Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

25 Blood Elf Priest
I left because of game play redesign. Homogenzation. 31 point talent trees at 85? Give me a break. Cookie cutter builds are boring.

Right. Because cookie cutter builds never really got a foothold on the game when the larger talent trees were in existence. They became inevitable with Cataclysm.

Really? That's what you're saying?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
It seems Blizzard's strategy is as follows:

1) Ignore customer complaints

Ignore? So you're saying that Blizzard ignored the player base when everyone whined about how hard it was to raid in vanilla because all we had were 40-man raids? They didn't release any 10/20/25 man content after that, did they? You're saying that Blizzard ignored the player base when everyone whined about how how attunements for raids were painfully long and unnecessary? They didn't take out attunements after that, did they? You're saying that Blizzard ignored the player base when everyone whined about how content was hard in Vanilla and Burning Crusade? They didn't make Lich King easy, did they?

There's a difference between ignoring trolling, whining cry-babies and ignoring your player base. Get it right.

03/11/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Nergalnerull
2) When forced to acknowledge the complaints call the complainers liars and cry babies

See above. =)

3) When customers show that they are not lying call their complaints tiresome

Again, there's a difference. Are you complaining about something just to complain, or are you complaining to be constructive? Make one good post and be a constructive customer and maybe you'll get noticed. Make a thread that says "WAHHHHAHAAAA I HATE IT WHEN LAZY DEV TEAMS JUST GIVE ME THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER" and expect to be ignored.

4) Release new MMO and hope no one remembers how bad you treated the customer base.

If you think they treat you that bad, stop paying them. It's really that simple. Go into your account screen and click the cancel button. Then go play any other MMO and expect to get better results. I dare you.

Youre clearly a troll coming in here on a 61 alt making nonsense fanboi talking points about how they fixed stuff 6 years ago so give them another 3 months to fix all the issues this expansion launched with... maybe you should demand more from the people you pay for a quality product rather than rolling over and a taking a corporate pounding like a little sheeple.
Reply Quote
2 Goblin Rogue
03/10/2011 5:32 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just the same, the class design team has hardly changed in years, save for a couple of additions (read: not subtractions).

Well that explains why hunters still don't work properly.. now dosen't it.
Edited by Trazodone on 3/11/2011 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
03/10/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Cheesecake
You will all be properly compensated with a rare Feat of Strength: "I'm Not Even Supposed to be Here Today."

Awesome....
Reply Quote
Now, if an individual person does move onto a new project, their position is filled. Therefore, the resources are still there (which is why I said "in the sense you're suggesting"). This is how career advancement works at any company. How else do you account for a company's growth? You bring in new talent (or move them up from within the company) and train them under the current folks so they can eventually fill the vacancy.

This talk about losing WoW developers, or that WoW is left to a "B team" is getting tiresome. There is no finite pool of talent and we have every intention of making sure WoW development remains very strong.

The 'new talent' you speak of seem to be pissing a lot of people off lately.... PVE and PVP related.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
there are people who against and for it. these are 2 different groups of people, lets make the groups

A- the people who don't want recycled content, because they are tired of seeing them again,filled with mostly vanilla players or players who have farming mounts from these places for a long time, and probably done these instances countless times and do not want to see the same boss fights again.

B- Don't care if its recycled content or not, all they care about is epic lewtz. filled with people who doesn't care about anything but epic lewts to make them happy or ones who never been to ZG or ZA.

