Looking for a levelling/teaching guild

Honestly, you sound pretty upset by some immaturity on the internet. Are you expecting an apology or were you not expecting any sort of response? This thread was ripe for a shot at <Carried> and considering we've burned their HLK 25 attempts before, expecting anything m ore mature from us is a pipedream, regardless of whether or not we want to revisit the concept of maturity on the internet.

As an aside, Amarliar followed me here, I didn't bait him so don't complain that I have recourse when stalked.

P.S.
I'm not looking for any gain, not sure where you got that idea.

An apology? Upset? What exactly did you do to me to warrant any of that? You obviously don't care about whether or not you lose the respect of anyone, and you obviously don't seem to care that you make yourself look just as bad or worse than the people you "troll" and bicker with. By all means, bring yourself down to and below their (IQ) level.

If you're going to try to step in and police and parent the internet, I don't see how you're surprised or unprepared for this. Also, learn to read, especially if you want to try to slap my wrist or 'put me in my place'. I never asked for an apology, I asked YOU if you expected ME to give an apology. Now that that's spelled out for you...

If you're going to com in here toting morals etc that's fine, but you should probably know a bit more about what you're doing and who you're doing it to. Specifically, you shouldn't make such big assumptions about me. Such as me caring what people on the internet think of me. Also, you apparently don't understand a key thing about me; I handle everything by a case by case basis PERIOD. This means, I had no issue with you till you came in here trying to play mommy and will surely wonder after reading this (if you haven't already) just why I'm being a %!@% to you now. Hopefully you realize it's because you started it by whining about words on your computer screen. This is ironic considering how much talk you are when it comes to forums.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
If you're going to try to step in and police and parent the internet, I don't see how you're surprised or unprepared for this. Also, learn to read, especially if you want to try to slap my wrist or 'put me in my place'. I never asked for an apology, I asked YOU if you expected ME to give an apology. Now that that's spelled out for you...

If you're going to com in here toting morals etc that's fine, but you should probably know a bit more about what you're doing and who you're doing it to. Specifically, you shouldn't make such big assumptions about me. Such as me caring what people on the internet think of me. Also, you apparently don't understand a key thing about me; I handle everything by a case by case basis PERIOD. This means, I had no issue with you till you came in here trying to play mommy and will surely wonder after reading this (if you haven't already) just why I'm being a %!@% to you now. Hopefully you realize it's because you started it by whining about words on your computer screen. This is ironic considering how much talk you are when it comes to forums.

Take a look in the mirror before you ask if someone can read. I know you were asking if I wanted an apology. I'm asking why in the hell I would want one and what you did to even justify being asked for one.

It's not about bad or wrong or police or mommies. It's maturity and respect. Apparently you can't understand, so I'll spell it out for you. Bringing yourself so far below the people you hold false superiority over (the people you mock, argue with, etc) while taking it out on an innocent bystander by ruining his thread, is immature and rude and you have lost a great deal of respect from me and from others.

It has nothing to do with saying bad words, insults, or mocking other people. Do it as often as you like. It has everything to do with ruining an outsider's thread. That is rude. Keep the trolling and bull!#@#tery in your threads, and your "victim"'s threads. I'm not mad or upset about anything you said or did. I'm calling you out on the blatant rudeness and immaturity at breaking one of the most simplest rules about forum posting: keep it contained. I'll repeat: keep it contained.

You told me to stop being polite in the progression thread. Why would I not be polite? That is the "keep it contained" part. There is absolutely no reason to harass, mock, or argue with anyone there. Doing that would shit up the forums. There is a time and a place for it, and I'll give you a hint; it is not any time or any place. Have some respect for yourself, and for these forums as a whole, and keep your "trolling" contained. Shitting up normal threads with the excuse that people can go away and not read it, or that they should have a thicker skin, adds to your immaturity. If you can't keep it contained, go post on 4chan.

I don't think you're being a #@#!, and I'm in absolutely no way offended. I think you're being stupid, and I'm disappointed.
Edited by Taurah on 3/9/2011 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Take a look in the mirror before you ask if someone can read. I know you were asking if I wanted an apology. I'm asking why in the hell I would want one and what you did to even justify being asked for one.

It's not about bad or wrong or police or mommies. It's maturity and respect. Apparently you can't understand, so I'll spell it out for you. Bringing yourself so far below the people you hold false superiority over (the people you mock, argue with, etc) while taking it out on an innocent bystander by ruining his thread, is immature and rude and you have lost a great deal of respect from me and from others.

It has nothing to do with saying bad words, insults, or mocking other people. Do it as often as you like. It has everything to do with ruining an outsider's thread. That is rude. Keep the trolling and bull!#@#tery in your threads, and your "victim"'s threads. I'm not mad or upset about anything you said or did. I'm calling you out on the blatant rudeness and immaturity at breaking one of the most simplest rules about forum posting: keep it contained. I'll repeat: keep it contained.

