The iconic MMO raid boss, Ragnaros...........

90 Human Death Knight

Now the qqers will have something else to complain about. Some people just need to complain...nice try helping out but dont sweat it zar

Please no, I had enough of the ridiculously oversized bosses in BT. I want to be able to see more than part of his foot.

Yup the qq doesnt end one way or another

it's a legitimate complaint even if you want to say "lol, qq"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
There are some things legs just do not belong on... Such as Snakes, Worms, and Ragnoros.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Ragnaros, the literal tank and spank with adds that spawn occasionally, the iconic MMO raid boss?

Maybe the generic MMO raid boss.

Now now, he did look badass.

Then you go back 81 times cuz Hunters want 8pc Dragonstalker...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is it just me or does Rag with legs have the posture of a orc?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
So... Raggy flashes you in heroic mode?

There are many ways to broadcast that you're gettin' serious... taking off your skirt is not one of them. Unless it's that kind of serious.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
What I find most amusing is that his legs aren't that bad; it's his arms that are super-long.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
"No no, you see, it's cool. He's REALLY, REALLY BIG!"

So you're saying those legs are the part we'll be attacking?

Maybe he'll poke people with his toes a bit, while he's at it? Maybe punting us. Will he have a move called hot-foot, a literal hot foot? Wait, is that why you added the legs? Because he's so big you thought he needed a few tap-dancing moves to round out his attack rotation?

Well, he'll probably still use his hammer, right? When he bends over to hit people with his hands, will those behind him get a nice view of his hot, hot buns?

The legs would've literally made more sense if there was a "tiny-sized" Ragnaros stage to the encounter. Bigger does not make it better.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
Ragnaros, the first Elemental Lord to make it into the game, the reason why Al'Akir, Neptulon, and even Therazane (who has a legged daughter), don't have legs... now has legs. Look, people are going to mock it, and they have a right to.

He's the guy who invented that look. Now everyone is sporting it, so he's, what, saying "Being a raw, unrestrained surge of the element you represent is so last week! As the leader in elemental fashion, I've got a hot new look to show off! Oh, won't they be surprised when I emerge from the lava-sea. I call this new fashion... The Little Mermaid."

Also, the fact that we basically just poke the biggest of the bosses in the heels until they go down (from a WICKED case of charlie-horse!) is a running joke. It's something people mock - not something people want more of.
Edited by Loteno on 3/10/2011 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
8 Troll Hunter
rag, kil'jaeden, and sinestra are so cool because we're not stabbing their feet, we're actually hitting their midsection and they're still kind of tall

so it's good to know that his gimpy legs will be rarely seen
Edited by Sephres on 3/10/2011 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ki
SOOOO...

Now that we've been told he comes out with legs only in heroic mode

We can all rest assured we'll still see his swirlyness and 90% of the community wont see those sexy legs of his
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
03/10/2011 5:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don’t think a lot of you understand; perspective is a large part of art design. The designers probably designed the model looking upwards from his feet. I bet you Rags’ll look epic when you see him in person

This is sort of what I was getting at with my first point. The perspective is completely different when a player character is standing near him. The proportions were designed with that in mind, which is why the screenshot of the model really doesn't do Ragnaros justice at all.

Will ragnaros have his swirl thing when he isn't out of the center or his room or whatnot?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don’t think a lot of you understand; perspective is a large part of art design. The designers probably designed the model looking upwards from his feet. I bet you Rags’ll look epic when you see him in person

This is sort of what I was getting at with my first point. The perspective is completely different when a player character is standing near him. The proportions were designed with that in mind, which is why the screenshot of the model really doesn't do Ragnaros justice at all.

Sorry, The Firelord, he who was ancient when the world was young, shouldn't have legs. Spindly or not.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I'm not sure how many people play in the first person, but everyone can zoom out their camera pretty far. Ruining the "perspective" and revealing the hilarity of the proportions.

Anyway, how does perspective explain the other proportional mishaps in the game like human male forearms or blood elf female weapons?
Reply Quote
03/10/2011 4:14 PMPosted by Weirdwolf
Knowing that he will only come out of his lava pool to reveal his full figure in a Heroic-only phase of the fight will give you a bit more context

36-24-36 and Platinum blonde?

lmfao
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage

But why does he need legs in the first place?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It should also be noted that Rag's original look is also not particularly impressive when seen in a model viewer without his particle effects.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/10/2011 5:59 PMPosted by Crystavil

But why does he need legs in the first place?
Because there's a fight phase in which he's mobile, and his normal model doesn't work for walking on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hard mode or not, it doesn't make any sense for him to suddenly grow appendages and what not.

I really feel that you have spoiled the original design with this no matter what you want to spin on it. Don't fix what isn't broken etc.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Ragnaros, the first Elemental Lord to make it into the game, the reason why Al'Akir, Neptulon, and even Therazane (who has a legged daughter), don't have legs... now has legs. Look, people are going to mock it, and they have a right to.

He's the guy who invented that look. Now everyone is sporting it, so he's, what, saying "Being a raw, unrestrained surge of the element you represent is so last week! As the leader in elemental fashion, I've got a hot new look to show off! Oh, won't they be surprised when I emerge from the lava-sea. I call this new fashion... The Little Mermaid."

Also, the fact that we basically just poke the biggest of the bosses in the heels until they go down (from a WICKED case of charlie-horse!) is a running joke. It's something people mock - not something people want more of.

Actually, Therazane does have legs. The reason you probably haven't noticed is that they're so small you can only really see them from the side or the back and are even smaller in proportion to her body than Ragnaros's are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]