<A>Vigilance recruiting for 25 mans 7/7

90 Human Paladin
Vigilance is a 25-man raiding guild on Uther. With the release of Cataclysm we took a month and a half hiatus from raiding. We're back and have been raiding for a few weeks now. We're a bit behind where we'd like to be but we're starting to catch up to where we'd usually stand.

We have always strived to keep the thinnest guild roster possible but we have a tendency
to take that a little too far and although we don't have a hardcore raid attendance policy, too many people show up just because they feel like they're letting everyone down when they can't raid. So to head off burnout and so that we can have some raid flexibility we're posting here for recruitment. This means you'll have a raid spot as soon as you're accepted and will rarely be sat (if ever). For those of you who might be familiar with us we like to keep to ourselves mostly. We very rarely post on the forums about anything including recruitment. We still have fun on vent/guild chat though and are a bit crazy, but we try to mostly stay out of trade chat/forums.

High priority needs:

Healers, healers healers- Many of our healers had real life issues and are either gone or away for a few months. We're ok for now since our offspec healers do a great job
but I'd like our dpsers to dps and our healers to heal. Highest priority goes to shaman healers. We're ok on all the other classes, especialy druids but if you're an amazing player
and an amazing guildie then by all means app with us :)

Other needs:

Warlocks:

We used to have an overabundance of them but we're a bit thin at the moment. If you can do great dps, while providing portals and cookies for us... what more can we
ask for? nom nom cookiessss

dps warriors...?

I'm used to a great core of dps warriors but a few are away so maybe a few more rawr rawr smash guys?

Shamans:

We need resto the most but a great dps shaman would be most welcome :P
As you can see, we're pretty much ok on most classes, but we'd just like a few more bodies. Even if you don't fit into any of the classes I specifically posted for come talk to us and we can see what we can work out.

Raiding schedule:
Monday through thursday 5-8pm server. Invites go out at 4:45.
We run some 10 mans and random stuff over the weekends.

What you can expect from us:

We are a serious raiding guild. We don't force people into a backbreaking attendance policy, but at the same time we're by no means casual. We have our raids set and
scheduled and we rarely ever miss them. If you log in on time and ready you're most likely going to raid. We rarely miss raids outside of holidays or the server going insane. As a guild we try to stay low key. We mostly keep to ourselves, and while we do get a little weird/perverted/freaky crazy within ourselves; most of us will try to be respectful to you if you meet us in pugs and you won't see us spamming much on these forums or trade chat. If you meet or have met someone from our guild who dosen't fit into that catagory they've either been dealt with, have left or been removed. We also offer as much fariness as humanly possible. Membership affects the loot given out, but in terms of raids, if you show up on time and a member does not, the member will sit while you raid.
Edited by Downed on 9/27/2011 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No guild is perfect, so we do have our own share of issues. However, I can honestly say
that most of the people in the guild do enjoy playing with each other and go out of thier way to make sure to help the other guildies out. We are usualy in the top 5 alliance side in terms
of progression. Sometimes we do better than that and sometimes we do worse but we're usualy working on the latest content, and we've held steady for going on nearly three
years now. While we have our own set of issues like any other guild, what we can offer you is that our guild is stable, and we've never had a major upheaval. We also
recognize that our whole guild including the officers (and me the gm included) can always do better in terms of organization and other general things so we're always
striving to be better. We don't offer you perfection, but we do care and we do try our best and we do ok for oursevles.

Our expectations of you:

We expect our apps to be just like how we want our members to be. Come to raid on time and come prepared. Prepared means having the right food/flasks/enchants/gear ready.
It also means studying up on the fights ahead of time, and learning about your own class. Its difficult to do perform well in a raid when you're barely able to play your own character. Be courteous and kind to guildies as well as non guildies. You must also have a great attitude, bad attitude and negativity rubs off on the raid and drags
everyone down.

Our progression:

12/12- 25 man Tier 11 content
7/7- Tier 12 content

===============
11/12 Heroic 25 man ICC with drakes

How to app:

If you think you're the right fit for our guild and you are confident in your abilities please contact Tenko, Gudoria, Uncouth, Drakhen, Zavier, Rushi, Ashalar, Shalarin
or me. If you'd like to speak to me directly add me to friends list (Downed) and try to catch me whenever you can. I'm known to afk excessively or miss tells a lot so feel
free to spam me, and please don't be offended if I don't answer.. i just probably didn't see your tell. You make also reach Eldrick if I nor the officers are online. He is the guild recruting wench at the moment ;)

For more information on our guild go to our guild website: http://uthersvigilance.guildlaunch.com/

One last thing, please do not put an application in without talking to the people mentioned above.

Hope to meet some of you guys soon :)
Edited by Downed on 9/27/2011 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It was nice meeting some of you, like I said if you feel like you'd fit just come talk to one of us :)
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
downed and your wall of text makes my eyes bleed.
this is a good group of people, i would suggest apping
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Yeah, that reminds me of the fearfully *huge* amounts of fine print I would often see, and steer clear of them when I was much younger to the online gaming world. However, this is not your ordinary guild. This is a kick-butt guild to get in there, and get stuff done.

Also, I would like to point out , is the hardcore individuals within this guild. They are what I strongly consider, the back-bone to this guild. They have been around WoW for a very long time, and I feel that they definitely know what their doing. They utilized both 'logical-statistics' and 'fun' into all of their raids, which I rather enjoyed because it gave it a more serious feel to it without taking out all of the fun.

They also have great respect and patience for each and everyone as a whole. For it is, of course, the 'whole' that gets the job done after all. I must honestly say, I have had many great moments with these folks, and still consider many of them to be the "greater part" of my better friends that I have met in WoW.

Now, I am not too sure about their scheduling now, but back then they were very willing to listen and hear what I could and could not make. (Like raid times or perhaps being a little late.) I do remember Downed would definitely work with you.

Anyhow.. I had a great time with these folks! THE Best of Times!!
You will definitely make good memories here folks.

(also... How could you turn up that cute little pink-bear tabard?! APP NOW!!) :p
Edited by Quintesence on 3/12/2011 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
If i wasnt in a good guild already i'd like to join you guys in raiding,
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol yes the pink tabard with the bear crying.

Thanks for the group of people who've come to talk to me about apping so far but we'd still like a lot more so please feel free to whisper/mail me :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We're a little better on healers at the moment but we could still use some. And a few more dps would be great, and like I said feel free to contact me and spam me until i respond to you if i seem afk :P
Reply Quote
Nice to see you guys are back in action - even if it involves scrolling through Downed's Wall-o-Text :).

Bump for a great crew of people!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
downed and your wall of text makes my eyes bleed.
this is a good group of people, i would suggest apping

I Agree with this Loser
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hey.... eyebleeding posts are goood for you.

Anyway we've got some apps but we could still use more so feel free to talk to me :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
more apps!...plz
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
bump it like u mean it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
bump?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
BUMP HARDER!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok we've just got a new recruiting liason so to speak. Feel free to contact me or Eldrick if you see him online if you're interested.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
BUmp!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]