(lvl85) What can we solo?

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Blackwing Lair: All possible, prepare to be frustrated getting Razergore down.

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ40):
Princess Huhuran: Possible
Twin Emperors Vek'lor & Vek'nilash: I'm gettin there, worst part is the parryfest from the melee guy. Requires sustaining 31k+ dps. It's slow, it sucks, but it's doable.
C'Thun: : Supposedly if you pull Ouro to C'thun, he will suck you out of the stomach before you die. But I haven't had a chance to test this personally.
Optional bosses
Bug Trio: Yauj, Vem, Kri: Possible, Burn the blue one with CDs asap. I was surprised when I did it. Gear helps ;o
Viscidus: impossible
100 Blood Elf Paladin
gruuls lair- first boss- too much CC & you die

I solo'd this yesterday, and I'm not the first. Prot will probably never be doable until we get into the hundreds of thousands of health/damage, which may be in MoP. I'd imagine holy is doable, but it would just take forever and be a masochistic exercise.

You burst down the warlock, and/or the healer first. We do too much magic damage to attempt to kill the mage (who is by far the highest source of damage) while the healer is up. I focus'd the healer, went in on the lock popping everything, bubbled about 5-7 seconds in (which is when the first DC comes out) and finished him. I used my racial to silence the healer when I saw the cast.

Switched to the healer, and finished him off pretty easily. Used WoG/DP as often as possibly. You can also switch to seal of light if you feel the need for it, which I did after I killed the healer.

After that you can focus Maulgar or the mage. Going for the mage is a little bit more safe as he will constantly spam you for 7-9k greater fireballs which is the problem, and you can't interrupt it. Maulgar hits decently, but nothing you couldn't heal through with just simple WoGs/divine lights. I did have to use LoH as well, and it gets a bit dicey until you do. I was at about 15% HP when I did. You may get knocked back once or twice, which is a good time to bust out a divine light or two. I'm pretty sure I threw my sword/board on too while I whittled away the mage's health, but that's probably not the best move for most since I have souldrinker which heals me.

And Gruul is obviously a tank/spank. Depending on gear you can kill him before the 2nd knockback/stone transformation.
Edited by Bubblenrun on 3/15/2012 1:44 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
I solo'd this yesterday, and I'm not the first. Prot will probably never be doable until we get into the hundreds of thousands of health/damage, which may be in MoP. I'd imagine holy is doable, but it would just take forever and be a masochistic exercise.

So you did this as Ret? Did you use pve or pvp gear? And what buffs/auras did you use?
Edited by Warzmasterz on 3/18/2012 9:39 AM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
gruuls lair- first boss- too much CC & you die

As ret, make sure you have selfless healer, bubble and blow cooldowns to kill the healer. You may wind up needing to blow LoH later on as well, but it's entirely doable.

Oh look, I'm two days late -_-

03/18/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Warzmasterz
So you did this as Ret? Did you use pve or pvp gear?

PvP gear does nothing for you in pve unless you're relying on the extra stam from ilvl.
Edited by Snozberries on 3/18/2012 9:33 AM PDT
85 Draenei Warrior
Once you get by first boss most of BT is doable.

Stay out of Sunwell.

Controlled burst and CC immunity are key for High King.
(Or exploits.)

Generally anything a DK can do a paladin can do.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/18/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Warzmasterz

So you did this as Ret? Did you use pve or pvp gear? And what buffs/auras did you use?

Pretty sure the resist aura doesn't affect the damage of greater fireball (which will be about 50% of the damage you take) so I just went with Devo. And as stated PvP gear does nothing. You also can't weapon swap since HKM disarms you constantly. You literally can't even swap the weapons when disarmed apparently. I must have gotten lucky on my first kill when I did.

You just want to burn all CDs, kill the warlock or healer first (I do warlock. 1 less CC to deal with is better than 50k heals I can interrupt pretty easily, or just flat out ignore). Then kill the other one.

I run in and burn avenging wrath, and GoTAK, and burn the warlock down. I bubble about 5 seconds in, and by then I've taken about 10% of my health, after bubble ends I DP. I just let the healer do a 50k heal and finish the lock after. It's not that big of a deal. After the warlock dies I kill the healer. I make sure to save an interrupt for prayer since it's a little over 100k. After those two die you're going to be low health, and have to survive off WoGs, or even divine lights if you have to. Once forbearance ends you can LoH and you're good to go. A good thing to do is to divine light after you get knocked back, they go pretty far in this fight. After the lock and healer dies you can go for HKM or the mage. The mage is the bulk of your damage. I just kill the mage to be on the safe side since he's pretty easy to kill (HKM, and the shaman guy hit like wet noodles, and you can WoG heal through it).

