Healers Have To Die

85 Blood Elf Priest
These very forums, as well as the people I've been in groups with, among others. My own roomie was told in BGs to get the addon or else they were a bad DPS.

THis very topic, even. Again, don't you read?

so this makes it fact? powdered donuts. . .powdered donuts.
I pity your ancestors.
85 Human Mage
03/10/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Reefermadnez
Speculation ftl. No one who claims they are being killed more now because of this addon has any way of proving it.
85 Blood Elf Priest

Speculation ftl. No one who claims they are being killed more now because of this addon has any way of proving it.
It's pretty funny to watch someone who doesn't believe a word of what he says insist on such things anyway.
85 Blood Elf Priest
It's pretty funny to watch someone who doesn't believe a word of what he says insist on such things anyway.

o_O...? lolwut
Playing dumb doesn't help. :)
85 Human Mage
03/10/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Reefermadnez
o_O...? lolwut

i second that.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just modify the addon to put a great big waypoint arrow over the head of the person who has this installed.

Also make it auto-announce to /bg chat that your target was found.

Problem solved.
90 Human Paladin
Well, maybe not you specifically, but mage potential is currently sky high.

Back to the topic at hand.

Part of a healer's survival kit depends on the other person mishandling the information that comes their way.

This mod sort of covers that. Healers are not balanced around someone having 100% up time on them, much less two, three, or fifteen. They are most effective healing others while unharassed.

Some maps capitalize on this with doodads and bushes that are transparaent, providing no line of sight penalties other than removing you and your nameplate from view if you are far enough.

This mod destroys any tactical decisions on part of the healer and the DPS going against them.

But Blizzard doesn't balance for battlegrounds so eh.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Just modify the addon to put a great big waypoint arrow over the head of the person who has this installed.

Also make it auto-announce to /bg chat that your target was found.

Problem solved.
:D!
85 Blood Elf Priest
No seriously. What are you even saying? You say that I don't believe a word of what I'm saying...?
You've been dishonest for pages, to the point of contradicting yourself and insisting on massive differences where there are very few. People who believe what they're saying don't lie.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Break addons? NO.
In order to break something like this, all kinds of other combat log and data handling addons will be ruined too. How d'ya like Recount? 'Cause it's gonna be toast too. Just like Gearscore couldn't be stopped without crippling simple addition, there is not going to be a simple way to disable this one.

What you *can* do is fool it. And that will be loads of fun.

Or even better, if it has you tied up in such fits of rage, why not create a Healers Must Live! addon, eh? Alert your group members to who's keeping them alive and needs to be protected.

Two things:

1. The addon has configuration options and the author has said he plans more features so that this addon will be much, much harder to trick.

2. People won't defend healers that much, even if marked. They rarely go out of their way to figure out who their own healers are (even though it's easy for them) because they are more interested in just killing people. Enemy healers stop you from killing people quickly, so they become priorities. Peeling a dps off a healer won't get you a HK any faster especially since your current target was half down and has your debuffs. They expect to get healed anyway.

Yes, I am sure SOME dpsers will peel more often to help their own healers. But it's far more likely that healers will simply get focus fired faster and more frequently than they get peels. Besides, DPS is high enough that a healer won't live long enough to get effective peels anyway.
85 Human Mage
03/10/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Castilla
Well, maybe not you specifically, but mage potential is currently sky high

what are you talking about. . ya sheep is lost since everyone and their mom can dispell magic now. Sure is OP. And our dps? meh decent but its still ice lance spam. Sounds like OP to me.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Yes, I am sure SOME dpsers will peel more often to help their own healers. But it's far more likely that healers will simply get focus fired faster and more frequently than they get peels.
That is already what some healers have been reporting.
60 Tauren Hunter
No seriously. What are you even saying? You say that I don't believe a word of what I'm saying...? Like for real. I have no idea what your logic is right now. Your response to my assertion that you are merely speculating that you're being killed because of this addon was so incoherent that I literally had no words other than "o_O...? lolwut"

Playing dumb doesn't help. :)

You're simply trying to sideline the real argument.
"Is it FAIR to employ software that gives you an ability to abuse another player."

No!
85 Blood Elf Priest
03/10/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Reefermadnez
I have not lied once in this entire thread.
And there you go again.
To recap:

This places a red cross over the head of any healer who has recently healed (a certain amount, not that much). This can be seen to, what, 30-40 yards away? It also triggers a gong when a healer is moused over at a MUCH longer distance-- think across the map. The player who runs this does nothing; it is parsed out of logs, so the whole process of marking and identifying is done by the addon.

This can't be removed in any way. A healer can't hybrid spec to get around it, they can't LoS heal to get around it. They can't dispel it like a hunter's mark.

The upcoming features will be, in part, that it will be harder to fool AND that it will automate calling the target for their group, among others.
Edited by Syncline on 3/10/2011 10:18 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]