Break the HHTD mod already.

85 Human Priest
03/07/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Zoozu
Healers are important. Do you want to be unimportant? Play a rogue.

Healers are important and people should take out the healers of course.

But FFS. People need to learn to identify the healers themselves. Not just rely on addons to remove all guess work out of pvp'ing.

The difference is "Kill the Healers!" vs. /look for the icon and kill that.

If that doesn't sound like much, then you don't play a healer who has been repeatedly obliterated because of this addon.
100 Draenei Shaman
It doesn't use raid icons, and only visible to other players with the mod
Look at the SS from wowace, where it's hosted

http://static.wowace.com/content/images/26/790/WoWScrnShot_102610_043338.jpg
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks for the tip, I'll download it right now.

Add-ons, doing what competent players should have been doing since 2004.

In this case, it's incompetent players. Seems they're too lame to see the healers themselves, and have to have some automated function to show it for them.

Cheaters cheat. If we are not able to put markers over enemy players, this add-on is circumventing game mechanics to do something that is not intended. It needs to be broken.

From what I'm guessing, it's not using the Raid Markers but it's own marker. However, it def needs to be looked at. If current game design for marking units is disabled for enemy players, then any addon that puts any kind of marker should be banned.
85 Tauren Shaman
Seems like a good idea. I'll make ya a deal: I'll remove it from my interface folder when PvP is balanced.
85 Draenei Shaman
03/07/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Kyris
If that doesn't sound like much, then you don't play a healer who has been repeatedly obliterated because of this addon.

How do you know its becaus eof the addon?
i dont have it and when i(rarely) do BGs i manage to lock in on healers just fine

Yup- mouse over Pally

Click- if over 60k mana= healer

Kill
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/07/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Ziryus
Doesn't that also kinda break the whole 'can't place marks on players' thing?

No blizzard has in the past broken scripted actions without affecting players who use them manually, think original decursive.
The point I was getting at was that if the addon can mark enemy players, but you can't manually do so, does it not break some form of rule of here? Even if only other people who have the addon can see the mark, the fact of the matter is that it's marking enemy players when people without this addon have no ability to do so.

I should have clarified better.
100 Night Elf Druid
03/07/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Snowfox
I stopped pvping for the most part for other reasons than that though... but even back in TM healers knew that the second you cast a heal, you were as good as dead.

Please for the love of god come teach the alliance in my battle group this simple lesson.
100 Draenei Paladin
I agree, this is an unfair addon.
85 Goblin Mage
03/07/2011 12:09 PMPosted by Thunderclaps
WOW that really does suck. Break this Blizz please it's really stupid and unfair.

i do have to agree this is a stupid addon
85 Blood Elf Warlock
03/07/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Kyris

How do you know its becaus eof the addon?
i dont have it and when i(rarely) do BGs i manage to lock in on healers just fine

Which is easier to spot, a players name or an icon over their head?

In a group of say, 20 people, you think you can find the person casting a spell easier by random targeting and looking for casts or if an icon is over their head?
90 Night Elf Hunter
Its not gamebreaking in any way, you can spot a healer without it just as easy, put class colors on nameplates and there you go, just find which of those is the healer, also you can notice the healing effects, usually green stuff for druids or penance/a priest not in shadow form.

Also, this is a large misconception between healers, that they should be able to keep themselves alive alone against 2, 3, 5 enemies. They should work as a team, and it's the DPS job to look after their healers, to save them, to keep them from dying. In addition to HHTD, an add-on, My Healbot is dying should be implemented, so that DPS can save them with any kind of CC, slow or interrupt. That's teamwork.

Also, HHTD shows who is healing your side, so its easier to save your own healers too. While not wasting time looking for them. I started using HHTD just a while ago, and it just makes me find their healer faster, as I could do it myself already.
100 Draenei Shaman
Wait, people heal in BGs? Someone teach my battlegroup this!
85 Tauren Druid
03/07/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Maybeth
Well, it makes my job more interesting- regularly kite around 3 people around as resto and somehow live through it.

"I'm healin'. You hatin'..."

*in vent* "Ok, guys, I have a bunch of their attention...kill them!"

Kysh, making a spectacle of her healing in BGs since god knows when...

85 Worgen Hunter

In this case, it's incompetent players. Seems they're too lame to see the healers themselves, and have to have some automated function to show it for them.

Cheaters cheat. If we are not able to put markers over enemy players, this add-on is circumventing game mechanics to do something that is not intended. It needs to be broken.

From what I'm guessing, it's not using the Raid Markers but it's own marker. However, it def needs to be looked at. If current game design for marking units is disabled for enemy players, then any addon that puts any kind of marker should be banned.

The difference: The Raid markers are visible to any player in your raid. The HHTD icon isn't. It's only visible to you. Sorta like the infinite human thing for Worgen.

And mine does use the Skull.
90 Troll Shaman
I think this thread has caused more harm than good, lol.
100 Draenei Shaman

Yup- mouse over Pally

Click- if over 60k mana= healer

Kill

Not even that...see a group of people in the middle of the BG? look around, just do aa quick scan with your eyes..

okay, that guys got two 2H weapons, hes a warrior.
that guy meleeing with daggers has to be a rogue..
only a hunter would use a bow as a weapon
oh hey, that guy in the back is casting green spells- mouse over, yup hes a druid not in moonkin form casting. kill him!

that takes all of 5 seconds to figure out.

And in that 5 seconds, you've been ambushed by a rogue and killed by a frost mage.
85 Tauren Druid
Hey guys look, there's a healer!

On a more serious note, I wasn't even aware this addon existed.

It's not really that hard to pick us out if you know what you're looking for. I've been getting dogpiled since AV came out, probably long before any such addon was around.

It's normal. You don't kill the shiny, glowing dude up front. You kill the one in the dress first.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]