Stormreaver's PVP Game

90 Gnome Rogue
THE GAME IS CURRENTLY OVER UNTIL BLIZZARD CREATES INCENTIVE TO PARTICIPATE IN WORLD PVP. SEE LAST POST FOR DETAILS!

In an attempt to revive and reveal the wonders of World PvP, I'm bringing back a fun game I started on this server back in TBC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how the game works:

I will start the game off by selecting 6 targets (3 per faction) This target doesn't have to be willing to participate (he/she will be hunted regardless). During the time a target is active, everyone has a fair chance at killing said target. When you get the killing blow you MUST take a screen shot displaying the combat log where you got the killing blow and the target's corpse/skeleton. Whomever lands the killing blow gets to replace their spot as a target. Targets are able to HUNT other targets in order to obtain more points. New targets will be updated on the following post in this thread under the, "Current Target" section. When you get a kill it'll be posted here in this thread under the, "Kill Board" section. Whomever has the most points at the end of a predetermined time is the winner! The game may continue indefinitely, but if the community demands there can be seasons with rewards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules and Guidelines:

• In order for your kill to count you MUST post here with a screenshot displaying the combat log where YOU got the killing blow. The screenshot must also show his/her corpse or skeleton.

• Points are rewarded for kills and will be explained in the following section.

• Ganking, killing, and camping anywhere is fair game. This encourages sneaking into capitol cities to get the kill.

• Kills in Battlegrounds and Arenas DO NOT count.

• Same-Faction kills are allowed. This will left up to your imagination :)

• It's not fun when someone sits in a capitol city all day in order to avoid being killed. If they don't know they are the target, don't tell them!

• If a target remains unkilled and hasn't obtained at least 5 kills for himself in a week period, then they will be replaced with another target I choose.

• The kill doesn't have to be obtained in a, "fair" way. A kill is a kill - even if you have a 40-man raid.

• NO CHEATING! I'm not going to specify here, but if I suspect cheating then I'll look into it and act accordingly.

• Target MUST be level 85. *This is subject to change if the general public desires*

• Target can't be killed on his/her alt. It is near impossible to keep up with everyone who has an alt and if it's legitimate.

• Using Ventrilo or any other means of communication cross-faction is permitted!

• REMEMBER to check back to the second post and view who the current target is. I will be updating that section every time a new target is selected.

• I reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations at any time. Instances of such amendments will only take place for the PVP Game/Communities benefit.

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point System:

• Getting a kill on a target: +1 point

• Getting a kill on another target while you're the target: +2 points

• Getting a kill on any other player (level 85) while you're the target: +0.25 points

• Getting killed when you're the target: -0.25 points

• In-Depth Explanation:

There will always be 6 targets up. Originally it will be 3 Alliance and 3 Horde. When a target is slain, that person is replaced with whomever killed them. The point of this game is to obtain the most amount of points. You can see that you are able to get the most points when you're a target. You want to be the target. There are more points rewarded when you're the target for a reason. We want you to run around and kill people, while people eagerly hunt for you. When you get killed as a target, you lose 0.50 points. Theoretically all 6 targets could be Alliance. If that is ever the case, then Alliance have to wait until a Horde kills an Alliance target in order to work towards hunting a spot as a target *There is an exception that is left up the the imagination*. If a target goes 1 week without getting 5 kills for himself and without getting himself killed, then a replacement target will be selected. This game rewards the World PvP'er that is more active and invested in participating. Casual World PvP'ers can still have fun hunting targets and being hunted, but don't expect to lead the scores.
    Edited by Mozeer on 3/19/2011 6:13 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    This section is going to be used to keep track of the current target, leader boards, past targets / kills, and reward information

Current Targets:

Target Name: [H]Caulktok
    Race: Orc
    Class: Warlock
    Guild: <BRO IM NASTY>

Target Name: [H]Hareola
    Race: Troll
    Class: Mage
    Guild: <Battlegroins>

Target Name: [H]Mente
    Race: Goblin
    Class: Mage

Target Name: [A]Xyshína
    Race: Night Elf
    Class: Warrior
    Guild: <FTA>

Target Name: [A]Sephyxia
    Race: Night Elf
    Class: Hunter
    Guild: <BIG problem Doctah Jones>

Target Name: [A]Amdis
    Race: Human
    Class: Rogue
    Guild: <Pariah>

Current Prize Pool:

-SEEKING SPONSORS-
    Please contact me if you're interested in sponsoring!

