Break the HHTD mod already.

85 Gnome Mage
03/07/2011 1:18 PMPosted by Anaideia
The against arguement would be entirely valid if it AddOn has been proven to increase healer deaths. It hasn't. There would be no noticeable change if the AddOn was removed. Again, people are blowing a harmless mod out of proportion. Would it be any different if a mod made you say, "X IS THE HEALER! GET HIM!" every five seconds?

Well, in that case, nobody will mind if it's gone, right?

And nobody keeps stats on healer deaths, including you, so where you're getting the source for "It hasn't." I can't fathom.
1 Dwarf Rogue
Sounds like we need a mod that paints the ground where you need to stand at all times, has a ddr style interface for rotations or maybe creates a virtual macro that auto-updates based on priorities and auto-targets adds for boss encounters. Is there one already? I mean, with the addons people use it doesn't seem like much of a stretch.
03/07/2011 1:18 PMPosted by Anaideia
The against arguement would be entirely valid if it AddOn has been proven to increase healer deaths. It hasn't.

It hasn't? Please, let's see your calculations!
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/07/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Draeger
It's a pug battleground. The gear you have and the quality of your team's gear and playing ability is going to be a much more significant difference than some goofy addon
absolute bull i keep my dps up if i die they die and whoever said it was a pug?
Edited by Mackali on 3/7/2011 1:36 PM PST
85 Worgen Rogue
You mad bro? qq
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/07/2011 1:35 PMPosted by Anaideia
Would healers not be targeted if this AddOn was not around?
Of course they would but it situational awernes is a key aspect of pvp and the dps shouldn't have to see a big red cross to attack a heals
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Would healers not be targeted if this AddOn was not around? No. DPS would still tunnel vision them. Just because you get swarmed by players doesn't mean the AddOn is broken. It means there are competent players out there. Blaming you and your team's faults on an AddOn most people don't have is kind of absurd.

All this thread does is show the bad PVP healers from the good. Even the good PVP healers know it's not an AddOn's fault they get swarmed. They can admitt it instead of coming to the forums whining people targeted you.

When good players swarm a healer you tip your hat to them.

When bad players swarm a healer because an add-on marked the healers, that's just lame.

Should I even bother to ask why you're so adamant about the innocence of this addon?
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/07/2011 1:30 PMPosted by Melagnoma
I was wondering how 10 horde found a gnome priest hiding behind a rock 3 seconds after I started passing out bubbles and heals. And don't tell me it's V frames or any of that crap.

Disc priest, penance is pretty obvious and distinctive.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Do you realize that as long as healing or spellcasting gets reported to the world and the combat log there is no way to stop add-ons like this?

You are complaining about something that will not change.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
let me be the first to point out this addon is not less unfair than setting up your combat log to show enemy heals on what person or have another addon like that there. there are hundreds like this one and theres no real way of restricting personal addon art to unit frames.

Would healers not be targeted if this AddOn was not around? No. DPS would still tunnel vision them. Just because you get swarmed by players doesn't mean the AddOn is broken. It means there are competent players out there. Blaming you and your team's faults on an AddOn most people don't have is kind of absurd.

All this thread does is show the bad PVP healers from the good. Even the good PVP healers know it's not an AddOn's fault they get swarmed. They can admitt it instead of coming to the forums whining people targeted you.

Healers getting focused is not the point. YES healers get focused, as they should. The point is a player, through experience, reflexes, and awareness should be the one identifying the healer.

As a rogue I would think you'd have a better understanding of how much subtly and cunning can effect the game. Staying in the background until the right moment is as huge for a healer as it is for a rogue.

How would you like a little dot over your head when you go into stealth? It's essentially the same concept. Instead of laying back in a group, tossing a few heals here and there until someone notices, we now have a huge bullseye on us and will immediately get steamrolled by groups of people with this addon.

I'm sorry if you cannot see how huge this changes things you are blind or just being stubborn.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
03/07/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Yechnagoth
I was wondering how 10 horde found a gnome priest hiding behind a rock 3 seconds after I started passing out bubbles and heals. And don't tell me it's V frames or any of that crap.

Disc priest, penance is pretty obvious and distinctive.

There was a brilliant troll thread posted to the priest forums a while back.

It was from a rogue and it said "How can I tell if someone has pain suppression active?"
90 Night Elf Druid
Hmm, I always just assumed players had something like that. Even back in the day wearing a Benediction was a big "HEY KILL ME!" sign. I used to say "death is tactical in pvp" and my tactics basically involved staying at a point in the group where if horde wanted to kill me, they'd have to let themselves be surrounded by alliance.

I stopped pvping for the most part for other reasons than that though... but even back in TM healers knew that the second you cast a heal, you were as good as dead.

I'm sorry - are you saying that it's ok for players to use these types of addons because you assumed you would be dead the second you cast a heal anyway? That's absolutely NOT true. I've done many BGs as a healer, not many people are zoomed in on their screens where they can see me healing, and for the most part I can safely heal w/out dying after casting the first heal. But, with an addon like this, it's more of a bot targeting the healer than it is the player.

WoW has become too much about the addons. This one should be broken.
85 Dwarf Paladin
This explains a lot. I've always wondered why people go after me, a protection paladin, before anyone else in BGs. Well I'm not complaining. If everyone beats on me, my team wins. :D
85 Draenei Shaman
That add-on has been around for a couple of years. Kind of sad that nothing has been done about it...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]