Break the HHTD mod already.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, this sort of addon needs to be squashed and fast.

I have no problems with healers getting targeted first and focus-fired...as long as a PLAYER is figuring it out and communicating it to the rest. That's skill, and should be rewarded. Having an add-on that does it for you is pretty game-breaking.

Oh, and some people have pointed out that it marks people for ANY heals. Well, I'm sure that not far off will be improvements that ignore certain heals or only mark for certain ones, or looks for combinations of class and mana pools to see who is actually a healer or not.
90 Night Elf Hunter

DBM puts a mark over people who have the bomb in the LDW trash.
BAN DEADLY BOSS MODS PLZ.

It uses the raid markers in game that are already available and someone can put a raid mark on their own raid members.

HHTD circumvents the fact that you wouldn't be able to mark an enemy healer in PvP normally, and instead puts a mark itself there.

It only shows the mark for yourself, not for your entire team, it doesn't work like a raid mark.
85 Undead Death Knight
Got killed in TB, going to the forums.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
you can target me but can you rly kill me not likely >:D
90 Human Paladin
Ya'll wanna jack up MY healers with some BS cheap mod...bring it suckas! yeah, as one pally said, I'll just frickin' LOH and let's dance! Cheap is cheap and broke is broke. Some fools just don't know how to do what they gotta do and cheat to win.
85 Draenei Priest
Its not gamebreaking in any way, you can spot a healer without it just as easy, put class colors on nameplates and there you go, just find which of those is the healer, also you can notice the healing effects, usually green stuff for druids or penance/a priest not in shadow form.

Also, this is a large misconception between healers, that they should be able to keep themselves alive alone against 2, 3, 5 enemies. They should work as a team, and it's the DPS job to look after their healers, to save them, to keep them from dying. In addition to HHTD, an add-on, My Healbot is dying should be implemented, so that DPS can save them with any kind of CC, slow or interrupt. That's teamwork.

Also, HHTD shows who is healing your side, so its easier to save your own healers too. While not wasting time looking for them. I started using HHTD just a while ago, and it just makes me find their healer faster, as I could do it myself already.

^ this.

This is my main, and healing is what I love the most. And tell ya, the add-on isn't the issue. As a long time alliance player in PvP I alwas noted that even back in the days horde players (usually more skilled) would always come for me as soon I lay a heal, sometimes they would even pass by the front lines and chase me. It have always been like this and will continue EVEN if blizzard ban this add-on, cause the only thing the add-on does is make your reaction faster, but skilled player will still continue to hunt down healers as soon as they enter in the battlefield.

Another misconception that happened in cataclysm is that most healers got used to Nuke heals in LK, so with good gear, you could easily stand in a single position like a turret and overheal all the incoming damage using CDs. In cataclysm this is not the case anymore. Most of the classes got some kind of silence, interrupt and CC to annoy healers. But also, with the size of health pool, bursts have become less of a problem, so you don't need to keep healing someone all the time. You have more time to not cast, you have time to run and use your instant while you run. If someone go after you, don't try to outheal the damage, you probably gonna get interrupt/silenced. You need to run, use instants, LoS and most important of all, trust your team mates to save you. Running will keep you alive long enough for them to do it. yes, is hard to find such skilled people to save you in pugs, but with time, players will get used to that. In meanwhile I suggest to always bring a friend with you, and keep together.

I use this add-on with my DPS alt, and always go for healer, but healers that have good mates usually get me. Healing can be very frustrating in PvP, I sometimes go nerdrage, you know keyboard smashing by cheer of stupidty from other players, but that's PvP, get used to it. I suggest using this add-on too.
Edited by Draghinazza on 3/7/2011 12:48 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage
03/07/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Mauras
Seriously, is this adon why I end up tanking so many Alli that are terrible at PvP?

No. That'd be because you're a blood elf. I get the same thing, as a gnome.
85 Gnome Mage
03/07/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Einderan

It's still circumventing a game mechanic by putting any kind of mark.

Break it.

/cast Hunter's Mark
Specifically,
Create macro.
/cast Hunter's Mark
/bg %t is a healer! Find it by the big red arrow! Kill it dead!

Hunter's Mark is dispellable, is it not? And requires that at least one member of the raid has identified the healer, no?

Not equivalent.

Retry? (Y/N)
85 Tauren Paladin
HHTD ( Healers Have To Die )

This add-on and any others like it needs to be permamently broken and any other mods / add-on's out there that operate in a similiar fashion.

How can I, as a Hearler, contribute anything in any aspect of PvP when I have 10 horde targeting me the instant I cast a heal? And I'm not talking about people paying attention and looking for the 'armor skin'...

I'm talking about being virtually invisible in the chaos of a massive battle, like in Tol Barad, until I throw a heal, then its like I'm instantly dead because 10+ Horde all stopped what they were doing to come kill me.

Yes, it is the Addon.

Puts a Icon over the head of the enemy healer as soon as they cast a healing spell.

This isn't a player doing it. This is an Addon doing it.

Unfair advantage.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY unfair.

1. i dont use a mod that "marks healers" and i have no difficulty picking them out.

2. Last i heard its impossible to mark opposing players with raid icons.

3. maybe the teams you are facing just have good communication.
Edited by Twistedelmo on 3/7/2011 12:49 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/07/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Tuky
It's not like breaking it would change anything, it's pretty obvious when you are running around not attacking anyone with glowy yellow or green hands.

In the chaos of a larger fight it can be hard to spot healers. With this addon everyone in range will be able to spot it easily and react.

It gives the kind of awareness and coordination that only the very best rated BG groups would have to anyone who can install an addon. It's game-breaking.
85 Troll Hunter
03/07/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Cowpers
hunters
Hunters have healing spells? I was not aware of this.

inb4 chimera shot, I'm sure the addon author thought of stuff like that
85 Gnome Mage
03/07/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Yechnagoth
It only shows the mark for yourself, not for your entire team, it doesn't work like a raid mark.

Yourself and anyone else using the addon, I believe. If your whole team (or even a half dozen of you) are using the addon, that's substantially less player-involved strategy and more an addon doing the work for you.

If it's so unimportant and offers so little of an edge, what's the harm in breaking it?
82 Blood Elf Priest

It uses the raid markers in game that are already available and someone can put a raid mark on their own raid members.

HHTD circumvents the fact that you wouldn't be able to mark an enemy healer in PvP normally, and instead puts a mark itself there.

And what happens when the entire team has the Addon because of the advantage?
90 Human Death Knight
You could totally game this as a prot paladin, effectively making holy light/divine light PvP aoe taunts against people who are stupid.
85 Blood Elf Warlock

It shows it for anyone using the addon.

Once again,

The addon does not add a raid icon.

It adds a big red cross over the player when they are in nameplate range. It's basically just a broken version of colored nameplates bc it will mark ANYONE who casts a heal as a healer. So if anything it's helping your survival by making people waste their time on prot paladins, feral druids, hunters, etc.

That is not true. The addon only marks if the heal is performed on someone other than that person. The creator of the addon is also looking at putting a filter in future versions that will ignore the small heals of a ret pally, feral druid and enhance shaman.
85 Troll Hunter
03/07/2011 12:48 PMPosted by Leslii

Yourself and anyone else using the addon, I believe. If your whole team (or even a half dozen of you) are using the addon, that's substantially less player-involved strategy and more an addon doing the work for you.

If it's so unimportant and offers so little of an edge, what's the harm in breaking it?
So it should be broken because it tells you something is happening (a healer healing)?
Does this mean dbm should be broken because it tells you "boss used this ability!" or "this mob is out, kill it!"?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]