Leader Boards:

1) n/a
    2) n/a
    3) n/a
    4) n/a
    5) n/a

History of Targets & Status:

• [H]Caulktok - Active (03/08/11)

• [H]Hareola - Active (03/10/11)

• [H]Mente - Active (03/10/11)

• [A]Xyshína - Active (03/10/11)

• [A]Sephyxia - Active (03/10/11)

• [A]Amdis - Active (03/10/11)

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edited by Mozeer on 3/10/2011 5:55 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Please take your time to review the Rules and Regulations as well as how the game works.

I've updated the 2nd post with the CURRENT TARGET! HAPPY HUNTING!

Target Name: [H]Caulktok
    Race: Orc
    Class: Warlock

-Please report this thread for sticky!-
    Edited by Mozeer on 3/8/2011 8:08 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    I have set exorcism to rapid fire on my gamepad but he is not dying.
    Reply Quote
    85 Gnome Warlock
    FTA
    oh man, im starting the hunt now
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Haha I'm glad everyone is eager to start the hunt. I remember Trogdaar having a lot of the kills. Remember to request this to be stickied!

- The name Gildras sounds familiar. :) Isle PVP was where it was at!
    Edited by Mozeer on 3/8/2011 9:21 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Update: Thinking about increasing the amount of active targets available at a time. The last time I started this pvp game (back in TBC) I think I recall having a list of multiple targets because of the inactivity of some of the targets. Do we think there should be at least 2 targets of each faction up at a time?

I've been brainstorming additional ideas to make this better. I've been getting some feedback on some stuff to add.

Be on the lookout! Crazy fun stuff ahead!
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warlock
    Make sure to have atleast 2 people or a DK, OR I WILL NEVER DIE IM THE BEST
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warlock
    i'm in razor hill
    Reply Quote
    85 Gnome Warlock
    FTA
    oh man i might have to actually log on my dk for this
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    If I could make a suggestion, there should be one alliance target and one horde target at a time.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    03/08/2011 6:56 PMPosted by Lame
    If I could make a suggestion, there should be one alliance target and one horde target at a time.

That's what I told him. That's how it was in the past, it will be changed! I hope...
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Yeah, I'm going to change it. I wanted to wait till this active target was done. SOMEONE KILL CAULK.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    No one has even tried to kill Caulk yet. =(
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Update: Rule changes are coming TONIGHT in the following areas.

• How many targets are up at the same time (Alliance & Horde)

• How targets are selected

• A point system that rewards more/less point for specific scenarios and actions

• An system that creates more incentive to go out and find targets

• Future Plans:

• A possible addon that automatically keeps track of EVERYTHING. *Details will be revealed later*

• Changes coming. Just be patient and know that I'm sorting all these logistic kinks out.
    Reply Quote
    Hey man, great game. I've been on a 143-0 duel win streak, so if I catch a target out in the world, he's got a less than 1% chance of surviving The Arcane Kid's onslaught.

Bring it, don't sing it.

~Haroles
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    I'm coming for you tonight caulk.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    Hey man, great game. I've been on a 143-0 duel win streak, so if I catch a target out in the world, he's got a less than 1% chance of surviving The Arcane Kid's onslaught.

Bring it, don't sing it.

~Haroles

Duels won 4
    Duels lost 10

Bulls$&t
    Reply Quote
    85 Troll Shaman

Bring it, don't sing it.

~Haroles

Duels won 4
    Duels lost 10

Bulls$&t

Ownt
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]