State of the Server Address

It would be nice to see more people attempting to pug at least. I could see the point in trash runs if there was rep to gain. But without rep, it's better to spend time improving one's game play by downing bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/10/2011 1:12 PMPosted by Palleon
Perhaps some of you "Wrath babies" shoulda spent more time in raids like Ulduar instead of Trial of Lootfarm.

I don't disagree with you. Ulduar was without a doubt the most challenging raid in WotLK. I managed to catch the tail end of it on my druid, and pick up group half the hard-modes before the second week of ToC with some shards from one of the Alliance guilds that imploded during that period.

Raiding trash doesn't seem to be much worse than doing archeology for purples. Neither is an activity I'd enjoy myself, but hey if floats their boats who are we to tell 'em otherwise.

I'd rather kill bosses, but that's involving breaking in a higher percentage of new raiders this go around.

And allow me to state I was targetting your comments because you said it, not cause it was you particularly. Not all of us are Wrath Babies on this server....some of us just came here because we weren't welcomed other places, our friends moved on, etc etc and made new friends here. Some of us do happen to have been playing this game for far too long :|
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/10/2011 5:56 PMPosted by Evs
It would be nice to see more people attempting to pug at least. I could see the point in trash runs if there was rep to gain. But without rep, it's better to spend time improving one's game play by downing bosses.

A giant majority of the server (both sides) don't have the inclination to take their time to actually improve themselves whereas just farming stuff would suit them more. Also, people would pug more but I would think wiping a lot would discourage any thought of learning to down bosses.

Best to work with what you have and if they can't keep up well its their choice, we cannot force them to improve anything. Not even for server progression.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/10/2011 9:57 PMPosted by Elizana

A giant majority of the server (both sides) don't have the inclination to take their time to actually improve themselves whereas just farming stuff would suit them more. Also, people would pug more but I would think wiping a lot would discourage any thought of learning to down bosses.

Best to work with what you have and if they can't keep up well its their choice, we cannot force them to improve anything. Not even for server progression.

Can't learn to ride a horse without falling off.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have a Prot Pally w/ a Holy OS over here. I am looking to raid weekends. I am 3/13 Heroic 25/10 and willing to help a group out if they need it. I have tanked and/or dps'd all of the current content.

Whisper Tanksmcgee in game or send me some mail if you need a tank for more than trash runs.
Edited by Garv on 3/11/2011 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
some of us just came here because we weren't welcomed other places, our friends moved on, etc etc and made new friends here. Some of us do happen to have been playing this game for far too long :|

I transferred here to avoid the 2 hour queue for Thrall when Wrath dropped.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have a Prot Pally w/ a Holy OS over here. I am looking to raid weekends. I am 3/13 Heroic 25/10 and willing to help a group out if they need it. I have tanked and/or dps'd all of the current content.

Whisper Tanksmcgee in game or send me some mail if you need a tank for more than trash runs.

03/11/2011 9:09 AMPosted by Brethgyk
Hey Alivia, I'm able to fill a PUG spot Sunday/Monday night if you need. (Fire mage. Able to learn quick if you remember when we spoke last time.) Send me an in-game mail or a pst.

I put you both on my list if I need bodies but this thread isn't particularly about my group and any need for fill ins I have. This is about the server and people being content sitting at the bottom and just making gold instead of raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Once again, I plead desperately for individual excellence. If you are going to apply for a spot with a 10/12 guild, GO TO ELITIST JERKS. KNOW YOUR CLASS. The first thing I do with every applicant is look at them very closely to see whether they understand the basic info posted on EJ. Use it, know it, love it.

bull*##!... you let me in

Are you implying people actually apply to Entropy? I thought you guys grabbed them off the street, bagged their heads, and tortured them til they wanted to raid with you.

That was more or less how it happened
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/11/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Maliciouskil
Once again, I plead desperately for individual excellence. If you are going to apply for a spot with a 10/12 guild, GO TO ELITIST JERKS. KNOW YOUR CLASS. The first thing I do with every applicant is look at them very closely to see whether they understand the basic info posted on EJ. Use it, know it, love it.

bull*##!... you let me in

Are you implying people actually apply to Entropy? I thought you guys grabbed them off the street, bagged their heads, and tortured them til they wanted to raid with you.

That was more or less how it happened

EVIDENCE! I AM SO SHUTTING YOU DOWN!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/08/2011 5:14 PMPosted by Palleon
You start off with bosses that require execution, and since this is a Wrath-baby server many of us were not acclimated.

