Healers Have To Die

58 Gnome Death Knight
Personally, I find part of the thrill of being a damage dealer in pvp is finding the healer on my own and taking them out. There's a sense of accomplishment in that. It would feel too much like PvE for me to use an add on like this.

I like the chaos of pvp that requires me to pay attention to ALL of my opponents and identify the best target. While I know how frustrating it is to be the only one to see the healer while other people are just whacking away at anything that moves, I still feel like this add on cheapens the experience and goes against the spirit of pvp.
85 Blood Elf Priest
03/09/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Tastie
Yep. A lot of us are noticing this, and have been wondering what the difference was.

The difference is now more people have the tools to destroy you more quickly.
IE, Blizzard, please break this, or buff healers. Thanks. :3
85 Gnome Mage
Okay, let's have an addon called FMMD (Frost Mages Must Die).

It'll auto mark you as the #1 target, so every hunter and caster can focus fire on you.

Die 10x in a row.

Now you'll understand why such addons aren't a "good thing".

Think more players need to feel the bite of focus fire more often, to understand what healers face being the #1 target in PvP.

No offense, but having the guild tag <I AM A HOLY PALADIN> is definitely not the way to go if you don't want to be focused in PvP.

Be like me. Be sneaky. (Hint: I am an arcane/fire mage.)

03/09/2011 4:09 PMPosted by Brangar
This does actually seem game breaking as it is similar to the effect of the hunters mark without your having to find the healer to mark them. It doesn't seem right that it finds and marks the healers for you. I had been healing a lot lately on my priest and the other day it seemed like suddenly the odds of my getting more than a few feet from the graveyard dropped considerably. If this add on is why I am against it.

What's worse than the Hunter's Mark bit is that the healer and his/her teammates can't see or dispel the mark, the way they can with Hunter's. So people are getting zerged and focused on without prior warning and without understanding why a bunch of terrible PvPers in an unrated battleground from various servers are all acting in cohesion all of a sudden.
I agree, things like the need to be broken. It takes all skill out of the game. If your bad enough to not normally look out for healers, then you don't deserve the advantage of such an addon.
85 Tauren Shaman
I actually put in a ticket asking if this addon is legal or not.

What I asked:

I had a question on wether or not an addon was allowed to be used. The addon is called "Healers have to die" and what it does is it will automatically recognize anyone that is a healer and it puts a big red cross over their head requiring no action from the player with the addon. Is this addon legal? It seems highly unfair that a healer can hide out of sight and heal normally but with this addon it will reveal where the healer is without the player with the addon actually having to do anything.

Response:

Hey there, Mavester!

Hello! Thank you so much for contacting us! Since the information you provided in your petition has allowed me to fully investigate your issue without needing to interrupt your gameplay I decided to leave you this message so you can read it when you want! ^_^

In general, User Interface modifications are acceptable for use in WOrld of Warcraft; however, since they are not created by Blizzard, we cannot vouch for the permissibility of a given interface in its current version. Similarly, we cannot guarentee functionality nor provide technical support. Coding to modify the style and look of the UI is allowed, as long as themodifications are done to the sanctioned internal files of the game. However, any UI adjustments that allow the user to gain any sort of an unfair advantage over other players (or any adjustments that are malicious in nature) are unacceptable.

For more information regarding the usage of Custom UIs or Third Party Programs, please review our Exploitation and Client/Server Manipulation Policy located at www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy.

On a quick note, I'd love to hear how I'm doing. If you could fill out the survey if you happen to get one or email your feedback to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com any feedback you give me, good or bad, makes me a better Game Master. I appreciate it!

Hope you have an awesome day! Thanks again for contacting me. :)

Best wishes,

Game Master <Name>
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

Unfortunaty, I did not get a definite answer but I bolded/underlined the important part.
85 Blood Elf Priest
IE, Blizzard, please break this, or buff healers. Thanks. :3

BG healing is already way OP.
Show us on the doll where the bad healer touched you?

03/09/2011 11:02 PMPosted by Leslii
What's worse than the Hunter's Mark bit is that the healer and his/her teammates can't see or dispel the mark, the way they can with Hunter's. So people are getting zerged and focused on without prior warning and without understanding why a bunch of terrible PvPers in an unrated battleground from various servers are all acting in cohesion all of a sudden.
Yepyep.
85 Blood Elf Priest
03/09/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Tastie
What the hell other World, of Warcraft, are you from?
There's this shiny purple button called mass dispel. It's really easy to click.

03/09/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Mavester
However, any UI adjustments that allow the user to gain any sort of an unfair advantage over other players (or any adjustments that are malicious in nature) are unacceptable.
This is what this addon falls under. Blizzard, y'all do read these, is there anything that you can do?
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 11:09 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
03/09/2011 3:00 PMPosted by Eilethalua
Okay good... so it's not against the rules. That's what I was really worried about.I don't see why someone would complain about it. It doesn't make us kill you faster, just spot you easier. Most of us can already point out healers, it's just hard when you have all these health bars all over the place. Or nameplates.

