An increasing problem in game...

90 Undead Warlock
Too many people including myself have been a victim of other people saying you suck, you should quit playing or other obsenities. Even though it states in Blizzards TOS you're not supposed to do that people do anyway. Honestly, these are the people that don't deserve to be playing. Not only does it degrade the enjoyment of this game, people have quit playing because of it. This issue needs to be address, the people who do this need to get their accounts banned and if they continue get a permanent ban. It isn't going to be a fun and enjoyable environment for the new players. This game needs to be drama free and the TOS needs to be more inforced. I'm one of the many people that play who enjoy this game, but I don't enjoy it when people want to put me down because of my dps or my performance. That all cannot be helped, everybody is working on their characters as much as possible some can't at a faster rate as others because of their responsibilties in real life, which come first and foremost. If you have something bad to say about another player keep it to yourself or if you want to say it then you don't deserve to play.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
GET OFF THE STAGE!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sorry not gonna happen. So if I were you I'd practice what you preach.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
what would you suggest we say to the less skilled dead?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Let them know what area they need improvement on, like gemming and what kind of gear. Give them advice, their skills can be improved if you give them some help, putting them down isn't gonna do them any good.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
this is like the whole "no child left behind" thing in school. people can't take criticism anymore. why is it better to say "well you shouldn't gem strength as a mage" instead of just being honest and saying you're a moron?

ps. anyone that would quit a video game that they enjoy because someone they never met told them that they are bad and should quit has bigger problems to deal with then DPS and gemming.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/09/2011 7:05 PMPosted by Axien
hey buddy you #%*#ing suck
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That was a waste of responses. I can handle all this and yes I have told people where they can shove it. Does it really make people feel better to call them names or tell them they suck? Before you go ahead and judge people for what they haven't learned yet, think about yourself, does it make you a better player then them if you are doing better in the game? No. What makes you a good player is knowing what you are doing with each class. Just because you have all the epic gear or better dps, doesn't make you the better player, far from it. Respect the people you play the game with otherwise you deserve disrepect, nobody actually sucks they just need improvement. And dps isn't everything in a raid or a dungeon it's the quality and skill of the player. For example 20k isn't guaranteed in any instance you run that can change depending on who you group with, it's not a complete reliable source on who's better and who's not. Like in Baradin Hold, I was raid leader and one person was doing 6k dps. A lot of you will say well that guy is fail and they're gonna bring the group down. Not true, we had no wipes and we downed the boss. Even though I've only been playing this game since May of last year and already have 4 85s, I know quite about about the game and it's mechanics, I don't know everything there is to know about WoW and I won't ever know neither will the next person. This kind of attitude where people down the other person that is where you will fail everytime.

Before Cata came out and I went with my first ICC group. There was this player that was talking all this crap about my gear and what happens we keep wiping because he couldn't shut up about not just mine but other players gear. And when he left, we downed like 4 or 5 bosses. So basically, when people keep comments to themselves they get far.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
A few weeks ago I zoned in to a heroic stonecore in progress. Soon as i zone in, the healer says "f'n fail tank, gemmed all stamina, tired of these noobs". I was kinda stunned for a second, i mean i had tanked all the heroics before, never had any problems, and always thought tanks gemmed for stam. I later looked it up on EJ and confirmed mastery being better. That being said, I was so annoyed at the way he said that to me that i just stripped off my gear and started dancing, and since they already used their kick, they couldnt do anything but eventually leave group.

Now I know i overreact to things, but the way people talk in LFD just breeds hostility and contempt. If he had just simply said that tanks are gemming for mastery these days, there would have been no issue. But after he said that he said that I was like ooo hell no!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Does it really make people feel better to call them names or tell them they suck

I get off on it.

Before you go ahead and judge people for what they haven't learned yet, think about yourself, does it make you a better player then them if you are doing better in the game?

That's like saying I'm just as good as Michael Jordon at basketball... which I am.

What makes you a good player is knowing what you are doing with each class. Just because you have all the epic gear or better dps, doesn't make you the better player, far from it.

Well, if you're consistently being told you're doing something wrong, perhaps you are?
With gear being as easy as it is to aquire, getting at the very least 10kdps+ should not be a problem at all.

Respect the people you play the game...

hey buddy you #%*#ing suck

one person was doing 6k dps.

Kick them, they #%*#ing suck

Even though I've only been playing this game since May of last year and already have 4 85s

So, that tells me you have a lot of characters, but don't know how to play any of them? You create a new character before you master one?

If you like being the mean green machine, that's fine and well, but don't say you don't have time to gear out a character and learn the class when you obviously have the time to lvl a character from 1-85.

Stop complaining and go practice. If you can't handle other people's criticism, go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
03/09/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Deadrain
Too many people including myself have been a victim of other people saying you suck, you should quit playing or other obsenities. Even though it states in Blizzards TOS you're not supposed to do that people do anyway. Honestly, these are the people that don't deserve to be playing. Not only does it degrade the enjoyment of this game, people have quit playing because of it. This issue needs to be address, the people who do this need to get their accounts banned and if they continue get a permanent ban. It isn't going to be a fun and enjoyable environment for the new players. This game needs to be drama free and the TOS needs to be more inforced. I'm one of the many people that play who enjoy this game, but I don't enjoy it when people want to put me down because of my dps or my performance. That all cannot be helped, everybody is working on their characters as much as possible some can't at a faster rate as others because of their responsibilties in real life, which come first and foremost. If you have something bad to say about another player keep it to yourself or if you want to say it then you don't deserve to play.

You want Blizzard to ban people for not being NICE? Really? You should probably just unplug your modem...the internet isn't for you.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
How do I suck, Destro shove your comments up your ass, a lot of them didn't make sense anyway. Might as well shut up. It's harder to get the gear then it was in LK and that's a fact, because heroics in Cata doesn't drop epic gear like LK heroics did. No one has business playing a game if all they're gonna do is put people down, you don't know how old that player is and no they don't have to take it. You won't get far in the game or in life while insulting people. Suck it up and deal with keeping comments like that to yourself. Just because the internet has all that crap doesn't mean it should be brought into a video game and if you believe otherwise then you shouldn't be playing the game.
Edited by Deadrain on 3/10/2011 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
03/10/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Deadrain
No one has business playing a game if all they're gonna do is put people down

03/10/2011 11:26 AMPosted by Deadrain
Just because the internet has all that crap doesn't mean it should be brought into a video game and if you believe otherwise then you shouldn't be playing the game.

This game is on the internet, but you don't like the people on the internet.

Solution: Play a game that isn't on the internet!

Or is it easier to whine about the player base and pass judgement on who is and is not worthy of playing this game?

Also, I noticed that this isn't the first post you've made whining about people saying you suck...maybe you really do just suck? All the more reason to unplug that modem like Ribbz said.

Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
My friend,

Everybody tells everybody they suck. It does not even matter if you actually suck or not because I could kill 3 people same time and they would still say I suck and I fail etc. Usually when somebody takes the time to tell you how much you suck chances are they are butt hurt and really think your good. Want some good advice? /ignore. Good luck to you and happy gaming!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
or you could just be terrible and people feel the need to tell you that. lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you are tired of being called bad....then just stop being bad...solution for your whole problem right there....
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Hey, I just wanted to say. I'm the 69 person to look at this forum. and you fv(|<ing suck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]