Break the HHTD mod already.

100 Blood Elf Warlock
03/07/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Sphagnum
Name of addon please? I need to see what this is about lol that sounds ridiculous.

You do realize it's in the SUBJECT and the very first post, right?

85 Draenei Hunter
I stopped pvping for other reasons than that though... but even back in TM healers knew that the second you cast a heal, you were as good as dead.

Still true to this day. I heal in BG's, and enjoy it very much, but I am always a priority target.

I wasn't aware of an add-on like this, but it would certainly explain some player behaviors I have seen. I certainly don't like the idea of a program of this nature being around.
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/07/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Sphagnum
Name of addon please? I need to see what this is about lol that sounds ridiculous.

The name is healers have to die
Its not gamebreaking in any way, you can spot a healer without it just as easy, put class colors on nameplates and there you go, just find which of those is the healer, also you can notice the healing effects, usually green stuff for druids or penance/a priest not in shadow form.

Also, this is a large misconception between healers, that they should be able to keep themselves alive alone against 2, 3, 5 enemies. They should work as a team, and it's the DPS job to look after their healers, to save them, to keep them from dying. In addition to HHTD, an add-on, My Healbot is dying should be implemented, so that DPS can save them with any kind of CC, slow or interrupt. That's teamwork.

Also, HHTD shows who is healing your side, so its easier to save your own healers too. While not wasting time looking for them. I started using HHTD just a while ago, and it just makes me find their healer faster, as I could do it myself already.

Total BS. It puts a HUGE RED CROSS over the player! How is that NOT easier to spot a healer then? As more people download this, healers in BG's will get nothing but absolutely steamrolled AT ALL TIMES and there will be no point to even trying to heal.
100 Draenei Paladin
I don't use this addon, and even if the healer uses a potion to make them smaller I still see them and try to kill them.

I agree this is cheating, find the healer yourself instead of using some other source and have it tell you "hurrdurr this is a healer kill eet".
85 Worgen Hunter
Hey guys look, there's a healer!

On a more serious note, I wasn't even aware this addon existed.

It's not really that hard to pick us out if you know what you're looking for. I've been getting dogpiled since AV came out, probably long before any such addon was around.

It's normal. You don't kill the shiny, glowing dude up front. You kill the one in the dress first.

GO FOR THE ONE IN THE DRESS!
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Total BS. It puts a HUGE RED CROSS over the player! How is that NOT easier to spot a healer then? As more people download this, healers in BG's will get nothing but absolutely steamrolled AT ALL TIMES and there will be no point to even trying to heal.

I haven't used the mod, but people in this thread seem to be saying it doesn't display it for the whole raid.

However we know mods *can* mark targets for the whole raid. So I can't see why the addon couldn't be extended to do healer marking that everyone could see.
Edited by Snowfox on 3/7/2011 12:31 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/07/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Orissa
I don't use that addon, however I do use tidy plates name plates. They color via class type so when I see a white, orange, pink or blue name plate, I'm on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

This is not an option only available on tidyplates, WoW interface can also show class colors.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Its not gamebreaking in any way, you can spot a healer without it just as easy, put class colors on nameplates and there you go, just find which of those is the healer, also you can notice the healing effects, usually green stuff for druids or penance/a priest not in shadow form.

Also, this is a large misconception between healers, that they should be able to keep themselves alive alone against 2, 3, 5 enemies. They should work as a team, and it's the DPS job to look after their healers, to save them, to keep them from dying. In addition to HHTD, an add-on, My Healbot is dying should be implemented, so that DPS can save them with any kind of CC, slow or interrupt. That's teamwork.

Also, HHTD shows who is healing your side, so its easier to save your own healers too. While not wasting time looking for them. I started using HHTD just a while ago, and it just makes me find their healer faster, as I could do it myself already.

Lol where I said its not easier? Yes, you can spot them faster (as I said on the last line), but you can still spot them very fast without it. Either by nameplates color, by healing effects or by clicking and looking at mana.
85 Blood Elf Warlock

From what I'm guessing, it's not using the Raid Markers but it's own marker. However, it def needs to be looked at. If current game design for marking units is disabled for enemy players, then any addon that puts any kind of marker should be banned.

The difference: The Raid markers are visible to any player in your raid. The HHTD icon isn't. It's only visible to you. Sorta like the infinite human thing for Worgen.

And mine does use the Skull.

It's available to anyone with the addon. The addon is marking the healer, not you nor your teammate.

I think that is enough for Blizzard to ban it in my opinion. Because you aren't the one doing the marking and an addon is.

85 Worgen Hunter

It also puts a HUGE RED CROSS (or in my case, the Skull) over EVERY PALADIN EVER (Hello, Word of Glory), and the bear/cat who self healed after a fight. It also marks Hunters who cast Mend Pet.
85 Tauren Druid
If it's the marking of enemy players that is causing the problem, then sure fix that. Then there will just be an addon that announces the name of the healer which will only give you MAYBE another split second to survive.
Healers will always be the primary kill target for me and you will always be marked with a skull as far as i'm concerned.
85 Worgen Hunter

I haven't used the mod, but people in this thread seem to be saying it doesn't display it for the whole raid.

However we know mods *can* mark targets for the whole raid. So I can't see why the addon couldn't be extended to do healer marking that everyone could see.

It follows the rules, you can't actually mark enemy players with raid makers that everyone can see. It's just those who have the addon due to this restriction.
85 Tauren Druid

There was a time when healers didn't get steamrolled?

Ok. Let me rephrase that...there was a time when good players didn't steamroll the healers first? I can totally buy that mid to low range pvp players get lost in the fight and just attack whatever. But any team bent on winning is going to go out of their way to hammer at anyone keeping the opposing team alive.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]