You told me to stop being polite in the progression thread. Why would I not be polite? That is the "keep it contained" part. There is absolutely no reason to harass, mock, or argue with anyone there. Doing that would shit up the forums. There is a time and a place for it, and I'll give you a hint; it is not any time or any place. Have some respect for yourself, and for these forums as a whole, and keep your "trolling" contained. Shitting up normal threads with the excuse that people can go away and not read it, or that they should have a thicker skin, adds to your immaturity. If you can't keep it contained, go post on 4chan.

I don't think you're being a #@#!, and I'm in absolutely no way offended. I think you're being stupid, and I'm disappointed.

You continue to make the assumption that I care about your disappointment or respect. I'll be as blatant with you as possible because most people wont be with your or anyone as they should be. Do you know why I could give a damn about your approval or respect for me? Because you have absolutely no influence on my life. That is the reason most people do not care, because they recognize that the necessity to be overly nice or feign respect for anyone simply by a set of standards is a waste of time. It causes you to spend too much time worrying about and trying to take care of others when they very much should learn to stand on their own two feet as opposed to be shepherded.

I never insulted the guy in the OP nor did I technically give him false information. <Carried> does not raid, he does not want to raid, I wanted to make a <Carried> pot shot; everything works and everyone wins. Not to mention that MOST people who read threads only read the OP and the most recent reply. Our bull%@#@ betwixt and between means just about nothing. Not to mention there are new features on forums these days, like ignore, like, dislike etc. If people choose to not use them, well I guess that's their problem. Being upset without using the provided tools is like trying to build a model airplane without following the instructions and then complaining that you were unable to construct it despite all the necessary tools being provided for you. Anyways, I've gotten a bit off topic from the original paragraph.
Reply Quote
Anyways, I don't care about your respect, so if that is so important to you, then you should probably stop reading HERE so as to not set yourself up for too much additional disappointment. I'll troll where I want, how I want and when I want, there's nothing wrong with that unless someone chooses to take up a problem with it. Just as the OP had a choice to comment/read/whatever on what was posted, YOU had the choice to come in here upset and scolding me expecting me to care. Tell me, why should I care? Do you hold influence over me in this game? In real life? Do you know something I don't? If not, then I stand by the fact that you don't ultimately mean diddly squat to me, just as 99% of the rest of the people in the world. This is not some heartless drivel but truths that have been created by the sheer number of things, people and situations any one person can or is able to handle. Picking and choosing when to care or put forth effort to any given end is a part of life. You chose to whine and try to mother me away and be disappointed. I chose to make a joke that made some people laugh and apparently some others upset.

Pro Tip: Can't please everyone; fact of life.

So why really be upset or care when some people just aren't satisfied with something when you know it's an inevitability ahead of time? You pick and choose who/what you try to cater to and understand that that's how it's gonna be.

I hope that was sufficient.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I agreed with mostly everything you said taurah, but why would you expect anything more from him? Infusion, which therefore encompasses him, are the self proclaimed ##%%@!%s of the server. Which is exactly why Ive been telling them in their pathetic recruitment thread that they cant get the good players that they want and CBH is now tied with them despite raiding 4 trillion hours less.
Slicedbread is a bad player and a douchebag, always has been and always will be. With that being said, move this convo over to the excuse den as i like to call it.

Not going to quote Sliced, because he wrote too much, and apparently doesn't understand how to trim quotes, but I'm not sure why you're telling me you agree Amarliar. You're the one who brought the !@@@ing drivel in to this thread.

@Sliced, you(and people who share that train of thought) are the reason why reporting was so prevalent on the old forums. You are the reason why communities fail, and why they lose members. But thank you for definitively showing that you have no self control and no self respect. I'll give you a protip; people who have total disregard for others entirely, and lack the ability to control themselves as a whole are generally very unintelligent people and it is a personality type that carries over in life, not just the internet. If you can't understand the time or place for certain things then that's just a damn shame and you're ruining the overall quality of the forums and any other place you happen to grace with your presence.

It's not that I ever expected you to be sensitive to others (especially considering no one is even offended here), it's that I expected you to be more intelligent than that.
Reply Quote
I agreed with mostly everything you said taurah, but why would you expect anything more from him? Infusion, which therefore encompasses him, are the self proclaimed ##%%@!%s of the server. Which is exactly why Ive been telling them in their pathetic recruitment thread that they cant get the good players that they want and CBH is now tied with them despite raiding 4 trillion hours less.
Slicedbread is a bad player and a douchebag, always has been and always will be. With that being said, move this convo over to the excuse den as i like to call it.

Not going to quote Sliced, because he wrote too much, and apparently doesn't understand how to trim quotes, but I'm not sure why you're telling me you agree Amarliar. You're the one who brought the !@@@ing drivel in to this thread.

@Sliced, you(and people who share that train of thought) are the reason why reporting was so prevalent on the old forums. You are the reason why communities fail, and why they lose members. But thank you for definitively showing that you have no self control and no self respect. I'll give you a protip; people who have total disregard for others entirely, and lack the ability to control themselves as a whole are generally very unintelligent people and it is a personality type that carries over in life, not just the internet. If you can't understand the time or place for certain things then that's just a damn shame and you're ruining the overall quality of the forums and any other place you happen to grace with your presence.

