Profession

90 Goblin Shaman
What are the 2 best professions u can make to be more efficient in pvp/pve? As a SHAMAN.
Not money whise, just the bonuses.
What u guys think about that??
Thnx in advance for all ur suggestions.
Edited by Liimp on 3/9/2011 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Personally...I really like Engineering/Blacksmithing combination.

Two gem slots from BSing are nice, makes things really customizable if things ever change to a point where Agi in all slots isn't what we need. Like previously in Wrath, the extra sockets let me balance expertise cap easier since the only way to get expertise was gem for it.

Engineering is amoung my favourite proffesions. The starting goggles are amazing and really cool, parachute cloak is nice, the belt tinker (Rocket boots or shield) make helps out, Synapse springs are really nice for trinket/ability stacking, and lastly...every raid needs at least one jeeves...two to be perfect.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
IHM
Leatherworking, blacksmithing, enchanting, and jewelcrafting all give ~80 (JCing gives 81, I think) more main stats over what you'd already have (agi or int) each. Engineering gives a really good helm (for this tier, at least) and a decent proc on gloves.

For lesser bonuses, herbing gives a haste buff you can use, which is pretty bad for enhancement and ~ok for the other two in some circumstances. Skinning gives crit rating.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Leatherworking, blacksmithing, enchanting, and jewelcrafting all give ~80 (JCing gives 81, I think) more main stats over what you'd already have (agi or int) each. Engineering gives a really good helm (for this tier, at least) and a decent proc on gloves.

For lesser bonuses, herbing gives a haste buff you can use, which is pretty bad for enhancement and ~ok for the other two in some circumstances. Skinning gives crit rating.

What is the name of the enchant of engineering that your talking about ?
Edited by Liimp on 3/9/2011 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
blacksmithing for low level gear (<40), 3 extra gem sockets and weapons

Leather working for higher level (>40) gear
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
03/09/2011 9:48 AMPosted by Liimp

Engineering enchants/tinkers I mention are:

Parachute Cloak, Synapse Springs, Nitro Boots, and Grounded Plasma Shield. Synapse Springs are the only ones that supply a dps increase, but Grounded Plasma Shield has saved my ass more times than I can count.
Edited by Rheavon on 3/9/2011 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
03/09/2011 9:56 AMPosted by Rheavon

Engineering enchants/tinkers I mention are:

Parachute Cloak, Synapse Springs, Nitro Boots, and Grounded Plasma Shield. Synapse Springs are the only ones that supply a dps increase, but Grounded Plasma Shield has saved my ass more times than I can count.

Thnx
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
03/09/2011 9:56 AMPosted by Rheavon
Parachute Cloak, Synapse Springs, Nitro Boots, and Grounded Plasma Shield.

engineers have all the cool gadgets.... *sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
03/09/2011 9:58 AMPosted by Gorekk
Parachute Cloak, Synapse Springs, Nitro Boots, and Grounded Plasma Shield.

engineers have all the cool gadgets.... *sigh*

And a chance to kill themselves in raids. Nitro Boots and Grounded Plasma Shield can backfire. Nitro Boots can do damage to yourself, explode you straight up with a slow fall back down...or explode you straight up without a slow fall. The shield can backfire and aoe taunt everything around you.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I've never had the shield backfire in a raid. Maybe I'm lucky, but I use it all the time.

I have seen rocket boots fail in a raid though.

Honestly, engineering is probably not the best prof from a min/max perspective. It's likely that will be JC/BS again whenever epic gems are around. I love engineering though and would probably never drop it. I'm not sure what I'd do without my toys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]