Looking for a levelling/teaching guild

85 Troll Hunter
At first I just smiled at your blantant ignorance, but then I got to this point and flat out laughed.

03/11/2011 9:43 AMPosted by Shrutugal
Therefore he has to, To get laid.

So I'll be the one to answer your grammar question. Here's your fix. I'll hold your hand after the fact.

BEFORE
Judging from the mindless drivel you've come up with thus far, I assume you haven't taken my advice for therapy. Which is a shame, Because let's be real, I'm me. When I give advice, It should be taken ASAP.

AFTER
Judging from the mindless drivel you've come up with thus far, I presume you have not taken my advice for therapy. Which is a shame because, let's be real, I'm me. When I give advice it should be taken ASAP.

First of all, to "assume" is to "accept without proof", but what you've done is "accepted before proof was established." You are presuming not assuming. I took out the "haven't" contraction because contractions are a crutch. You'll (oooh) notice I left in the "I'm" contraction because it's more regularly used and you'd (I'm on a roll here) look like a total loser saying "I am me." This is because it would be "I am I." Your commas were in the completely wrong place for the additive little remark "let's be real" since for some reason you thought "because" was apart of it. It's not. Your sentence would make sense as "Which is a shame because I'm me" but it would NOT make sense as "Which is a shame I'm me." Unless you're trying to say that it's a shame you exist, which I suppose would be beneficial for Taurah to read it that way. Also on the topic of commas you threw an extra one in for no good reason on your last sentence. Finally, you capitalized random words. Capitals are only assigned to words after a period or if they're a proper noun -- A person, place or thing.

Asexuality. Look it up. I know it's a bloody hard concept for you hypersexuals to wrap your minds around.
Edited by Jademcian on 3/11/2011 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CMC
03/11/2011 10:41 AMPosted by Jademcian
Asexuality. Look it up. I know it's a bloody hard concept for you hypersexuals to wrap your minds around.

....So you're gay?

Edit: Also, Good post. Im not knocking it. You certainly taught me a lesson.

Nah, We'll go this route...Nevermind. Ignore that, Won't delete it.

First of all, to "assume" is to "accept without proof", but what you've done is "accepted before proof was established." You are presuming not assuming.

This statement. This was where I stopped even TRYING to take you seriously. You two are certainly a good match. Heres why: You're ASSUMING evidence is going to present itself, Just like she is. Theres has YET to be any proof to present itself that Sliced gives a %*!% about her. There has YET to be proof of her being better than anyone. With your logic, One never ASSUMES because theres always a chance that evidence will present itself. I hate to break it to you babe, But there will NEVER be proof of any of those things even being REMOTELY true. I was REALLY hoping you of all people would "come at me bro" harder than that. I guess you as well as her are just outmatched. I'm down for continuing this game, Just make it harder.
Edited by Shrutugal on 3/11/2011 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I was presuming you'd try to defend yourself, and my presumptions were correct. Now, I could assume that you wrote this while on a beach.

I think you get where I'm going with that.
I am not presuming evidence will present itself that Sliced cares about Taurah because I did not speak anything about Sliced or Taurah in regards to care.

You presumed that I was white-knighting Taurah because I answered a question in this thread she is apart of, but I was coming only to the defense of good grammar and sexuality. The rest is all a subject you're only interested in. Not I.

Decide whether you didn't take me seriously or if it's a good post you're not knocking because it taught you a lesson. Either way you can't defend against what I said. Also, no, I'm not gay, but my hair is absolutely fabulous. Anyone else think so?

Now I go make a coffee and go to class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CMC
I was presuming you'd try to defend yourself, and my presumptions were correct. Now, I could assume that you wrote this while on a beach.

I think you get where I'm going with that.
I am not presuming evidence will present itself that Sliced cares about Taurah because I did not speak anything about Sliced or Taurah in regards to care.

You presumed that I was white-knighting Taurah because I answered a question in this thread she is apart of, but I was coming only to the defense of good grammar and sexuality. The rest is all a subject you're only interested in. Not I.

Decide whether you didn't take me seriously or if it's a good post you're not knocking because it taught you a lesson. Either way you can't defend against what I said. Also, no, I'm not gay, but my hair is absolutely fabulous. Anyone else think so?

Now I go make a coffee and go to class.

