Healers Have To Die

85 Blood Elf Priest
It won't. It just made them work less hard to learn how to spot us.

Blizzard, how is this kosher when we're not allowed to mark enemy players in-game, except for Hunters? And if it is kosher, what do you plan to do with how we're getting disproportionately focused now?
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 5:15 PM PST

Not so sure it is not against the rules.

One could make a case that it is using automation to single out a single group of players. If healers are just automatically focused on, they might not PvP and that could be bad mass PvP.

But it isn't automation though. It is simply using the info already accessible to the player and making it obvious (even more so than it already is). It isn't doing anything that Blizzard won't already allow.

It is automatically marking healers...something you can't do with the "lucky charms". So it is doing something Blizz does not allow and the player does not have to put any thought or action into the marking.

The more I think about exactly what this add-on does...the more I think it need to DIAF.

03/09/2011 5:28 PMPosted by Tastie
The addon doesn't mark players for other people.

It might as well if everyone is going to use it. I would guess the only reason it does not is because you can't mark players.
Edited by Solaru on 3/9/2011 6:10 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think it shouldn't be allowed. It's not like it's hard to see the healers anyways.
70 Undead Mage
http://media.curse.com/Curse.Projects.ProjectImages/19474/26790/WoWScrnShot_102610_043338.jpg

That is the screenshot from the curse site of the add-on at work. I don't know if putting a big red marker over someone's head is against the rules, but that looks like it's bypassing the limitation for using raid markers in Battlegrounds.

I'm neither for nor against the add-on, I'm simply stating my observation and opinion based on said observation.
85 Human Mage
There is a huge difference between using the combat log yourself to find out who is actually healing and then find and kill them and having an add on do that for you. Prior to this add on you knew you were going to get killed twice as much wandering into a bg in a healing capable class as on a pure dps one but people still had to work to find you so you had some fighting chance of actually being effective as a healer. I hope this gets broken hard and fast.
90 Dwarf Paladin
If I recall correctly, it dings when anyone has cast a healing spell within a certain timeframe. So if your healer hasn't cast any healing spells, it won't recognize it. So if a Boomkin rejuvs someone, it considers the Boomkin a healer. I'm not certain it can tell me (Prot) from a Holy Paladin, since I'm using WoG. I hope it's pinging me.... I want them to think I'm their target.

I haven't had a problem finding the healers, personally. It does help to know a losing fight though... when two healers are healing each other and both have resilience, then it's impossible to win that fight. I tried against a Resto Druid with 3000 Resilience and a Priest with 2500 Resilience (I looked up their armory after the fight, because I was shocked I couldn't do anything to them). That's about the most useful thing.

And well, on my Holy Priest.. I often find that I'm doing damage to healers and interrupting / mind controlling them, because nobody is taking them down.
70 Undead Mage
03/09/2011 6:33 PMPosted by Tastie
I hope this gets broken hard and fast.

It should be put into the standard UI so more people will target healers and healers will stop getting a free ride casting from the rear of the pack.

Except healers don't get free rides, cheaters do.
85 Blood Elf Priest

You could always try using the addon before opining on it, although I realize that mouthing off in ignorance is more fun.
I know what it is. If everyone has this, it's effectively the same as you being a hunter and able to mark a player, which the current interface does NOT support for very good reasons.
85 Blood Elf Priest

It should be put into the standard UI so more people will target healers and healers will stop getting a free ride casting from the rear of the pack.

Except healers don't get free rides, cheaters do.
Free rides? I spec as shadow, and CC, DPS, and then switch to healing when everyone is taking damage. There are many times when my ability to fear and silence saves other players, along with my dispels and extra damage when a player is struggling to finish an enemy off.

I run right into the middle of the action and aoe fear if I see a bunch of enemies going after folks. I then disperse and book it, and from a distance start DPSing or healing. I park myself on flags or around anyone running one and make sure that folks will have a hard time getting near them. I have no problem getting in people's faces in order to help my team win.

Also: heaven forbid a clothie wants to stay in the back. Would folks ask blizzard to give me plate or chain, please?
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 6:56 PM PST
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/09/2011 6:11 PMPosted by Springrunner
It's not like it's hard to see the healers anyways.

Then what reason is there to remove it?

It sounds like this addon makes it easier for people who are already looking for healers, and since only you can see the mark it doesn't break the game in any way.
Edited by Phy on 3/9/2011 7:24 PM PST
87 Tauren Warrior
I know what it is. If everyone has this, it's effectively the same as you being a hunter and able to mark a player, which the current interface does NOT support for very good reasons.

If everybody has this, then everyone on YOUR side will see that you are a healer, because it will put a huge "+" role sign over YOUR head too, if you do any actual healing.

And then, depending on your usefulness and personality, people on your team could decide to kill the people who are focus firing you.

Letting healers live a single extra instant, though, is just wrong, and anything that helps get healers killed, is good.

All I keep reading is: Let's not make it that healers are able to have fun. We need to have them all on auto-kill and remove them from battlegrounds.

Anyone with half a brain can read between your lines, miss.
85 Blood Elf Priest
All I keep reading is: Let's not make it that healers are able to have fun. We need to have them all on auto-kill and remove them from battlegrounds.

Anyone with half a brain can read between your lines, miss.
^

If this kind of thing is acceptable, then I'd appreciate a buff, Blizzard, not a nerf to our shields.
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 7:43 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
Dev awareness meep.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]