While it's not currently broken, Blizzard could decide to break it. It vaguely reminds me of the one that let Raid groups "draw" on top of the graphics of the game - so they could doodle in where to stand, for example. If they decide to break it, the usual manner is to do something to prevent the addons functions.

Actually they did break it, then added a similar system in its place. The problem with it was it was making raiding a little to easier as it told everyone where to go for better effect.

As for this mod, I wouldn't use it. Its pretty easy to spot the healers in a large group.

Hint: They aren't attacking and they are only targeting their team mates.
85 Blood Elf Priest

There's this shiny purple button called mass dispel. It's really easy to click.

My question was when was the last time you had a hunter's mark dispelled on you, or if you are one of these putatively useful healers in an unrated BG, when was the last time you dispelled one?

That's what I thought.

Y'all gotta die, or learn to fight dirty, one or the other.
I hit mass dispel every time my teammates start having unpleasant colors and effects pop up on them. And if by fighting dirty, you mean break the ToS because you are too bad to identify a healer, you should probably go play hello kitty online, since it's more your skill level. :)

I don't need the addon to be good. I use very few and none that are geared for BGs.You shouldn't be offering me advice, since you need crutches to PvP.
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 11:13 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
I actually put in a ticket asking if this addon is legal or not.

What I asked:

I had a question on wether or not an addon was allowed to be used. The addon is called "Healers have to die" and what it does is it will automatically recognize anyone that is a healer and it puts a big red cross over their head requiring no action from the player with the addon. Is this addon legal? It seems highly unfair that a healer can hide out of sight and heal normally but with this addon it will reveal where the healer is without the player with the addon actually having to do anything.

Response:

Hey there, Mavester!

Hello! Thank you so much for contacting us! Since the information you provided in your petition has allowed me to fully investigate your issue without needing to interrupt your gameplay I decided to leave you this message so you can read it when you want! ^_^

In general, User Interface modifications are acceptable for use in WOrld of Warcraft; however, since they are not created by Blizzard, we cannot vouch for the permissibility of a given interface in its current version. Similarly, we cannot guarentee functionality nor provide technical support. Coding to modify the style and look of the UI is allowed, as long as themodifications are done to the sanctioned internal files of the game. However, any UI adjustments that allow the user to gain any sort of an unfair advantage over other players (or any adjustments that are malicious in nature) are unacceptable.

For more information regarding the usage of Custom UIs or Third Party Programs, please review our Exploitation and Client/Server Manipulation Policy located at www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy.

On a quick note, I'd love to hear how I'm doing. If you could fill out the survey if you happen to get one or email your feedback to wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com any feedback you give me, good or bad, makes me a better Game Master. I appreciate it!

Hope you have an awesome day! Thanks again for contacting me. :)

Best wishes,

Game Master <Name>
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

Unfortunaty, I did not get a definite answer but I bolded/underlined the important part.

That to me pretty much says, no this is not allowed.
But he may not have the official authority to say this, and is/should pass it on to his superiors.

Maybe we'll get a Blue to come by and make a visit next.
85 Human Paladin
What I understand from the T&Cs "Coding to modify the style and look of the UI is allowed, as long as themodifications are done to the sanctioned internal files of the game. "

The Add on only marks you on the screen of the person using it, not in-game so the whole battleground can see which is hwat I understand from the whole not marking enemy players.

That being said the healers are gonna QQ and troll til Blizz gives in and blocks this add on. I for one will be finding an equivalent once this happens as this is a pretty cool add on (and before the whole "youre a baddie" thing starts please be advised that I dont PvP much and I ALWAYS hunt healers when I do lol)
85 Blood Elf Priest
If everyone is using it, which most folks are, then not only is the healer marked, but when they are so far out of range that they are NOT marked, a mouseover of the enemy party rings a sound that tells you where the healer is.

Thanks for admitting that you're bad, though. Paladins do die when you dispel all their stuff, so come at me, bro. :)

Good job ignoring:

However, any UI adjustments that allow the user to gain any sort of an unfair advantage over other players (or any adjustments that are malicious in nature) are unacceptable.

If it is helping you target and kill healers, you are gaining an unfair advantage, especially since we no longer have the ability to move around to try to hide. We are always marked by an undispellable mark or sound.
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 11:27 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
03/09/2011 11:24 PMPosted by Syncline
so come at me, bro. :)

lol cute

Good job ignoring:

If it is helping you target and kill healers, you are gaining an unfair advantage, especially since we no longer have the ability to move around to try to hide. We are always marked by an undispellable mark or sound.
\

Dont lump me in with ppl who didnt target healers on their own... that being said... you know this add on wont last much longer anyway so be easy healer lol
85 Blood Elf Priest

Dont lump me in with ppl who didnt target healers on their own... that being said... you know this add on wont last much longer anyway so be easy healer lol
>:E
Edited by Syncline on 3/9/2011 11:36 PM PST
92 Draenei Death Knight
It's easy to follow the Penance trail back to the guy in the dress. It's easy to see the druid making big green swirlies around the hunter.

Having said that, I'll take any advantage my lil BG lowbies can get, and I'll use this one for as long as I can.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]