If thats you in that pic on facebook, Your hair is quite ahhmazing. You were trying to pick apart my grammar, In saying that I should have said she was presuming not assuming, So I countered by telling you theres no evidence to present itself. Feel me?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
And you still have no bloody idea how to use a comma.

Ahhmazing.

(ps, going entirely off of Sliced's description of who he cares about and why, he cares about us equally)
Edited by Taurah on 3/11/2011 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CMC
And you still have no bloody idea how to use a comma.

Ahhmazing.

(ps, going entirely off of Sliced's description of who he cares about and why, he cares about us equally)

Silly rabbit, I don't really care if Sliced cares about me. Thats one thing me and him have in common, Lack of caring. Is that REALLY all you can refute? My comma usage? Atleast Jade could work with what I gave him. I'm giving you even more, And the best you can do is "LOLOLOL U CAINT USE NO COMMA". My typing is FULL of bad grammar and punctuation and the best you have is the most blatant of them all? I believe you've finally earned my pity.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Actually, the comma thing is something I have ragged on you for several times. Also, Jade had a paragraph dedicated to your comma misuse. The one giant, glaring mistake is the one that matters most. At this point it isn't even a mistake. In fact, you didn't even know what I was talking about when I said "grammar" and accused me of seeing things. This only proves your ignorance and complete lack of intelligent thought. Even after having it spelled out for you, you still have no idea how to use a comma. You can't tell me you're using it to "troll" as this is the way you always type, I've even seen it outside of Warcraft and the forums entirely.

If you don't care, then why are you so adamant about the fact that "Sliced doesn't care about me"? Telling a person to do something with the purpose of seeing if they have the maturity and responsibility to do it and telling a person to do something because you 'care' (or expect it to be returned) are two very different things. I now know without any doubt that Sliced completely lacks the maturity to do anything other than what he was doing.

I was actually fully expecting Sliced to remove me from Facebook, but he didn't. So he's not a complete tool. It's a bit of a shame, because it would have been almost as hilarious as Malev removing me (why the *#!@ did he even add me in the first place? I'd never even spoken to or responded to one of his posts, ever), but it's also a plus because now I know his entire personality isn't that of a screwdriver, because if it was then my chances of surviving the zombie apocalypse would be greatly diminished.

tl;dr you are very unintelligent and are doing an ahhmazing job at proving that you are not in fact smarter than a fifth grader.
Edited by Taurah on 3/11/2011 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Man, you guys suck at this. Let's get back to what I was doing instead.

03/11/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Shrutugal
In saying that I should have said she was presuming not assuming, So I countered by telling you theres no evidence to present itself. Feel me?

No I don't. Let me redefine those words for you. Also this isn't about if she was presuming or assuming, this is about you presuming she hasn't (I'm pointing out what I did right here in hopes that someone sees it) had behaviour therapy.

Presume: to assert that something is true without complete evidence; to decide something without absolute certainty. Presume is 'to take for granted, to presuppose, to count upon'. A presumption can be "to dare or venture without prior knowledge," "to think as believable without direct proof," "to take as a premise, subject to further proof." A presumption is often taken up or assumed to be true until proven otherwise, as presumed innocent. Sometimes it has the sense of behaving in a superior manner, as in to presume upon someone.
Assume: to acknowledge that not all evidence was in, but to act as though something were true. Assume is 'to take for granted as the basis of argument or action'. Assume can be "to take up or on oneself," "to pretend," or "to be taken up." To assume suggests taking by one's own will or power for good or evil, right or wrong. If he assumes a position that is not rightfully his, he has arrogated or usurped it. A person can assume office either lawfully or unlawfully. When a debater assumes something, he or she may take it for granted without explaining it. If a person takes to himself character traits or a position he does not posses, he pretends to or affects the character he is assuming. A smooth talker often assumes something to be true that would be challenged if directly stated. When people claim something, they assert that they have a right to it. When they assume it, they take it.

Your counter is supporting my initial premise. You've only hindered yourself by agreeing with me.

The correct counter to my argument would have been to suggest that both presume and assume are used interchangeably. This is true. In this way you are neither displaying a lack of understanding of either words current history, its past history or its origins nor are you putting yourself up to accidentally agree with me because both words more or less mean the exact same things given their context and place in history.

I'm a professional verbal jouster because I have good grammar. In saying this I establish that only good Internet vices have good grammar and any Internet vice without good grammar is a bad Internet vice. Notice my use of 'good', not 'perfect' or 'divine.' This allows for mistakes but not blantant ignorance.

