Break the HHTD mod already.

85 Draenei Shaman
It's an annoying addon for sure. But what's more annoying is trying to heal a battleground, getting attacked by five mobs, zero help from your team, dying and then the battleground group complaining they have no healers.
85 Worgen Hunter

The difference: The Raid markers are visible to any player in your raid. The HHTD icon isn't. It's only visible to you. Sorta like the infinite human thing for Worgen.

And mine does use the Skull.

It's available to anyone with the addon. The addon is marking the healer, not you nor your teammate.

I think that is enough for Blizzard to ban it in my opinion. Because you aren't the one doing the marking and an addon is.

DBM puts a mark over people who have the bomb in the LDW trash.
BAN DEADLY BOSS MODS PLZ.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/07/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Snarebusta
This is awesome. I'm downloading this mod now. Going to go smash some healers after this.

My WoG brings all the boys to the yard! Seriously, is this adon why I end up tanking so many Alli that are terrible at PvP?

Edit:
Sounds like Healers Have To Die needs to be updated and fixed. I don't want it marking prot paladins or bears or hunters.

Aww =(
Edited by Mauras on 3/7/2011 12:39 PM PST
100 Human Mage
The concept of the addon seems a bit backwards to me. By downloading the addon, you already know that healers should be focused down in BGs which makes you better than 75% of the players I've seen in most battles. It's not hard to turn on spell plates from there and look for the guy with the glowy hands.
90 Night Elf Hunter

It also puts a HUGE RED CROSS (or in my case, the Skull) over EVERY PALADIN EVER (Hello, Word of Glory), and the bear/cat who self healed after a fight. It also marks Hunters who cast Mend Pet.

You can disable this, it have a default of anyone that heals above 5k is marked as healer, but it can also only spot healer specs, or like, only 20k healing and up.

So what if I have a macro that says "kill this healer! {skull} %target" ? Will you ban that too because people will find the healer? Its just another way to find it, that people should already be doing themselves, its not the culprit for people going for the healer, its common sense, anyone with a brain should be trying to spot their healer first of all.
85 Blood Elf Warlock

It's available to anyone with the addon. The addon is marking the healer, not you nor your teammate.

I think that is enough for Blizzard to ban it in my opinion. Because you aren't the one doing the marking and an addon is.

You are allowed to put raid markers on friendly units and NPCs. You can't put raid markers on enemy players. DBM is not the same because it is allowing for the placement of markers within the game's rules.
82 Blood Elf Priest

It uses the raid markers in game that are already available and someone can put a raid mark on their own raid members.

HHTD circumvents the fact that you wouldn't be able to mark an enemy healer in PvP normally, and instead puts a mark itself there.
It follows the rules, you can't actually mark enemy players with raid makers that everyone can see. It's just those who have the addon due to this restriction.

It's still circumventing a game mechanic by putting any kind of mark.

Break it.
90 Worgen Priest
Huh.

I always wondered how I got focused on so fast in mass battles in AV where you can barely make out whats going on. I thought I was just bad. (Well, that still may be the case.)

Now I don't feel as crazy though.
85 Troll Hunter
It's not like breaking it would change anything, it's pretty obvious when you are running around not attacking anyone with glowy yellow or green hands.
85 Gnome Mage
[I haven't used the mod, but people in this thread seem to be saying it doesn't display it for the whole raid.

However we know mods *can* mark targets for the whole raid. So I can't see why the addon couldn't be extended to do healer marking that everyone could see.

I'm of the impression that marking enemy players with a raid icon is not possible (as it would allow you to see them through objects, walls, and potentially while stealthed*). Whether this addon's icons function similarly, I'm not sure, but if raid icons on enemy players are disabled by the Blizzard UI, such functionality would not be available for addons. The fact that this addon circumvents that is probably its biggest chance of being "broken" as they say.

Really, though. If you need an addon to tell you which is the healer, you're godd*mn terrible and shouldn't be PvPing in the first place.

Before people jump in with the "nameplates show through objects and walls" - yes, I know. However raidicons work at 100 yards range and more, whereas nameplates only function within a much closer radius.

*Not sure if it'd work through stealth. I am, however, fairly certain that the icon would work if they were in stealth but visible by a friendly player in your raid.
85 Worgen Hunter
03/07/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Tikky
It follows the rules, you can't actually mark enemy players with raid makers that everyone can see. It's just those who have the addon due to this restriction.

It's still circumventing a game mechanic by putting any kind of mark.

Break it.

/cast Hunter's Mark
Specifically,
Create macro.
/cast Hunter's Mark
/bg %t is a healer! Find it by the big red arrow! Kill it dead!
Edited by Einderan on 3/7/2011 12:43 PM PST
35 Troll Priest
If you want to kill my resto shaman in a BG, you'd better bring a sack lunch. I run with 3-4 of my guildies, all of whom salivate at the idea of someone not paying attention to them.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
You are allowed to put raid markers on friendly units and NPCs. You can't put raid markers on enemy players. DBM is not the same because it is allowing for the placement of markers within the game's rules

Ah that makes sense. I actually didn't know the specifics of the addon mechanics there.

Thank you for clarifying.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]