While your assessment of the server as being largely a "Wrath-baby" server is true, I can truly demonstrate to you that it IS possible to get over the wrath-baby mentality. Don't use it as an excuse. Wear your shiny n00b badge with pride. Get your bum over to EJ and check out what they've got to say. Heck, Paragon is what, top in the world? Look up one of their members in your class and see what THEY'RE doing. Better yet, look up somebody in one of the top Galakrond guilds and send them a tell or an in-game mail, be like "Yo, I play (insert class here) and I see that you seem to know what you're doing, got any tips?" IT WORKS.

But serously, get over the wrath-baby B.S. Before I go all PMS up in this place.

EDIT: Because I'm a scrub and didn't realize there was a page 2 to this thread and now know that I was WAY off topic in my post, but I don't care because I needed to say it!!!! :D
Edited by Alanaria on 3/12/2011 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Because I'm a scrub and didn't realize there was a page 2 to this thread and now know that I was WAY off topic in my post

If you weren't a "wrath-baby" you would have known that... jus sayin
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you weren't a "wrath-baby" you would have known that... jus sayin

You wanna take this outside buddy boy? Do ya?!
Edited by Alanaria on 3/12/2011 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/15/2011 3:30 PMPosted by Baba
Your decree has been recognized and granted by the Kingdom of Baba. You are never unwelcome in my court, fair Alivia.

I thank you Lord Baba. Shall we make babies?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Awww Alivia is acting feminine.

Yuck, Worgens and Night Elves? I feel like those babies would glitter and then I'd have to kill them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Hello all. Gotto agree with Alivia STOP THE TRASH RUNS Boe prices dropped by half due to all these trash runs, Get in there try the bosses, you wont 1 shot them, but with half a brain and little coordinations, all the bosses are doable. proof? my knucklehead grp did them and so did 25 000 other guilds

I blame the lack of effort and the excess amount of trash runs for the low progression on our lovely realm, on that note i wish everyone the best of luck on your further progression.

Dom
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hello all. Gotto agree with Alivia STOP THE TRASH RUNS Boe prices dropped by half due to all these trash runs, Get in there try the bosses, you wont 1 shot them, but with half a brain and little coordinations, all the bosses are doable. proof? my knucklehead grp did them and so did 25 000 other guilds

I blame the lack of effort and the excess amount of trash runs for the low progression on our lovely realm, on that note i wish everyone the best of luck on your further progression.

Dom

Fyi, Dom's group is really a bunch of knuckleheads. As is he. ZING POW!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
I have to say I am having more fun in Aegis than I ever had in my progression-oriented guild that got server firsts in WoTLK. Mainly because WoW has become a game again, rather than a 2nd job. We have two raiding groups. One of them only runs once a week, the other one only runs two times a week tops, and always 6 hours total or less (3 hours a night or so generally).

It is very nice to be in a social guild (we play games outside of WoW, Magicka while using Vent, for instance) that doesn't take raiding as the only goal of people virtually hanging out.

I'm not sure how this fits into the thread. But there are guilds where people are having fun, killing a few bosses, and basically treating wow as a game. And most generally don't even realize where they are ranked on the server, let alone the US.
Edited by Zenyu on 3/17/2011 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have to say I am having more fun in Aegis than I ever had in my progression-oriented guild that got server firsts in WoTLK. Mainly because WoW has become a game again, rather than a 2nd job. We have two raiding groups. One of them only runs once a week, the other one only runs two times a week tops, and always 6 hours total or less (3 hours a night or so generally).

It is very nice to be in a social guild (we play games outside of WoW, Magicka while using Vent, for instance) that doesn't take raiding as the only goal of people virtually hanging out.

I'm not sure how this fits into the thread. But there are guilds where people are having fun, killing a few bosses, and basically treating wow as a game. And most generally don't even realize where they are ranked on the server, let alone the US.

It fits in cause there are guilds that are socially oriented. I mean, our guilde was formed from a raid team in Blood Stained Hnads and while our primary focus is raiding, we are all friends who played other games together. At the same time, I am addressing those guilds who are working on focused progression, and Aegis is one of them. But Aegis isn't one of the guilds not raiding and offering a trash run every night either....
Point being, all our guilds are progressing but at the same time there are other guilds doing nothing and other people contributing nothing to our server. I'm all about having a hardcore mindset in a casual atmosphere and such. You can be focused solely on progression but only raid 2 3 times a week. I mean, cause you raid less does that make you any less hardcore? Its what your focus is and you determination to get it done that makes you Hardcore. If you're setting goals and getting them done, or overachieving, that to me is hardcore enough.

But basically it's about not being last...about being better than some of these servers who we know we're better than. We're not good enough cause our server is a joke? Really? I bet I could outplay quite a few people in some of the better guilds out there. But this is my home, and I want it to be as good as it possibly can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]