Break the HHTD mod already.

90 Dwarf Warrior
Now I'm all for killing those squishy healers and if I see some healing animation from someone or a paladin with more than 34k mana thats as good as signing their own death warrant. Healers have always been the most important people to kill but having an addon detect/mark a healer for anyone with the addon is insanely unfair. I can only imagine how painful it must be to rez jump into a battle in AV just to be destroyed again the second you cast anything.
85 Draenei Shaman
Protect your healers and we will protect you, no mod needed.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I use HHTD.
I know, you hate me.

I usually only go after clothies anyway. The ONLY way I'm fighting someone with heavy armour is if I have a healer on me.

HHTD just helps me avoid Spriests.
03/07/2011 1:09 PMPosted by Dreamcypher
People keep saying "It's not hard to spot healers anyways". No, it's not as easy as you say. In a group of 10-20 players a good healer will run around kiting, keeping himself as under the radar as possible to avoid getting focused.

Nameplates with cast bars.

See someone casting? Look at the bar to see what spell is being cast.

Yes it takes more attention but it's doable.

Absolutely. Let's keep it that way. No need for the giant red X on our heads.
85 Draenei Priest
Nice argument. What you are leaving out is that, as anyone that plays a healer in BGs can tell you, we are getting focused on way more than we used to. In other words, this addon changes the dynamics of the fight in that players that used to be unable to recognize who they healers were and focus on them, now get an easy mark so that even the stupid ones can figure it out. "ZOMG attacked the marked ones" isn't skill.

Even if unskilled players attack the healer, if they are unskilled, they probably can't kill it anyway. I can survive 3 stupid blood elfs Unholy DKs without dying (fact, it happened, and they weren't undeargeared, I could spot some seasons sets in them), however it only take a good geared and skilled one to kill me. Easily if I got no help. This add-on in mass spreading would turn healing to be more difficult, for both sides. But as healers dying becoming a problem in the community is natural that they develop something against it, healer will cry about lack of protection and decent players will perceive this and start to protect the healers. I usually die a lot in pugs, but when with friends, this hardly happens. You don't even need an add-on or macro to spot a healer in BGs. Sometimes I just look at the BGs table see if there is any horde top healing and tell my friends about, than they starting chasing as soon as he appears. It is by no means the same thing as the add-on, but it's as effective (I tell in BG chat too). The add-on just makes it faster. But if you're a really good healer, there will be a point in the fight the other team will get pissed with you and always come after you first. Always happened to me, I play since TBC.
Edited by Draghinazza on 3/7/2011 1:25 PM PST
90 Worgen Rogue
eZs
HHTD ( Healers Have To Die )

This add-on and any others like it needs to be permamently broken and any other mods / add-on's out there that operate in a similiar fashion.

How can I, as a Hearler, contribute anything in any aspect of PvP when I have 10 horde targeting me the instant I cast a heal? And I'm not talking about people paying attention and looking for the 'armor skin'...

I'm talking about being virtually invisible in the chaos of a massive battle, like in Tol Barad, until I throw a heal, then its like I'm instantly dead because 10+ Horde all stopped what they were doing to come kill me.

Wow~
I had no idea one of these existed. I fully agree that this mod's functionality needs to be broken.

Yes, it is the Addon.

Puts a Icon over the head of the enemy healer as soon as they cast a healing spell.

This isn't a player doing it. This is an Addon doing it.

Unfair advantage.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY unfair.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Does Death Strike count as a heal? But yeah, there were several cases in the last BG I did where the horde would just drop everything, let themselves be beaten to a pulp, just because they were chasing my druid.

<3 Disentanglement
85 Tauren Druid
03/07/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Yarrthas
You could totally game this as a prot paladin, effectively making holy light/divine light PvP aoe taunts against people who are stupid.

Or you could game it as a resto druid by healing, then going bear/cat and looking like a feral that healed themselves. there's lots of ways to trick something like this.

100 Tauren Druid
Heh I need no addon to find and target healers. It's an instinctive reaction.

I see a healer.. I go kill it.

Must've annoyed a good few in bgs. Although when healers run in packs.. then it gets strange...
71 Human Mage
HHTD ( Healers Have To Die )

This add-on and any others like it needs to be permamently broken and any other mods / add-on's out there that operate in a similiar fashion.

How can I, as a Hearler, contribute anything in any aspect of PvP when I have 10 horde targeting me the instant I cast a heal? And I'm not talking about people paying attention and looking for the 'armor skin'...

I'm talking about being virtually invisible in the chaos of a massive battle, like in Tol Barad, until I throw a heal, then its like I'm instantly dead because 10+ Horde all stopped what they were doing to come kill me.

Yes, it is the Addon.

Puts a Icon over the head of the enemy healer as soon as they cast a healing spell.

This isn't a player doing it. This is an Addon doing it.

Unfair advantage.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY unfair.

I agree this should be banned. Sounds like a cheat anyway.
85 Gnome Mage
It doesn't circumvent anything, just adds an element to the nameplates. If a target is out of range for nameplates, you have no idea if they are a healer, whereas raid markers stay for as long as you can see them.

It is no different than changing the color of the nameplate, just more noticable.

Ultimately it will come down to whether Blizzard decides to implement a similar functionality for their own nameplates (like having a green and white cross appear on healers' nameplates) or break the addon. It cannot be argued that it isn't a huge advantage in PvP, particularly for less-skilled PvPers or against more-skilled healers (as Thunderclaps mentioned). Whether Blizzard decides to allow this sort of thing and thus enables it as an option without needing an addon, or decides to disallow it and thus breaks HHTD, currently it presents an unfair advantage in PvP.

This doesn't equate it to DBM, by the way. The two addons are so incredibly different that anyone trying to justify HHTD's functionality by comparison to DBM is just wrong, which is why I picked your post specifically.

And it does circumvent players' ability to mark enemy players, and is different from changing the color of the nameplate. Changing the color of the nameplates is possible by the default UI (thus available to everyone), and doesn't tell you that a player is a healer (they could be a shadow priest or a ret paladin or a feral, for example). As such, it's available to everyone and has a certain functionality. That functionality does not extend to marking healers based on the fact that they've cast a heal.

PvP is one of the places where Blizzard must absolutely be stringent when it comes to addons. In PvE content, people are playing against a computer and the encounters are balanced around such. Every addon that gives an advantage in PvP must be considered by Blizzard when they're balancing the classes and specs, which is already a daunting task. If it can be assumed that most players will have HHTD and healers will be focused most of the time, they will have to consider healer PvP survivability more than they previously did, and talents and spells will have to change to match. This extends beyond just healing classes and specs, as well.
58 Orc Death Knight
I use HHTD.
I know, you hate me.

I usually only go after clothies anyway. The ONLY way I'm fighting someone with heavy armour is if I have a healer on me.

HHTD just helps me avoid Spriests.
LMFAO. You need this addon to point out the black shaded priest? This is why it should be broken. People to dumb to play are getting told who to kill.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]