It's not that I ever expected you to be sensitive to others (especially considering no one is even offended here), it's that I expected you to be more intelligent than that.

You base so many of your opinions on assumptions and don't even address my points like an adult. Instead, much like Amarliar here, you just disregard them to take time to spew your opinions instead of actually formulating a response. On top of that you take the ad hominem approach and insult my intelligence and forum knowledge much like any child does when they have no meaningful recourse. I never said I have total disregard but merely that I recognize and understand that you cannot please everyone. The irony here is that until you showed up, there was no more posting to be had. Then you came in with your paragraphs instigating a conversation of walls of text knowing full well that I would respond in full. These actions actually account for far more interference than anything I or even Amarliar posted. So actually, you're more responsible for cluttering this thread up. How does that sit with you?

You've sat here talking to me like my intention was to stick around and ruin this thread when you have no proof or reason to believe that aside from Amarliar's appearance and my inevitable response to him. There again, not me who brought stupid !!%# here, so you can drop your condemnation of me for that.

If you want to have a conversation here, I'm up for it but I request you stop pretending to have a conversation by substituting such one minded, non interactive postings as you have been doing so up until now. Things will be more productive.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I'd make a big post but I just got done raiding and I need to go watch a movie now. I'll inevitably see you later when I write the most amazing short story ever about my zombie team. Which I probably won't end up doing, but it's nice thought.
Reply Quote
03/09/2011 8:37 PMPosted by Taurah
I'd make a big post but I just got done raiding and I need to go watch a movie now. I'll inevitably see you later when I write the most amazing short story ever about my zombie team. Which I probably won't end up doing, but it's nice thought.

Written or otherwise, I'd survive.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@OP - Lords of Azeroth is a great guild for leveling. They're very helpful in terms of having bank materials to aid your leveling progression. They used to know just about every relevant quest reward for your class at a given level, but I'd imagine that took a hit after the shattering and the changing of the quest lines. Still, they've always been very willing to come help out on group quests. Advice on end-game gearing and speccing will be hit or miss. There are a number of alts of people who have toons in end-game guilds there who may be able to help. But feel free to seek second opinions.

@Taurah - I know you meant well, but all you've managed to do is highjack the very thread you complained was being highjacked. Unless and until you have the power of moderation, attempting to police the forums is a pointless exercise. Trying to do so without that power simply adds to the problem. I hope you can see that.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
03/10/2011 8:43 AMPosted by Khelvanor
@Taurah - I know you meant well, but all you've managed to do is highjack the very thread you complained was being highjacked.

It was already hijacked. Hijacking it further means nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@Taurah - I know you meant well, but all you've managed to do is highjack the very thread you complained was being highjacked.

The point at which you claimed the thread was already highjacked was all of 10 posts in. The pointless diatribe you gave towards people who weren't going to listen anyway, a fact that you should have already known in advance, added an additional 20 posts that had nothing to do with the OP's request.

But sure, if you don't think piling on means anything, have it your way. I'm not going to engage that type of self-indulgent thinking with further response.
Edited by Khelvanor on 3/10/2011 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@OP

One more thing to consider in terms of looking for a guild is what aspects of the game you're looking to enjoy while leveling, and especially once a toon reaches level cap.

Are you looking to do some raiding?
Is PvP more to your liking? Battlegrounds, Arena? Both?
Are you just looking for a place to hang out and be social?

Answering some of those questions will go a long way toward finding the right fit for you.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I made fun of this thread in my jade thread and it died. I told you on Facebook that I'd be the zombie who never accomplished anything in life for your story that makes everyone die out of ironic justice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CMC
03/10/2011 3:04 PMPosted by Taurah

Judging from the mindless drivel you've come up with thus far, I assume you haven't taken my advice for therapy. Which is a shame, Because let's be real, I'm me. When I give advice, It should be taken ASAP.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
03/10/2011 10:22 PMPosted by Shrutugal
Judging from the mindless drivel you've come up with thus far, I assume you haven't taken my advice for therapy. Which is a shame, Because let's be real, I'm me. When I give advice, It should be taken ASAP.

I find it ironic that you say that while still being unable to understand basic grammar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CMC

I find it ironic that you say that while still being unable to understand basic grammar.

Could you please explain further Taurah? What is it about his statement that broke a undeniable amount of grammar laws.
(Remember to explain to me like i iz in junior highschool)

This is why I say she needs therapy, She sees stuff that isn't there. For instance, She saw Sliced and myself caring about her opinion. She sees herself on this almighty pedestal. Either this is like that movie The Sixth Sense(I doubt it) or she hallucinates. For future reference, No one on these forums aside from MAYBE Jade care about your opinion at all. The only reason he does, Is because from what I understand you two are in a relationship, Therefore he has to, To get laid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]