A capital letter never follows a comma. Only a period or if the word is a proper noun - a person, place or thing.

Taurah offered me a sandwich. I'm afraid I win here tonight. Oh, I'm also about to be given fish and rice. That's officially a double win for me. A double win all the way across the sky.
What does it mean?
Edited by Jademcian on 3/11/2011 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well @!!# guys, some butthurt wannabe got pissed off and ended up getting our recruitment thread deleted. Since this is the second most popular thread right now, guess we have to retire here. Besides, it's already chock full of butthurt and irony.

So, I wasn't even posting anymore and you decide to still take ad hominem pot shots at me amidst books of bewilderment and shock that I wouldn't remove you from facebook. Sorry to disappoint, no one is gonna do your work for ya, even though you want to. But you're so worried about e-rep on facebook and here that you know you can't possibly bring yourself to remove me, but instead intend to take jabs at me whenever possible in hopes that you can force my hand so that you can THINK you're innocent of goading the situation. I'm proud of you though for including me in that random persons status the other day, though after reading the comments it was obvious you only kept me in it because you had a chance to jab at me. It's funny, watching someone flail around because they have nothing more of an argument than name calling and whining; that's why you're still on my friends list.

The more you know!
Reply Quote
P.S. + double post

You're both getting trolled out of your minds. Although, Jade's getting trolled is debatable, as he just enjoys typing a lot.
Edited by Slicedbread on 3/11/2011 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I'm teaching, I don't know what you're going on about. You should sit around a while and -- I just got a message on my phone HANG ON A SECOND. Okay. I'm back. I'd like to share a story with you about the message I just got on my phone.

I asked someone a question on whether or not somebody had a specific something that I would need the information of. This someone responded with, "They do."
Get that? Why else would I be asking if I didn't want them to tell me the specifics?
"Hey, does Bob have his birthday coming up soon?"
"Yes."
"..."
"Hey, does Richard have a cell phone?"
"He does."
"..."

People do this a lot. You people are doing this right now. Taurah did it, Sliced did it, Shrew did it. Not specifically for a question, but this is a matter of assumptions/presumptions that are either obliviously missed/ignored, or are fabricated out of thin air.

For example, Taurah would remove you from Facebook if she didn't want you on Facebook. I remove Taurah from Facebook occassionally and she tells me to stop being a jerk and sends me a request back. That had nothing to do with what I was going for here. Let's back track. What I was saying is that you described your personality to her in such a way that she saw you as juvenile and whiny and therefore subject to be an individual who would throw a fit and remove someone from Facebook (like me!). What's ironic about this is that she did the very same thing and you viewed it the very same way and came to the very same conclusion! Isn't this stuff fantastic?

I'd garner to say that Internet vices are all around this debacle, sir, and you don't need to throw out accusations like "ya'll got trolled." That, afterall, is a respectable thing to do -- you know, let someone know of their situation -- and thus both demystifies and debases the trolling going on. Or, as I've been calling it, an Internet vice, because that's exactly what it is.
The laymans explanation to that last paragraph is: You're ruining a good thing and you should stop that immediately. You know what I'm sayin'.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
03/11/2011 5:27 PMPosted by Slicedbread
Well @!!# guys, some butthurt wannabe got pissed off and ended up getting our recruitment thread deleted.

Speaking of this, can someone teach me how to report a post on these new forums? I want to know the choices people get when they report posts because a majority of the recruitment threads on here get reported and I want to know what they're getting filed under. Like, I'm pretty sure there isn't one that's "realm forum recruitment - recruitment not on the recruitment forums" ... That'd be silly. But I've seen recruitment posts get blasted to smithereens without any posts after it. Right? Because it makes a bit of sense for someone to report a recruitment thread thats off topic and a flame war, but it doesn't make sense to me for a recruitment thread to go MIA with just itself.
I MUST KNOW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
CMC
but it's also a plus because now I know his entire personality isn't that of a screwdriver

Screwdrivers don't have personalities. Thanks for showing us just how intelligent you are.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
/munches on popcorn.... extra buttery
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
You came too late. I already killed this one. I thought I could do it just from my thread, but it didn't work out because I had a chat with pocky.
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Hunter
No thread is dead till I say it is.

ok, it is dead.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
POOO I was enjoying this!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]