Rare creatures

85 Tauren Druid
Just an observation, I noticed that only in vanilla wow areas have I found guys with silver dragons around their portraits. Does this mean no rare creatures exist in the expansions? Or possibly did I miss them?
Reply Quote
http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=cl=4:2#0-2+1

As you can see from this, rares are at all levels and all over the place. Being rare, you just may not have seen them yet.
Reply Quote
I've noticed that at least in my opinion it's much harder to find the rare spawns in the expansion.

I am leveling a paladin right now and going through the newly done old zones of level 1-60. I seemed to run into rare spawns every few levels.

In outland I have only found 1 and that was with the help of an addon.

In northrend in all my time with all my toons I only ever found one rare spawn. Again that was with the help of an addon. I think that's why there are achievements for finding rare spawns in the expansions and not for the old world.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I am leveling a paladin right now and going through the newly done old zones of level 1-60. I seemed to run into rare spawns every few levels.

In outland I have only found 1 and that was with the help of an addon.

Exactly my experience, except I haven't even found 1 yet in any of the expansion areas (on my 85 toon). They are definitely easier to find on the old continents. I seem to remember some of them even spawn at exactly the same spot every time. Ok, I was just wondering that actually for a long time, now I know.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/09/2011 3:34 PMPosted by Harikrishna
Exactly my experience, except I haven't even found 1 yet in any of the expansion areas (on my 85 toon).

It's probably because there aren't nearly as many Outland or Northrend or Cataclysm zones as 1-60 zones. There are also more players per level bracket pushed into the same zones the higher you go, so a rare spawn is more likely to be killed soon after it spawns.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Also the loot from rare spawns in northrend can be very special whether it be rare quality gear or a dragon mount!
Reply Quote
The 1-60 rares generally have a respawn rate of 30 minutes up to 3 hours (depending on the rare in question). In Outland, I believe they respawn closer to every 3-6 hours. In Northrend and the 81-85 zones, the respawn rate starts at 6 hours and can go to as high as 24 hours.

This is coming from someone who has camped many a rare on her hunter :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I've found ONE Cataclysm rare mob (Lord Sunderfury in TH), so it seems that they really nerfed the amount of rare mobs
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As everyone's said above, their are simply less rare spawns in expansion content. This is because expansion rares drop very fancy loot.

For example, Lord Sunderfury dropped Sunderfury's Sundries for me, which is a heroic-level item. He wasn't exceptionally difficult to kill, but was definitely tougher than a normal mob. Either way, rare mobs in expansion content drop nice things that, in some cases, can be sold, which justifies their extremely limited spawns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]