The iconic MMO raid boss, Ragnaros...........

90 Night Elf Druid
The problem is that you have no context or perspective on the model you've seen a static image of.

1) Standing next to the full-sized, animated model will give you a very different perspective when you're looking up from his toenail
    2) Knowing that he will only come out of his lava pool to reveal his full figure in a Heroic-only phase of the fight will give you a bit more context

He's not just going to be running around the moment every raid reaches him. :)

All that stuff about perspective is well and good, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the CONCEPT of Ragnaros, an elemental being, being fashioned with / creating legs for himself.

He's an incarnation of fire. Legs, especially those designed in the bipedal fashion, are extremely awkward for anything with an alternative.

Why do elemental lords have to look more and more humanoid? First there's a being of wind wearing turbans and armor that looks like it's made of cloth, and now Rag is using legs to travel around and risk tripping opposed to, I don't know, RIDING A WAVE OF MAGMA?

But then, we're talking about the same art team that supposedly thinks Moonkin are a "cool" looking form for every Balance druid to be perpetually combat-stuck in, so...

*headshake*
Edited by Daystar on 3/10/2011 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I don't know. Rag was no C'thun.

C'thun now... that was a boss.

This
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
03/10/2011 4:18 PMPosted by Lissanna
You guys are no fun. I like the new model.

new armor and all ok but using the NE male model for it? the legs say it all i think they only need to make it a lil longer : P
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The problem is that you have no context or perspective on the model you've seen a static image of.

1) Standing next to the full-sized, animated model will give you a very different perspective when you're looking up from his toenail
    2) Knowing that he will only come out of his lava pool to reveal his full figure in a Heroic-only phase of the fight will give you a bit more context

So what you're really saying is only 0.1% of the population will have to put up with the ugly legs. Coz that's about how well your raids are tuned atm.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So you all are deciding that his proportions are humanesq?

He is not human why should his proportions be?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Loved the pic of him with Xzibits head and the text
"Yo dog we heard you like legs"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
So you all are deciding that his proportions are humanesq?

He is not human why should his proportions be?

The problem isn't that his proportions aren't human, it's that they look silly.

Tyrannosaurs are big and scary, but that doesn't stop their arms looking goofy, or being the subject of jokes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I personally look forward to seeing raggy walk around and golf-swing a goblin all the way to outland. Sure his legs look iffy, but it's also PTR, which gets changed a lot.

Besides, in MC he was stationary. If the MC fight's damage and HP were buffed up to current raid standards, Raggy would be on farm for every noob group there is, because he's just an easy fight. Now he's up, moving around, and ready this time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I still like the old no legs model much more than the new model.

It looks weird, even when we have not the real perspective yet.

To me, ragnaros is a no legged elemental, so this new guy IS NOT ragnaros, period. You may name it like ragnaros, but it won't be ragna.

ALso, the head looks silly, that's not a perpective problem, it just looks silly.
Edited by Gromahk on 3/11/2011 3:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Is it supposed to be more interesting when you spoil content?

I'll offer that one of the reasons people get tired of this game faster is that content that isn't even available for months is completely spoiled ahead of time.
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Warrior
I don't see the fuss here..

I've been playing since Vanilla, and I find this great.

Remember how he was summoned, famously, "TOO SOON!"?

Did you not think there was more to him than that if he was fully summoned?

Kil'Jaeden had legs, too, as we have seen outside of SWP.

As Zarhym said, it's not like he's going to be running around like one of the Twin Emps, all over the place. He's going to be fully summoned, in is full form, in one stage of a heroic version of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
03/10/2011 3:46 PMPosted by Zarhym

Rag is nothing more than an oversized NE model. Not unlike twin emps.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
What's most funny about this is that the original complaint when he was originally announced was:

Not Ragnaros, again! Stop redoing content!

Now it's:

Ragnaros is an awesome boss, but now he has legs. That ruins it!
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
How could some of you even consider that a spoiler? It's like George Lucas telling us that Darth Vader flings stuff at Luke via the Force in ESB. It isn't that big of a deal, and considering that we've seen a picture of his legs, we know we will see them at some point during the fight.

Get a grip.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
03/10/2011 5:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don’t think a lot of you understand; perspective is a large part of art design. The designers probably designed the model looking upwards from his feet. I bet you Rags’ll look epic when you see him in person

This is sort of what I was getting at with my first point. The perspective is completely different when a player character is standing near him. The proportions were designed with that in mind, which is why the screenshot of the model really doesn't do Ragnaros justice at all.

You better not be getting my hopes up. =/
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

All that stuff about perspective is well and good, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the CONCEPT of Ragnaros, an elemental being, being fashioned with / creating legs for himself.

He's an incarnation of fire. Legs, especially those designed in the bipedal fashion, are extremely awkward for anything with an alternative.

Why do elemental lords have to look more and more humanoid? First there's a being of wind wearing turbans and armor that looks like it's made of cloth, and now Rag is using legs to travel around and risk tripping opposed to, I don't know, RIDING A WAVE OF MAGMA?

But then, we're talking about the same art team that supposedly thinks Moonkin are a "cool" looking form for every Balance druid to be perpetually combat-stuck in, so...

*headshake*

How do you know it's the elementals trying to look human, maybe it's the humans trying to look like elementals. Maybe the elemental wore the turban first.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
TWO SHOES EXECUTUS!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]