Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 6.1

(Sticky)

1 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Vanguardsz
Edited a few things to update for 5.4.7, but to be honest not much changed!

I may revise things once I can do more arenas in 5.4.7.

Grats on 2/3 Ret R1 titles. rofl.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2014 01:31 AMPosted by Avaricex
02/21/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Vanguardsz
Edited a few things to update for 5.4.7, but to be honest not much changed!

I may revise things once I can do more arenas in 5.4.7.

lol thanks

1/1 in Malevolent was even funnier though =P. Hopefully we'll do better this patch.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2014 04:05 AMPosted by Vanguardsz
02/22/2014 01:31 AMPosted by Avaricex

lol thanks

1/1 in Malevolent was even funnier though =P. Hopefully we'll do better this patch.

I hope so, too. :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ive rolled retribution scince Wotlk and paladin has always ben a good class for me but they just dont do any damage anymore i mean a frost mage with like ilvl 496 can hit 120K no sweat i think its time all pally chose healer or tank or rerolled all together.

Or maybe they will give us a mega buff in WoD
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Would like to speak. Personally on retadins. But either you switch servers. Or I can't find you logged in
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You seem to have dropped haste and stack Mastery and then crit?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/06/2014 11:16 AMPosted by Maximùs
You seem to have dropped haste and stack Mastery and then crit?

I would like to know how the change is working as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Updated guide, after a lot of testing I've decided to run "Crit" as the main off-stat rather than Haste or Mastery. Its given the best results in terms of all-round usefulness; burst and surviving.

We have very bad up-time this particular patch, partially due to our squishyness and how easy we have always been to CC. I feel Crit or Mastery can accomplish much more than haste now since our actual up-time in PvP is very low.

I also changed the Viability section a little, Ret Hunter Shaman is the best comp this patch imo for Rets. The closest second is probably Ret Warlock Shaman.
Edited by Vanguardsz on 4/25/2014 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Great games tonight man. Was fun watching you play against the WLS. Both nadaghasts team and larrys. My only wish is that rets become viable with more classes next xpac.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I noticed my overall damage in arena dropped quite a bit reforging out of haste... I do notice the burst phase is quite strong but i don't know if its worth it.. I guess ill keep testing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
playing with anything below 20% haste is just less fun. I'm copying vanguards set-up and it seems to be working well, but I love playing with haste. much more fun
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
This doesn't seem to get much attention, but figure I post anyways

I am the most happy I've been with current set-up. Skipping +str gemming and going all crit, I reforge enough to hit ~24% haste.

Now I use SW, not HA, maybe that's where this differs. But with speccing out of haste, anything below 24%, you actually have to wait for too long for what is comfortable to hit back and forth to accumulate HP.

Now I am also not using clemency, I'm using the 50% reduction on bubble. Clemency works much better with HA, due to being able to stay in melee range.

I just can't not use 50% reduction, because our defensives are such !@#$ right now. I also find myself getting kited, and being able to do substantial damage while at rangeis crucial.

2 very different ways of playing, I'll probably try going back to HA. Before 5.4, I loved HA, after I felt more successful with SW (taking a short break in this time period).

I'm also using SW primarily due to how ridiculous CC is right now, My entire short burst is wasted if I get caught in a fear and have to run back to target.

HA burst is much harder, this I know. For arena gaming, it is probably better. Land the burst, save trinket for it. But then your entire game depends on it, which i guess is the case anyway, especially at high MMR.

With SW burst is more forgiving.

Overall my set-up is better for performance in BG's.

I am able to take down a target, still have a burst for the next.

Anyways, this is my experience so far. I am constantly experimenting. No, I don't have ratings to back it up. Just preference. Thought I'd share my thoughts here.

Speccing mastery and crit for HA, makes sense. Since you have everything hinging on that burst anyways. And you're rocking TV much more often.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
hi. still gearing and am pretty new to the endgame pvp but would like to just say thank you. all of this information has been very helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Random question: Would you recommend going with crit over haste for RBGs as well?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You got a macro that pull pop everything? Mine works for every cooldown except it wont pop GotAK? Any help you can give me there?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I also just ran 2's with a spriest and it went very well! Would you have a recommended arena partner to go along with us for 3's that would work even better?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/05/2014 06:07 AMPosted by Heradura
Just read on the EU forums that Vanguards quit ret, the reason more or less being beat by scrub L$D groups while playing near perfectly. I can't blame him. We all know the state of ret and he definitely took it as far as it could go. I hope he hasn't truly given up though, but like I said, I couldn't blame him if so.

I didn't quit, I'm not really playing WoW all together as I'm on a trip in Hong Kong right now. I'll be playing WoW in general more again which includes my Ret when I'm back (around June 20th). I definitely did have a very frustrating experience in my last few sessions of playing Ret though, which is where the rumors started from I think. Continuous losses gets in my head sometimes and I make statements I don't 100% mean. Thanks for your concern though! Hopefully some better sessions will come in when I'm back.
Edited by Vanguardsz on 6/6/2014 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@Sam

We all make statements we don't mean, especially when hella frustrated with the game.

GL and hope Hong Kong treats you well!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
@Sam

Welcome home - looking forward to your next Ret stream.

Trying to get an All Ret 5v5 team together within the Paladin community, are you interested? lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]