply BT RB BT GCD ( GCD= CS>SLAM>SHOUT) Can anyone suggest anything?

TG weps: Shalu'ag doom axe thing off Cho'gall ( Normal)
Akirus the worm breaker ( Normal)

SMF: Lavaspine Normal
Vicious Gladiators sword

Im not sure if its because I am using a pvp wep but I don't think that would cause the 2k difference am I wrong?
Edited by Sulty on 4/5/2011 4:07 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
Howdy everyone. I recently tried out SMF and didn't get the same results as TG I'm not sure why but I did a couple of parses and TG seemed to do more damage im not sure what I was doing wrong Simply BT RB BT GCD ( GCD= CS>SLAM>SHOUT) Can anyone suggest anything?

TG weps: Shalu'ag doom axe thing off Cho'gall ( Normal)
Akirus the worm breaker ( Normal)

SMF: Lavaspine Normal
Vicious Gladiators sword

Im not sure if its because I am using a pvp wep but I don't think that would cause the 2k difference am I wrong?

2k difference will not be made by using a PVP Sword in the off-hand. You only lose 97 points of a secondary stat. I have the PVP sword as my off-hand, and I've run simulations with a 2nd Soul Blade, and my DPS increase is only like 100.

First of all your rotation is incorrect. Slam is prioritized over RB in the SMF rotation. I'm not sure if that would account for 2k of a difference, so maybe there were some other things amiss. I see you have Landslide on both of your TG weapons... Did you have Landslide on your Lavaspine and VG sword also? Landslide is a tremendously-powerful proc, especially when you stack it.
Edited by Shrymp on 4/5/2011 4:48 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
Hmm sorry to cause inconveniance is it possible to get a rotation set out like

BT CS RB BT HS WW so i can see in order what I have to do because for some reason i cannot understand the one given at the start. As for the landslides you may be onto somthing I was stacking hurricane.

Cheers

Sultieeeee
85 Worgen Warrior
Well, your priority is:
1. CS
2. BT
3. Slam
4. RB
Rage dump: HS/Cleave

Theoretically you would just to BT-Slam-BT-Slam-etc. However, you can't do that because of 1. the Slam proc and 2. potential rage starvation. Therefore, you really have to do some mental cost-benefit analysis during your rotation. Also, anything you hit (slam or RB) should never delay your BT. In other words, if your BT cooldown has < 1.5 Seconds remaining (the length of a Global CD), do not hit anything else (except HS if you have > 70 rage).

The logical sequence for Fury rotation is very dependent on multiple factors.
90 Orc Warrior
would picking up the t11 legs and shoulders be better than t11 legs and the shoulders off halfus
since im probly not goin to be getting the t11 helm any time soon.
85 Worgen Warrior
would picking up the t11 legs and shoulders be better than t11 legs and the shoulders off halfus
since im probly not goin to be getting the t11 helm any time soon.

I think the T11 4-piece bonus is worth TEMPORARILY using the T11 shoulders.

But as soon as you get the T11 helm, you better put those Halfus shoulders back on.
90 Orc Warrior
cool thanks
1 Human Warrior
Does anyone else have insane burst at the beginning of fights?
85 Worgen Warrior
04/06/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Kecan
Does anyone else have insane burst at the beginning of fights?

Nope, just you. You're the best warrior in the world. Gj sir.

We all have the same skills. If you pop DW/Reck/golem at the beginning of the fight, yes, you will burse.

Some of my WoL data shows me spiking anywhere from 50-95k dps when I pop DW/reck/golem. Time it right and you'll destroy s.
Edited by Shrymp on 4/6/2011 2:59 PM PDT
85 Human Warrior
Generally if your tank doesn't blow and you have 2 misdirects in your raid you can safely blow all your "starting" cooldowns about 5 seconds in. Sometimes you may need a salv for when the misdirects drop off, but a lot of that depends on how lucky you get with your crits while your cooldowns/trinkets are running.

I generally just autoswing for the first 5 seconds, it works for me.
85 Orc Warrior
So for acquiring our 4 set, are the tier shoulders going to be better then the shoulders off hafius in 4.1 since our tier gloves have horrible stats?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]