Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

85 Tauren Paladin
03/11/2011 2:48 AMPosted by Kultiras
All the people talking about how ZA and ZG are going to be the same as they were at 60 and 70 haven't been keeping up with MMO champion. >.>

I'll admit, when I first saw they were bringing ZA and ZG back, I was a bit upset. But then I realized that they were actually changing the instances and not just keeping them the way they were previously.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Mine too. Karazhan is so well done and has so much personality.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
03/10/2011 8:14 PMPosted by Vigîlånçè
And if you truely were a big BC player, you think about it like that, and it's just magic again. Everytime I go back to any BC raid for gear collecting on this toon, i have about a million stories i could tell, and that's how it should be, Sadly, for WOTLK i can only talk about Ulduar in such a way (Even though i missed most of it), the rest is just rage with the exception of the first Lich King kill. A game is truely worth it when you can do something like that, if all you think about when you remember previous raids is Boring old mechanics and stupid things, then like me with most of WOTLK, then the game just hasn't been worth playing imo.(Hence why i stopped playing for extended periods throughout WOTLK)

same here, though i never got into sunwell on my pally we did do a bit of black temple, my raiding group never actually killed kael or vajsh which annoyed me, but we did down everything else.

ulduar, and the lich king fight were really the only parts of wotlk that impressed me from a gameplay standpoint, dont get me wrong, i loved the lore - i wanted to see how arthas got his due that and i liked the feel of ulduar, i got to vezax then got kicked out of my guild because i protested them refusing to invite someone because they were 15 gearscore lower than the guilds requirements.
i kept taking breaks during wrath, i went to play other stuff ... which i hadnt done till that point, and ive been playing since Draenor Server in Europe went live.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Except that's exactly what you(Blizzard) have told us recently.
That you took a number of people that worked on WoW and have moved them on to Titan.
So really, yes, that does happen.

That wasn't at all the context of the post to which I was responded. That player was suggesting that a singular art team directs their attention away from WoW to work on art for our other games. That's not true.

Now, if an individual person does move onto a new project, their position is filled. Therefore, the resources are still there (which is why I said "in the sense you're suggesting"). This is how career advancement works at any company. How else do you account for a company's growth? You bring in new talent (or move them up from within the company) and train them under the current folks so they can eventually fill the vacancy.

This talk about losing WoW developers, or that WoW is left to a "B team" is getting tiresome. There is no finite pool of talent and we have every intention of making sure WoW development remains very strong.

All of this is practically besides the point anyway. All you've been told is some talented people who helped build WoW into what it is today have moved over to another project to help bring it to fruition. You don't know who those people are, what positions they held on the WoW team, or how many of them have moved onto other projects. Most of them, in fact, are programmers working to develop the systems and tech for a new project. And the programmers WoW has now are amazing. They've taken the original systems and improved upon them many times over.

Just as an example, think back to how slowly UI improvements would be implemented in vanilla and TBC. Now there are scores of great UI improvements nearly every patch. That team is incredible and very experienced. Just the same, the class design team has hardly changed in years, save for a couple of additions (read: not subtractions).

Every department at Blizzard has expanded immensely over the years to accommodate the growing playerbase, as well as our ambitions for the future of the company. You can look at our job opportunities page just to get an example for the talent search we have constantly going on.

Bringing in new talent and growing the company from within is far from a bad thing. It's a great thing and has allowed us to develop several projects simultaneously without short-changing any of them. Anyone who says otherwise is working on an incredible amount of speculation and assumptions.

And even still, the WoW development leadership remains largely unchanged. Every time I stop by to chat with these people -- the same people I've been interacting with for years now -- I'm inspired by their creativity, their talent, and their dedication to making this game mega-awesomesauce. ;)

The point is, this expansion in particular, has a lot of problems, the designs have less quality (i'm not talking about art here, just designs, map distribution beign an example), the roles are not even near in challenge (more challenge to healers, almost no extra challenge to dps), problems that were greatly reported on ptr, yet they were not looked up till on live (because lets face it, it they were looked up, anyone that have looked them up would realised the problem).

Now, the only reasonable explanation for this dump in quality for the general public is that developers were moved out to another project.

So, ok, that's not the problem you say to us, ok, then you should look after for the source of the problem.
Edited by Gromahk on 3/11/2011 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I quit due to all of this, I cancelled my Sub for 3 accounts. Doing the same thing over and over got boring, On to RIFT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
03/11/2011 3:44 AMPosted by Dosloco
I quit due to all of this, I cancelled my Sub for 3 accounts. Doing the same thing over and over got boring, On to RIFT

see you in 2 months!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
With all due respect...can you blame your players talking about a "B-team" with all the hotfix snafus you've made?

If you want respect, you have to earn it. We bought and expect a polished game, not for our classes to be changed over and over and over.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I still don't understand why this is a big deal or maybe I gave the WoW community too much credit. When Six Flags announced the closure and rebuilt of the Texas Giant everyone jumped for joy or a better example and Orange Countyish The Haunted Mansion, when the same thing happens here for Zul people complain. To me they are one and the same, same place, same name, different feel and different mechanics. In the end it's Blizzard's game.

edited to included a better well known example
Edited by Ichikitsune on 3/11/2011 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/10/2011 5:32 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just as an example, think back to how slowly UI improvements would be implemented in vanilla and TBC. Now there are scores of great UI improvements nearly every patch. That team is incredible and very experienced. Just the same, the class design team has hardly changed in years, save for a couple of additions (read: not subtractions).

Good to know that the class designers still pretty consistently hate the hybrid-healer specs with a burning passion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I honestly love they idea I didn't start playing until Wrath, and quit because I couldn't afford it and came back in cata, so I'm not upset with them making old content new and improved.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter

This talk about losing WoW developers, or that WoW is left to a "B team" is getting tiresome. There is no finite pool of talent and we have every intention of making sure WoW development remains very strong.

Given that the number of humans are finite, then the talent pool is finite, and given that most humans aren't very creative its smaller still.
But the b team talk may arise from the fact it makes a certain amount of sense, and is used in 'rl' - take Apple for instance, they have an A team which always works on the latest "big thing", and are then moved from project to project - and the other teams which aspire to one day be on the A team. And it clearly works for Apple.

Just as an example, think back to how slowly UI improvements would be implemented in vanilla and TBC. Now there are scores of great UI improvements nearly every patch. That team is incredible and very experienced.

Except they haven't added a way to resize individual frames and make the text LARGER and more readable. Its fine for the kids with perfect vision, but for those us who find it hard to read the small print we are just screwed, since blizzard apparently think its fine to discriminate in this area. I'm not that impressed.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
03/10/2011 1:02 PMPosted by Mauras
Nothing was redone in BC. So no.

They still cared back in BC. Remember attunements and Karazhan? They still put in effort back in.
Edited by Sephyx on 3/11/2011 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]