Healers Have To Die

85 Blood Elf Paladin
For the first time in a long time I've had the experience of basically being 'zerged' as a healer. This might explain it.

PvP is about being able to use the terrain, hide in bushes, under rocks, behind houses..etc...in order to attack or heal successfully - that's what makes it fun. If I'm being marked so that I can't do that any more, then what's the point? So you can get your kill points faster? I want to queue into a BG to provide you with points because.....why?

If you find me and kill me, that's what pvp is all about. If you had an unfair advantage to find me..ie, you could mark me instead of having to actually do the work yourself and be situationally aware, I'll take my heals and go home. :(

This expansion is already not very fun from a healer perspective. And I've been wondering why BGs seemed as unfun as instances recently.

This explains a lot, and I hope Blizz breaks it.
Edited by Aviel on 3/10/2011 1:19 PM PST
85 Human Warrior

Have you people forgotten, that with a little situational awareness, hunters can do the same thing with a hunters mark...

No it's not the same thing at all. I'm actually aware of when I've been marked by a hunter, and I quickly dispel the thing.

Some of these defenses of this cheap addon are rather dense and blatantly ignorant of mechanics that don't favor their arguments.
100 Night Elf Druid
It certainly provides an advantage. The biggest portion of it is simple convenience though, and that's extremely difficult to prohibit without breaking something else. It was no change on Blizzard's part that created this, someone had an idea and implemented it and it's spreading like crazy.

I still fail to understand why there can't be a counteracting addon that turns the tables on anyone attacking healers. Spend more than X seconds targeting a healer? Boom. That dpser just got marked as a priority kill/camp/harass target.

i actuly think its more it provides an convenience, with the biggist portion being advantage. it seems that someone can pick me out without ever seeing me heal with it as a healer. thats a huge advantage.

if an add-on needs an add-on to counter it then i think that kinda says that it needs to be broke. it allso means healers need to run to add-on just to stay at an equal footing. not a good situation.

85 Human Warrior
Its amazing how many ppl disagree with this addon i just have one question.

How is this addon different from saying in /bg hay ...... is a healer kill it

because that takes player coordination, and still requires awareness of said healer. I do just that on my healer, I call enemy healers out as priority targets, I even tell people to ctrl+v and turn nameplates on if they need help spotting the name.

It doesn't mean all of them will instantly know when and where that healer pops up. There's still usually a processing period where they assess what they're looking at and looking for.
Lol if you don't have enough common sense to see a healer in pvp thats sad i mean really?

Here ill make it easy for you

Priest - no shadow orbs
- no shadow form
- casting a yellow spell that looks like a heal and bubbles on everyone......
- hes a healer =O

Paladin - has shield hes prot or holy
- big mana pool......
- hes a healer =O

Shaman - casting green looking spells
- has a water shield
- earth shield on them or another person.....
- most likely a healer =P

Druid - errrrrrrrr are they in kitty form?
- Lazer KFC mode?....
- do you see hots rolling on everyone?
- Is there a big @$$ tree with downs running around?
- errrr healer! =S

Thats pretty simple only one that takes a little more common sense would be a shaman but if their not casting a lava something them its usually resto. If your to busy looking at your buttons lighting up and click them then learn how to play with keybinds so you can see whats happening on the screen.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol if you don't have enough common sense to see a healer in pvp thats sad i mean really?

Here ill make it easy for you

Priest - no shadow orbs
- no shadow form
- casting a yellow spell that looks like a heal and bubbles on everyone......
- hes a healer =O

Paladin - has shield hes prot or holy
- big mana pool......
- hes a healer =O

Shaman - casting green looking spells
- has a water shield
- earth shield on them or another person.....
- most likely a healer =P

Druid - errrrrrrrr are they in kitty form?
- Lazer KFC mode?....
- do you see hots rolling on everyone?
- Is there a big @$$ tree with downs running around?
- errrr healer! =S

Thats pretty simple only one that takes a little more common sense would be a shaman but if their not casting a lava something them its usually resto. If your to busy looking at your buttons lighting up and click them then learn how to play with keybinds so you can see whats happening on the screen.

