Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 5.4.7

(Sticky)

90 Human Paladin
10/28/2011 04:33 AMPosted by Knoxz
Lol this guy copy and passted from Arenajunkies.com

Who?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
true enough, those 12 secs is the largest window of opprotunity pallys get to kill a healer. our cc's suck but time them right like homie just said and healiers will hate you. and also, if your a pally and dont know to use hof then re-roll a different class

03/10/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Hotformed
You can cleanse most of your roots, and my death knight can kill people around 2 times faster than me, why would I freedom myself?

Giving freedom to yourself, especially when under pressure by a melee class (or other set of spam slows, eg. mirror images) is often preferable to giving it to your partner. Example, Rogue is attacking you, you just got out of kidney shot and need to get on the enemy Warlock to deal some damage, your Deathknight partner may be slowed by an exhaust but the repeated application of slows from the Rogue on you make giving your freedom to yourself far preferable, as well watch your mana cleanse is expensive.

I'll add you very rarely want to hoj anything other than a healer, with no other magic debuffs to cover hoj unless they are provided by one of your allies, it is generally instant dispelled and wastes a stun diminish on the target. If it is lined up with a seperate lockout on the healer it is effective, or if you can be sure it won't be dispelled go ahead. Otherwise hoj-repentance or visa versa provides a 12 second set of cc that you can be sure will stick on a healer.

Good information though by the OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i have a humble request to blizzard

please delete retribution tree from paladin class and just leave protection / holy
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/28/2011 04:33 AMPosted by Knoxz
Lol this guy copy and passted from Arenajunkies.com

Look at the name of the poster from AJ. Now look at the name of the original poster here.

See a similarity?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i have a humble request to blizzard

please delete retribution tree from paladin class and just leave protection / holy

No
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
nownow zumie youre coming up with good ideas. we dont come up with those for pallys.
but serves us right i guess by rolling a class that gets countered all day
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please take a moment and look at the new MoP Pally Talents. As Ret PvP Pallys, you should be giving your constructive point of view to blizzard and players as the trees are being developed to help better our specific class, dont let Prots, Holys, and PvE Rets be the only ones heard out there.

New Talent Calculator:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#.

General pally thread ( which a blue has replied to):
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430939761

Ret only thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595374645
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
•Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%.

Heres a thought, how about if the avenging wrath proc'ed exorcism then we could leave this alone and still have the kill move. By giving it to exorcism with instant procs and less time for it to be up it would make the damage less and still leave them with a good finishing kill move. It would also keep the mage that stole it from having the 20% damage buff very long. Leaving them not wanting to spell steal it because they would only get one maybe 2 frost bolts out of it.

Makes to much sense for blizzard to do this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is outdated
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2011 08:16 AMPosted by Mastashownuf
This is outdated

^

Someone with arena rating needs to test haste so that all the copy cats can stop sucking at the game.

Haste is a powerful stat for PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It isn't, and did it myself. I'm changing back to mastery on this season.
What happens most of the time is that most pallies don't pick SoB and JotP. With the Haste on pants it reduces the CD of CS to 4s.

But the Haste Rating is just terrible compared to mastery or crit. It doesn't worth to loose 5% crit or 5% mastery (13,5% more damage on CS and TV due to inquisition) to reduce 0,25 s CD on CS.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have updated this for 4.3 - also if you have any questions specifically for me please post on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/samk920 !
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
divine storm shares cd with crusader strike and cs does more on single targets by a large margin.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just curious, why no divine storm? is it crap these days?

this is coming from someone who hasn't touched paladin since wotlk.

Divine storm has it's place in Battleground for those aoe spams to keep the other team from capping the banners.

However, in the Arena setting I would have to agree with Vanguards.

Hey Vanguards, what is your view on the Retribution, PVE 2P set bonus of -- Your Judgement ability has a 50% chance to generate 1 Holy Power.? Would it be worth the while to sacrifice the Resilience for a 50% chance to gain an extra HP on using Judgement?
Edited by Pöny on 12/13/2011 7:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i'm trying to get the 2 pcs but the roll hates me =( 11 rolls and no profit...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What about 2 piece of the pve set for pvp? didn't see anything about it in the sticky, and i heard alot of people are going for it as ret
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]