Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 6.2

(Sticky)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have some questions,
1) Why didn't you get Art of War up to 3/3 in first Talent, only 1/3. A free exorcism is always good.
2)Why don't we need the Divine Storm ability?

1) Since it only procs on autoattacks, and we get kited quite a bit in arenas, the idea is that it's not worth the talent points.

2) Divine Storm does very little damage. Also it breaks cc. The only use for it is to try to get rogues out of stealth, and we have Holy Wrath for that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have some questions,
1) Why didn't you get Art of War up to 3/3 in first Talent, only 1/3. A free exorcism is always good.
2)Why don't we need the Divine Storm ability?

1) Since it only procs on autoattacks, and we get kited quite a bit in arenas, the idea is that it's not worth the talent points.

2) Divine Storm does very little damage. Also it breaks cc. The only use for it is to try to get rogues out of stealth, and we have Holy Wrath for that.

3) Shares cooldown with crusader strike

4) Won't generate holypower unless you hit 4+ targets
Reply Quote
yea, I am slowly working my way out of noobishness... just figured that out yesterday.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I made my first pally and was trying to look up the spec you have posted. However, Curse has been down for days. Is there any way you could put the spec on wowhead so it can viewed?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hey i just wanted to ask something i have been saving up for the TB Dps Trinket and i wanted to know if it shares any sort of CD with strength pvp trinket?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Update for 4.2 ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi, can someone tell me what with haste for ret pvp ? I'm having a hard time gemming and reforging. Do u cap hit first?, after that should you go for mastery, crit or haste?.

And about the bracer/ belt/ cloak "Prowess" or "Alacrity" ? thx, any help will be really appreciated
Edited by Vondrak on 6/30/2011 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

06/05/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Blite
Why don't we need Eye for an Eye? I mean, the casters and ranged are really a pain for melee, so why not give some of their damage back to them? Please explain

It's situational since you don't face casters all the time. I'd rather save those points
to improve damage or heals in combat.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It just might be me but in pvp now ret pallys are slowly falling apart.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
But if we all follow this guide i believe that will change dramactically
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
i was wondering is it worth to gem 20str/20resil ny more or will be better of to gem for 20str 20mastery ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm having a problem fighting druids, warlocks, and rogues one on one. the Pally just can't keep up with the buffs they have recieved in the last few patches especially since the pally keeps getting cut down, in my opinion things should just be made even across the board, and that isn't the situation, Thanks Lanastin.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
sorry for the slow / non responses to the questions here. but anyways i updated the guide slightly to 4.2 with changes mainly to talents etc.

hope it'll help!
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Paladin
Thank you by reading this thread i have found out alot of stuff that i was doing incredibly wrong on my paladin and now im off too fix alot of it lawl . Hurray Vanguardy !
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Fabulous post Vanguardy! Best writeup in one place I've found on ret pally pvp, and probably the best forum post I've read for WoW---ever!
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin

3) Shares cooldown with crusader strike

4) Won't generate holypower unless you hit 4+ targets

Thanks for this, I was wondering that myself.
I find a lot of the time I feel like I'm standing around waiting for global cooldown and I'm totally holy power starved. Is there anything I can do to make this a little better besides the obvious gear upgrades that I sorely need? I'm trying to PVP for season 10 gear, but so far it has been excruciatingly painful. I read what spec and glyphs I should have from these forums but I still feel as though I can't kill anything OR keep myself alive. Feeling like I wasted my life on this toon... my DK is my new favourite toon... I'm thinking of making this guy a healer...
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
1.) [url]http://wowtal.com/#k=CsoKmCkI.aei.paladin.[/url].
The most common specs for rets at the moment is some type of improve Hammer of Justice Spec. Some arguable talents here are:
- 1 Points in Acts of Sacrifice
- 2 Points in AOW
- 2Points in Guardian's Favor
The rest of the talents are pretty concrete. You won't pick up sancity of battle due to the fact most rets should have very little haste in PvP, and bloodlust / heroism is gone from arena. I've been going 2 points into AOW lately with 1 point only into Acts.
If your freedom is constantly getting purged / spell stolen switch guardian's favor to AOW (Art of War).

2.) [url]http://wowtal.com/#k=7szq-4SA.aei.paladin.[/url].
This is the probably the highest healing spec for Rets (Last Word).

Why don't you take the point in Sanctity of Battle? Maybe I'm missing something but it never seems like I have enough holy power and Crusader Strike is the only thing that generates it... global cooldown is killer.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What i wana know is, why is there so many ret paladins. Oh and holy paladins! Like im prot i may not be the best prot paladin ever but i wreck most ret paladins DK's rarely blood but i kill people as prot. I am not braging im just simply statig why is there like 6 prot paladins on my realm and rarely any more i want to know.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You may wreck random pugs in BGs but if you run into someone who knows what they're doing, you're going to be kited into infinity. It's the same problem ret has except we have Cleanse and 10sec WoG to ease the pain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]