Best PvP tutorial EVAR. lol
100 Pandaren Priest
There has only ever been one addon in the history of WoW that I know of being deliberately broken by the devs, and that's AVR (or whatever allowed you to draw on the ground). That's it. And the way it got broken was by making its positioning unreliable. It still works, mostly. You can still install it if you want. It just can't effectively communicate what you see on your screen to someone else.

There is no way for Blizzard to simply say "You can't run HHtD". As soon as they block an addon name, it gets changed. Or randomized. Then what? Functional portions would have to be broken. Of the addons I use, that will destroy Recount, Tidy Plates, and TipTac for sure. Great.
100 Night Elf Druid
There has only ever been one addon in the history of WoW that I know of being deliberately broken by the devs, and that's AVR (or whatever allowed you to draw on the ground). That's it. And the way it got broken was by making its positioning unreliable. It still works, mostly. You can still install it if you want. It just can't effectively communicate what you see on your screen to someone else.

There is no way for Blizzard to simply say "You can't run HHtD". As soon as they block an addon name, it gets changed. Or randomized. Then what? Functional portions would have to be broken. Of the addons I use, that will destroy Recount, Tidy Plates, and TipTac for sure. Great.

i think that would be up to blizz to look at what it does to the game. and the player feed back given. but another way to stop it working would be to stop the combat log from showing info on the oposing players not done to you or an ally. healing and such on them would realy be the only thing affected.
at this point i allso think this is one of the worst add-ons i have seen based on my opinion. just leaves me sour completly. as it renders a lot of things i can do to subvert my opponents in a pvp situation useless.
im allso not going to try and get people to try and trick a add-on the oposing side may or may not be using as was said by another >.< in a way to counter it.
Edited by Amanone on 3/10/2011 1:55 PM PST
100 Pandaren Priest
It doesn't require a counter-addon, if players would actually look after their healers more. I had an arena resto shaman in S2/S3, I know what it's like tanking the entire enemy team while trying to keep yourself alive. It sucks.

And again, this is nothing that a smart player with a /target macro couldn't do. It is only a convenient package for something they already know they want to do.
100 Night Elf Druid
It doesn't require a counter-addon, if players would actually look after their healers more. I had an arena resto shaman in S2/S3, I know what it's like tanking the entire enemy team while trying to keep yourself alive. It sucks.

And again, this is nothing that a smart player with a /target macro couldn't do. It is only a convenient package for something they already know they want to do.

A player doesn't need to see me healing for the add-on to pick it up. if i heal where there combat log picks it up. and then later when i am running in with a group in cat form.
they can tell that i am a healer. that's info that i don't think they should have, if someone on there group says this out and they put a target macro for me, i don't mind that. they still need to look for me when there macro says i am in range. it allso removes the player element by alot i feal.
this will have a target, and a little ding when mouseing over me.

sorry my english is not so good and i sleepy now :( so not so good at my wording. maybe a bit harsh :P since i grumpy at peoples here lol.
70 Undead Mage
03/10/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Orvain
Thanks for ignoring everything else it can do.

Perhaps you should apply the gun to yourself instead of me.
I don't care what it can or can't do. If it has something better than automatically targeting the person you need to kill, I don't know what feature that would be, and it doesn't matter.

If you insist on having tears in your eyes about how unfair it all is, I'm pretty sure that's not my problem.