The fight is slightly RNG though with your CC and knockbacks. The biggest issue is getting through the lock and healer with decent health. Once you do you're pretty much good to go. You'll get sheeped occasionally, but it breaks pretty quick, and is nothing more than a slight inconvenience.
Edited by Bubblenrun on 3/22/2012 8:26 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Death Knight
MC soloable
BWL all solo except 1st boss
TK soloable
OX Soloable
BT 7/9 bosses soloable
MH soloable
Kaz soloable but I'm still having problems with chess boss lol
SSC all solo except final boss
GL soloable
92 Human Paladin
04/14/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Prolich
How do you guys solo Warlord Kalithresh?

Not sure if serious...
85 Human Rogue
You can actually do a small trick with the Kael'thas encounter. Aggro him and then run out of the room before the doors lock (very easy to do) and the mini bosses and Kael will follow you pretty much anywhere in the raid, this means you could kill one in Void Reavers room, one in Al'ar's room etc.
90 Undead Warlock
I've come to the conclusion that as a Warlock, Gruuls lair is impossible to solo because of the first boss. Even after nuking down the healer, they seem to make quick work of my infernal and felhunter/void walker.

Maybe I should try Demonology.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/14/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Magniir
It's possible, it's just incredibly luck-based.

It's all dependent on gear. I was struggling back when I had some DS gear, and dungeon gear, and I don't need it anymore, but I'm pretty sure I could do it 9/10 times now if I went back. I have the detailed explanation a few posts up. Regardless after MoP this will be easily soloable since our health pool is going to be at least 300k by then, and our damage will be stupid high.

The rest of all 70 stuff will then be soloable as well. The first boss in BT is almost soloable, and the rest of BT may be soloable with the exception of reliquary (possibly able to solo eventually). I tried the first boss yesterday and got him to 500k, although I am fairly well geared. With better RNG I may be able to get him down every now and then, but come MoP he will easily be able to be taken down.

I've come to the conclusion that as a Warlock, Gruuls lair is impossible to solo because of the first boss. Even after nuking down the healer, they seem to make quick work of my infernal and felhunter/void walker.

Maybe I should try Demonology.

Hi, this is a thread in the paladin forum. Since I'm a holy defender of righteousness and other crap like that I feel like I should point out that I should vanquish you if you continue to spew your demonic bad stuff over our threads as if you were conversing with other warlocks. Heathens be damned!
90 Undead Rogue
MC can be soloed, but you have to watch out for Baron and Rag, both can throw you into the air to death. Just make sure you fall into lava, it hits for something small like 300, not 80,000 like a fall.
90 Human Paladin
Im pretty sure LK is soloable with engineering
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/22/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Thilamon
I've made it to the trash past Karh Steelbender on normal BRC.

Normal BRC can be soloed as prot. As well as the first few Cata instances, in their entirety.

I managed to solo first boss in Heroic Tol'vir, but it was like a 45m fight. Got bored and left right after. Could prolly do the croc boss too. The trash is harder than anything, I think I died like 6 times just trying to clear 2 packs.

Twin Emps down solo. Not a big deal at this point in the game I guess, but still felt like an accomplishment to me ;o Took me a few deaths to realize that you have to keep Seal of Truth up, or you won't get anywhere. I was using Insight like a derp.

I haven't seriously attempted KHM yet, but it looks like that's next on my list.

BWL all solo except 1st boss

Nope, Razorgore can be done solo. Search Youtube for a visual.
Edited by Vlada on 4/28/2012 2:25 AM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
03/18/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Kuju
Generally anything a DK can do a paladin can do.

So then, can a Pally solo the LK?
90 Human Paladin
03/06/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Unkillerbull
Blackwing Lair: The first boss is un-solo-able due to fight mechanics

i solo BWL weekly. razorgore can be solo'd, even as a pally, if you're an engineer. ebonroc is one boss i cannot beat by myself, so i usually skip him and keep going.
Edited by Kraniel on 4/28/2012 6:45 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]