Rare drops to farm for?

85 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm wondering if there are any rare drops that are easy to farm for. I'm not saying easy to get but just maybe require a bit of time. I actually enjoy farming for things with low drop rates but I usually play solo so if you know of anything a rogue can solo farm for please let me know.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'm farming MC for reputation and legendaries. I got Eye of Sulfuras two weeks ago and Bindings of the Windseeker this week, so I just need Bindings of the Windseeker now I think. If you skip trash a clear only takes about 30-40 minutes, although if you're going for reputation below revered you really shouldn't (trash stops giving reputation at revered, after that you're limited to what the bosses give).

You can also farm for the mounts in Sethekk Halls (Reins of the Raven Lord, 1.7% chance) and Utgarde Pinnacle (Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake, 1% chance). I farmed Magister's Terrace for Orb of the Sin'dorei, but you're already a Blood Elf. You could do it for the Phoenix Hatchling (pretty common) or the Swift White Hawkstrider (4% chance), though. Anyway, those are what came to mind.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
Vis
Rivendare's Deathcharger - last boss undead side of stratholme
White Hawkstrider - last boss heroic magister's terrace
Phoenix Hatchling - last boss heroic magister's terrace
Blue Proto-drake - third boss heroic utgarde pinnacle (you can skip first two bosses, you will need a combat or mutilate soloing spec and some gear to solo him)

Those are the ones I commonly farm for (or have acquired).

Outside of instances there are lots of pets you can farm for. Whelplings, disgusting oozeling, raptor pets, just to name a few.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Edit: reading the posts above mine I see they're geared towards farming older content for rare mounts/pets etc so my post might off topic, but I'll keep it in just in case its of interest!

Pickpocketing lockboxes is one option for getting some epic BoEs. There are nice iLvl 359 weps that drop (http://www.wowhead.com/item=68161 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=68163) and a thrown (http://www.wowhead.com/item=68162). However, drop rates are so low that it is really only worth it if you're either very determined or very bored.

The most rewarding farming experience I've had so far is trash clears in BoT. There are plenty of nice rogue-friendly BoE epics. Our guild has been fairly lucky at this and we're averaging just under 1 BoE per clear I would guess (probably about a 0.7 drop rate per clear). I was lucky and got this in our last run: http://www.wowhead.com/item=60202/tsangas-helm

Archeology doesn't offer much for rogues specifically, but the mounts are cool and many of the BoA drops are nice if you have alts (especially clothies).

Random world drops are a possibility too although I guess you can't really farm for them specifically, unless you just go around killing/looting everything you see.
Edited by Elchampion on 3/5/2011 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/05/2011 4:00 PMPosted by Elchampion
Random world drops are a possibility too although I guess you can't really farm for them specifically, unless you just go around killing/looting everything you see.
There are groups of troggs in Deepholm around Needlerock Slag that are ideal for this. Not that it doesn't still take you a ridiculously long time to get anything good if you ever do at all, but just mentioning that's a good place. I spent a few hours there when the new metas came out before I decided to just cough up the gold for them, but I did get an uncommon JC BoE while I was there.
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Mage
Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
You could Also Try for Time Lost Proto Drake, found in storm peaks fly around and has a 6 hour spawn time if you kill The other rare dragon in the area
Reply Quote
Should try not to necro threads 9 months old.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/22/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Dozér
Should try not to necro threads 9 months old.

this does let me ask the question though, Verelyse, you get the other binding yet?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Yup, finished Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker three weeks before I hit exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords. I actually got an extra binding gathering dust in my bank, but most weeks I did MC with friends who also took bindings. We had both drop in one clear once, part of a three-week run where we had at binding drops every week. Hell... trying to think... bet we got enough bindings for 4-5 swords.

Was a little bit stunning, although my one friend still hasn't gotten the Eye of Sulfuras yet.

PS: Randomly took a level 60 with me one week when my friends weren't around, completely new player who'd just hit 60. He got the binding off Garr since I already had it; had to explain what it was, lol.
Edited by Verelyse on 12/22/2011 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
lol, ive got everything for mine except the binding of baron.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
That's spread across multiple characters though, since we didn't want to overlap whoever we wanted our various legendaries on. At the high point I think we were running MC three times a week between our mains and alts. So we had a higher aggregate chance of seeing more bindings.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
12/22/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Frostmager
You could Also Try for Time Lost Proto Drake, found in storm peaks fly around and has a 6 hour spawn time if you kill The other rare dragon in the area

This is incorrect, Time Lost can now spawn at random at any given time when another northrend Rare is killed, and killing Vyragosa has nothing to do with making Time Lost spawn other than counting as a Northrend Rare being killed. Also flying around is the worst way to try to get him, while you can luck out...it's better to camp one of the four spawn points.

Sidenote, I got Time Lost this morning at 4:55AM Server time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]