If you don't care about the capabilities of the Add-On, please stop posting in the thread as you are not contributing.
85 Troll Priest
Alright, some individuals just don’t seem to have the ability to think deeply, so let’s drop it down a few notches, shall we?
1. We all play computer games and one thing we learn is to exploit the enemy’s weakness. It’s how wars are won. Now when a team uses tactics such as Target Healers, this is a tactic the team EMPLOYS. When the players do it, it’s fair. (rough for Healers, but fair)
2. Now let’s use the argument that it is an Add-on and ALL Add-ons are good. Therefore this is good. OK, using the same logic, All Software is good and therefore all Software has a purpose. Great. Download all the viruses and Keyloggers then. WHAT? You say. That’s different? Not at all. This Add-on EXPLOITS and deprives certain players from equal treatment. Yes, that’s YOUR argument, not mine. Start downloading.
3. I haven’t seen ONE COMPLAINT from anyone about any healing they received while on a BG. “I hate it when I get healed” “I wish they’d just let me die” No, what I hear are all comments about “How great I am in a BG” A very selfish one sided stance. For once, maybe the only time you’ll ever do it in your life, THINK ABOUT THE OTHER PERSON.
A strong mark of maturity is being able to choose the right thing. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.
85 Gnome Priest
This addon gives me one more reason not to do BG's.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
That explains why every time I run off to change to healing spec in TB and run back I suddenly get focus fired before I can even cast a single heal.
100 Pandaren Priest
03/10/2011 2:16 PMPosted by Crystavil
If you don't care about the capabilities of the Add-On, please stop posting in the thread as you are not contributing.
My contribution is that I don't like helplessness when there are other, better options than screaming for a ban.

The fact remains that killing this addon will have just as much lasting effect as downing a raidboss. Next week, an identical clone will be right back in your face. Crippling useful functions would affect way too many legitimate addons, and still won't necessarily stop it, because the method could simply change:

-A 'Most Wanted' frame could be put on the screen with names of the highest healing-done opponents. It could even turn into a neat little minigame where everyone with that addon competes to see who can rack up the most bounty points!

-Failing that, an addon could just as easily look at combat data, create a list of enemy healers, and give you a handy keybind to target the nearest one automatically.

-Oops, that got knocked out of the game too? Shoot, let's just do a quick armory data parse, see who's got PVP healing gear on or a PVP healing spec, and highlight those names as priority targets.

There are SO MANY WAYS it can be done.

Instead of thinking about how to break someone else's creation, why not overcome it? I still like the idea of a defensive version, with raidmarks and speech bubbles assisting, it has MORE possibilities than the offensive version, and thwarts dangerous opponents even when they aren't using HHtD. Let everyone know who's being the most helpful healer or drawing the most enemy aggro. Put a special nameplate on healer-killers so everyone knows to tear a chunk out of them, and they won't even get out of a graveyard before taking some hits.
Why not use it to your advantage?
85 Night Elf Druid
Healing now, compared before this add-on came out? Let me share my experiences:

-Instead of a couple smart PvPers singling me out and trying to kill me, it is swarms of people. I had 15 chasing me down yesterday in AV (few too many for even my teammates to protect me against).

-I am getting about a third to half the honor per BG that I used to.

-I am dieing about 2-3x more per BG then I used to (10-20g repair bill after each run in AV).

-All that time spent rezzing and running back from the graveyard is time I could be healing my teammates.

How is that fair to the healer, and in turn those relying on the healer's abilities? As a class role we are being punished in PvP gameplay by this mod. We spend more on repair bills, earn fewer honor points, and for what?

And to those saying it doesn't break the rules, that is a load of BS and you know it. This is putting what is meant to be a raid marker on an enemy player. You're exploiting a cheap loophole because you can.

Blizzard, these are your rules being blatanly abused and exploited under the guise of "convenience". Ignoring this problem is disrespectfull to both the player base and yourselves. Fix it.

Edit: spelling, it escapes me sometimes...
Edited by Yokanuki on 3/10/2011 3:00 PM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
03/09/2011 4:30 PMPosted by Euraki
Class Colored Name-Plates. Turn them on.. "HEY! He has PRIEST colors! I'm going to watch him for a second.. HE HEALS!". No different.. It still targets *GASP!* HEALERS! And it's *DOUBLE GASP!* IMPLEMENTED BY BLIZZARD...

Be it that it maybe implemented by Blizzard, im sure that there is no option to turn all nameplates for classes spec to heal a bright flashing neon rainbow color complete with an icon that states something similar to "KILL THIS BICH HE'S HEALING". You yourself said that you observed the player you were targeting to infact deduce that he/she was a healer, which i believe is the point that people here are trying to make. you had to be smart and notice for yourself that the preist was infact a healer, instead of already knowing before engagement that fact.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]