Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 6.2

(Sticky)

85 Human Paladin
what do u guys think about the Apparatus of Khaz'goroth? is it worth taking?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Pure awesomesness
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
If your with your doing arena then ask your mates too stun them and then do your own interrupt.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/06/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Deathsoul
what do u guys think about the Apparatus of Khaz'goroth? is it worth taking?

Better than Avenging Wrath.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So...I am tempted to gem and gear crit. Is this a bad idea? If so, why? It seems like my crits are quite valuable.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/10/2011 12:55 AMPosted by Dalnor
So...I am tempted to gem and gear crit. Is this a bad idea? If so, why? It seems like my crits are quite valuable.
i wouldnt gem crit, because strength is more beneficial, crit is valuable but, make sure you dont choose crit over necessary stats like hit and expertise and such.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
this may sound dumb and all, but just started playing this game not too long ago. What is glyph of censure ?? does he mean glyph of seal of truth ? please answer :) thanks
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
@Drewbreez, Yes, Seal of Truth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
are you really drew breez
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thx for all the tips. I've built up a 371 set but haven't really done arenas... but I it is next on my list of accomplishments in-game.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I have played Ret Pallies for a long time--and we are totally nerfed---no way a ret pally stands a chance against a mage or lock--they have tons of cc's and can blink and invis---I feel that Ret Pally is now the worst melee period---oir DPS stinks in Raids and In pvp we have to wait for holy power to proc!----this is crazy!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/27/2011 09:32 PMPosted by Killbilly
I have played Ret Pallies for a long time--and we are totally nerfed---no way a ret pally stands a chance against a mage or lock--they have tons of cc's and can blink and invis---I feel that Ret Pally is now the worst melee period---oir DPS stinks in Raids and In pvp we have to wait for holy power to proc!----this is crazy!

Imo It's not the worst melee, However Ret paladins rely on CD's more than a rogue nowadays
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
i dident see this answered in the guide, or maybe im just blind. but what aura do you normally use? i can see resistance being very useful but is there situations were you use a different one?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Prot Aura against melee and Resistance aura vs casters
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/30/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Toxisety
Prot Aura against melee and Resistance aura vs casters

ah alright thanks!

so ret aura is basically completely useless?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Vanguards buddy, i see you're now reforging to Crit instead of Mastery, would like to hear your opinion on Crit vs Mastery

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
With the 200% crit heal buff, I'd say Crit pulls ahead of Mastery. Also helps to close the % gap in Last Word. I'm sitting at around 26% spell crit with talents.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
So I haven't really tried PvP in Cataclysm much yet. I got this guy to 85 in a few days after launch and played for another week or two after that before forgetting about this game for 8 months.

I've followed the spec and glyph advice of this guide for the most part but I've found that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in combat. Am I waiting for three charges of Holy power to hit Templar's Verdict all of the time? Or am I getting it to two charges and making sure Inquisition stays up? Should I be using all of it for WoG healing teammates? I'm pretty much only going to be doing random battlegrounds, at least until I've got some half decent gear.

It's just more random panicky button mashing than I'm used to. I'm definitely rusty.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
3 Holy Power for TV always. With Inquisition I generally use it at the start of a fight, refreshing whenever something isn't going to die anytime soon, & if I'm unfocused at range or have excess Divine Purpose proc's (Only if there's no one around in need of WoG).

In random battlegrounds I wouldn't exclusively save my holy power for WoG on others. It's all situational really. Is there a dedicated healer present? Are they CC'd? Is the person you're healing undergeared & likely to be 2 shot? :P etc.
Edited by Aerilith on 9/8/2011 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]