Cast on target of focus?

85 Draenei Shaman
Hi, I'm looking for a macro to cast a spell on the target of my focus target.... any ideas? If possible, I'd like to do this without changing my own target. Possible?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
/stopcasting
/cast [target=focus, exists] wind shear; wind shear

what this macro does it wind shears your focus if you have one, and wind shears your target if you do not have a focus.

other useful macros as well:

/cast [harm][target=targettarget] flame shock

this will attack a targeted hostile target or if you have a friendly target selected attack their target, so you don't have to bounce your target around, replace flameshock with everything from other shocks, purge, bolt spells

edit: as for targeting your focuss target
/cast [target=focustarget] spell
Edited by Stormspellz on 3/6/2011 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
Very possible. For example, I use a macro that looks like this:

#showtooltip Spell Lock(Special Ability)
/cast [nomodifier, pet:Felhunter, target=focus, harm] Spell Lock(Special Ability); Spell Lock(Special Ability)

This macro will CS my focus without me having to switch targets at all. You can substitute the spell names with your own

#showtooltip Spell Name
/cast [target=focus, harm] Spell Name; Spell Name
This will use whatever spell you insert on your focus, or if you don't have a focus, it will use it on your current target. (Note, the "harm" part of the macro only uses the spell if your focus is an enemy.)
Edited by Kalfu on 3/6/2011 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
/cast [harm][target=targettarget] flame shock

this will attack a targeted hostile target or if you have a friendly target selected attack their target, so you don't have to bounce your target around, replace flameshock with everything from other shocks, purge, bolt spells

There is an option in the interface menu to do this automatically, I had it on at one point, but it's been awhile.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
03/06/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Boozehammer
There is an option in the interface menu to do this automatically, I had it on at one point, but it's been awhile.

Never seen it are you confusing attack on assist?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
edit - post removed, I didnt read the op properly.
Edited by Unmaime on 3/6/2011 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
03/06/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Stormspellz

Never seen it are you confusing attack on assist?

I remember it very vividly, I use to just keep the tank targeted in heroics and cast my rotation on to him so I was always attacking his target (can't trust pug tanks too much :/). I was pretty sure it was in the interface options, however, I don't see it there anymore. Perhaps they removed it for some unknown reason.

Of course there is always the chance it was some addon option, although I have no clue what addon it would be. My UI has changed multiple times..
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I think people should learn how to read what the OP is asking for before posting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]