Healers Have To Die

85 Blood Elf Priest
03/09/2011 4:08 PMPosted by Stonarius
pvp dps are supposed to target healers. motivating that and improving awareness of that is not game breaking, it's game fixing.
It's not promoting awareness at all, and it's bad. If you want to mark enemy players, play a hunter.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, the blue's stance (I believe) is one of that addons should supplement but not play the game for you.

I suppose the question here is if the addon is "playing the game for people" by automatically identifying the healers.

If it is, then we can probably expect it to get broken.

If it isn't, then other compensations may happen - like a buff across the board to healers to compensate for the change in technology.
87 Tauren Warrior
pvp dps are supposed to target healers. motivating that and improving awareness of that is not game breaking, it's game fixing.

Part of the game, and in PvP especially, is the aspect of human error. That's what can make PvP fun.

Someone may be better than you, someone may be worse. An error in someone's ways is not being able to find/target/etc. a healer. This allows for the healer to keep the rest of his/her group up. If we completely eliminate this error from ever happening, this makes the game less fun (especially for said healers who choose that role in pvp).

Do you kind of understand how this is game-breaking? You're literally removing an aspect of the game by allowing this to continue. This, in no way, is "game-fixing."
Edited by Suavo on 3/9/2011 4:13 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well, the blue's stance (I believe) is one of that addons should supplement but not play the game for you.

I suppose the question here is if the addon is "playing the game for people" by automatically identifying the healers.

If it is, then we can probably expect it to get broken.

If it isn't, then other compensations may happen - like a buff across the board to healers to compensate for the change in technology.
A thousand times this.
90 Human Paladin

No.

Yes it's smart tactics to Go after Healers. This Addon merely makes it easier to identify healers, it doesn't motivate them to do it. It doesn't reward them. All it does is say hey look a healer, and you do what is tactically sound and run to kill them.

The tactics part of the Game was not broken. We don't stealth like rogues, and often need LOS to heal our targets, and often need to be within 40 yards which should be within draw distance. If your Target is getting heals, look around for a possible healing class.
85 Goblin Priest
I just find it funny that people need this addon to pvp effectively. If you can't pvp without an addon like this...
90 Gnome Priest
After reading some of the posts I went and looked up this addon:

"It also rings when you hover or target a hostile unit who healed someone else during the last 60 seconds (can be configured)."

I now find myself, one who loves to heal in PvP and did so since level 10 no longer wanting to que for Battlegrounds. I didn't know how so many horde were able to find me and attack me ignoring other players but now I know. I am singled out and attacked by so many because of a simple addon. I would be dropped in a matter of seconds by 4-6 at a time before they would fight any others and most of the time ignore the other players to get to me. I know my spirit for the game is broken.

I hope they break this Addon soon.
86 Worgen Death Knight
03/09/2011 4:32 PMPosted by Sathelihta
I just find it funny that people need this addon to pvp effectively. If you can't pvp without an addon like this...

People don't need it to pvp with this addon. It just make things quicker/easier. I've stopped using it after reading more of the discussion, and as a healer I'd hate to have this addon used against me.

I don't mean to be rude, I'm really not trying to be, but I don't like it when people assume that anyone who uses a certain thing is automatically bad. I've heard varying opinions about this addon and came to the forum to see what some other comments about it would be, and have made my decision to stop using.

I've only had it for a few days, and I was doing fine without it. It's not a big loss for me. Word of it is spreading around faster so more than likely it will be broken, since it does make it a bit unfair for healers. No other class gets insta-singled out like this.
90 Human Paladin
03/09/2011 4:30 PMPosted by Euraki
Class Colored Name-Plates. Turn them on.. "HEY! He has PRIEST colors! I'm going to watch him for a second.. HE HEALS!". No different.. It still targets *GASP!* HEALERS! And it's *DOUBLE GASP!* IMPLEMENTED BY BLIZZARD...

You still have to make that judgment yourself. You only know the class, not the spec.
85 Goblin Priest

Instead of using their brain to find the healer, this addon is automatically pointing it out for them.

But, go on. Keep using it. I'd like to see PvP turn into a !##@#-fest. Oh wait...
Edited by Eventhorizon on 3/9/2011 4:44 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
03/09/2011 4:35 PMPosted by Gharm

People don't need it to pvp with this addon. It just make things quicker/easier. I've stopped using it after reading more of the discussion, and as a healer I'd hate to have this addon used against me.

I don't mean to be rude, I'm really not trying to be, but I don't like it when people assume that anyone who uses a certain thing is automatically bad. I've heard varying opinions about this addon and came to the forum to see what some other comments about it would be, and have made my decision to stop using.

I've only had it for a few days, and I was doing fine without it. It's not a big loss for me. Word of it is spreading around faster so more than likely it will be broken, since it does make it a bit unfair for healers. No other class gets insta-singled out like this.

Good, I applaud your sense of fairness.
85 Tauren Paladin
SY

No matter how civil you are being, you are defending a pathetic addon. It promotes a pve attitude in pvp similar to dbm in raid. Everything you do in pvp should be from your own assment of different situations. You should never be "told" or "directed" to make any action in pvp by any automated system.
87 Tauren Warrior

Not so sure it is not against the rules.

One could make a case that it is using automation to single out a single group of players. If healers are just automatically focused on, they might not PvP and that could be bad mass PvP.

But it isn't automation though. It is simply using the info already accessible to the player and making it obvious (even more so than it already is). It isn't doing anything that Blizzard won't already allow.

I wrote the following a few posts ago and it should be relevant to what you are trying to say:
Part of the game, and in PvP especially, is the aspect of human error. That's what can make PvP fun.

Someone may be better than you, someone may be worse. An error in someone's ways is not being able to find/target/etc. a healer. This allows for the healer to keep the rest of his/her group up. If we completely eliminate this error from ever happening, this makes the game less fun (especially for said healers who choose that role in pvp).

Do you kind of understand how this is game-breaking? You're literally removing an aspect of the game by allowing this to continue. This, in no way, is "game-fixing."

86 Worgen Death Knight

No matter how civil you are being, you are defending a pathetic addon. It promotes a pve attitude in pvp similar to dbm in raid. Everything you do in pvp should be from your own assment of different situations. You should never be "told" or "directed" to make any action in pvp by any automated system.
'

In the beginning I was defending it since I hadn't read more on it and didn't see what healers thought of it. I don't plan on using it now, it sucks for healers, through and through.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I think there will be a positive side effect to this though. It will force players to work together for once in bgs and actually protect their healers and make sure they are taking out the opposition's healers. Basically it is like training wheels for pvp.
You don't think we're dumb enough to believe this, right? :)
90 Human Paladin

Not so sure it is not against the rules.

One could make a case that it is using automation to single out a single group of players. If healers are just automatically focused on, they might not PvP and that could be bad mass PvP.

But it isn't automation though. It is simply using the info already accessible to the player and making it obvious (even more so than it already is). It isn't doing anything that Blizzard won't already allow.

It's like putting an auto raid Icon on any Healer that enters a PVP situation! And it's not even class specific!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]