The iconic MMO raid boss, Ragnaros...........

89 Blood Elf Death Knight
The problem is that you have no context or perspective on the model you've seen a static image of.

1) Standing next to the full-sized, animated model will give you a very different perspective when you're looking up from his toenail
    2) Knowing that he will only come out of his lava pool to reveal his full figure in a Heroic-only phase of the fight will give you a bit more context

He's not just going to be running around the moment every raid reaches him. :)

Oh man, you dropped the bomb and spoiled the fight. I'm happy for the fact that he will be grounded, but I'm not happy that you spoiled a potentially epic moment. Thanks.

Let's be real here for a second. You weren't going to ever kill Ragnaros on heroic anyway. So why does it really matter?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
The problem is that you have no context or perspective on the model you've seen a static image of.

1) Standing next to the full-sized, animated model will give you a very different perspective when you're looking up from his toenail
    2) Knowing that he will only come out of his lava pool to reveal his full figure in a Heroic-only phase of the fight will give you a bit more context

TOO SOON! YOU HAVE SPOILED THE FIGHT TOO SOON ZARHYM!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
03/10/2011 3:46 PMPosted by Zarhym

Queue the Benny Hill theme song...
Reply Quote
03/10/2011 3:47 PMPosted by Allynn
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9461/ragnalol.png

^ WIN!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

You act like ripping datamined information can be misinterpreted out of context and/or manipulated to produce a false/biased point of view.

Well sir, I believe you are wrong. My cursory glance at said image has given me all the information I need to deeply and mercilessly criticize not only the issue at hand, but your entire business and design model as well. And I have many, many self-gratifying forum threads to prove I am right.
Edited by Odok on 3/10/2011 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

That's excellent to hear. I'm afraid I'm with the people who honestly find him far LESS threatening with the legs than without. I think he looks rather silly, and I find it odd that he doesn't fit with the models of the other elemental lords anymore. But, I suppose, different strokes for different folks, and it's a matter of taste.

I just know that I will never stop being reminded, for some reason, of Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror every time I see Rag+legs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

TOO SOON! YOU HAVE SPOILED THE FIGHT TOO SOON ZARHYM!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/10/2011 3:46 PMPosted by Zarhym

Please no, I had enough of the ridiculously oversized bosses in BT. I want to be able to see more than part of his foot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Why haven't we found another model of him without the legs, then?

Please tell me it's just not done yet and you aren't planning on reusing his Molten Core model...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So why human shaped legs? Why not Tauren or Blood Elf or Gnome...
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
03/10/2011 4:22 PMPosted by Mimdu
Posting in a LEGendary thread.

Ha!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/10/2011 4:24 PMPosted by Aurturis
I don’t think a lot of you understand; perspective is a large part of art design. The designers probably designed the model looking upwards from his feet. I bet you Rags’ll look epic when you see him in person

This is sort of what I was getting at with my first point. The perspective is completely different when a player character is standing near him. The proportions were designed with that in mind, which is why the screenshot of the model really doesn't do Ragnaros justice at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]