personally as a raider i don't really care unless if they are raids , 5 heroics are not going to help me in anyway, but maybe in next expansion, the only reason i might do them is for achievements.
Edited by Deäthcow on 3/11/2011 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
so, blues just said blizz has its own art team for each project, well i think the art team for world of warcraft is made of the most un -creative ppl. lets start with this expanple. look at dungeon design/ armor design etc for Burning crusade (Black Temple, Sunwell etc) i can say ppl still think those design were the best in the game and BLIZZARD knows this, what they do instead?? Wrath of the Lich King comes out and the first Tier Design is a copy of vanilla armor design /wrist the next patches on WOTLK killed even more the art on armor etc, another thing i dont understand is with all these expantion and patches blizz doesnt change the animation of toons or give more faces, or more stuff to make your character unique and diferent from others, same with pvp gear, remember in BC how pvp gear was acquired in BC you had the best pvpers in BRutal gear, the So/So pvpers in Vengeful Gear, The Ez Gear (honor pts gear) pvpers in Merciless Gear, again im not taking about stats or the way they gain the armor, is about the design variations on all gear and weapons depending on the bracket. Now when cata came out everybody was expecting a bunch of new stuff and designs and world enviroment, the whole world beign remap and all that was cool, but the armor designs again are killer, i thinkt he art department focus on a theme or genre or something... and design the whole armor based on that, the theme for this expantion is..... ALADIN LOL j/k . but seriously doesnt almost all the armor and weapon on this expantion resemble some Arab warrior, or arab Mage, or Middle East Hunter, and of course tier and heroic tier have the same design only different colors im sorry but thats way to cheap, changing colors of gear makes me think the art team is lazy and doesnt want to b creative im sorry if im being demanding but we pay for this game and we expect the best service, not only balancing the mechanics of the game but also on the art side.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I especially love how people keep saying that Blizzard is more interested in their next big MMO then concerned with WoW and its followers.
From a business perspective, it makes no sense. Why would Blizzard stop caring about the ONE game that gives them 11+ million active payments every months? Why would they purposely try to alienate their player base when that same player base are the people they hope to attract with their next game?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
there are people who against and for it. these are 2 different groups of people, lets make the groups

A- the people who don't want recycled content, because they are tired of seeing them again,filled with mostly vanilla players or players who have farming mounts from these places for a long time, and probably done these instances countless times and do not want to see the same boss fights again.

B- Don't care if its recycled content or not, all they care about is epic lewtz. filled with people who doesn't care about anything but epic lewts to make them happy or ones who never been to ZG or ZA.

personally as a raider i don't really care unless if they are raids , 5 heroics are not going to help me in anyway, but maybe in next expansion, the only reason i might do them is for achievements.

As always, people overgeneralizing an entire population. I'm a Vanilla player, ran ZG and ZA a crap ton of times (hell, ZA was our small guild's progression back in TBC), and I'm excited about doing them again at 85. There will be very few pieces of gear that I'll need from them too, so it's NOT about the loot. It's about reliving something I enjoyed greatly back in the day, and not by going through old raids at 85 and plowing through the encounters that my gear and character level break the mechanics for. I'm looking forward to the new ZG fights and am excited to try ZA retuned for 85. Those were some of the best memories I have in this game.
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Druid
03/11/2011 7:20 PMPosted by Nergalnerull
Youre clearly a troll coming in here on a 61 alt making nonsense fanboi talking points about how they fixed stuff 6 years ago so give them another 3 months to fix all the issues this expansion launched with... maybe you should demand more from the people you pay for a quality product rather than rolling over and a taking a corporate pounding like a little sheeple.

So apparently troll = truth speaker nowadays. How do you know that this is my alt? You have no facts to prove otherwise. But the opinions and expressions you've put forth so far, I do have facts to prove against. So you're taking the typical troll approach navigating this conversation far from the source because *gasp* you were wrong. Grow up.

I like the content they've given me with this expansion, and I'm not at the point right now where I can experience all of the content (including raids, heroic dungeons, new pvp content) because I'm too busy enjoying everything else they gave me with Cata. The revamped old world, the new stories, the new starting zones, and I still have much more to do. Personally, re-introducing content that people were able to experience back in Classic and Burning Crusade is a really smart move. I meet plenty of people playing this game now that never got to see that content for what it was back when it came out and was used regularly. Most, if not all, want that content to come back, and a good portion of the community that did experience that content wants it back. So just because the very minuscule portion of the WoW community has backlashed against the rehashed old raids, that doesn't give anybody the grounds to call the Dev team lazy.

They've been giving you this game, with updates that include new gear, mounts, zones, quests, dungeons, and more for nearly 7 years now... is that lazy? No, it's not. I should probably remind all of you that, after the release of these dungeons, they also have plans to release The Firelands raid, which, as far as I'm concerned, looks like the best damn raid I've ever seen.

Using old content isn't lazy, it's efficient, and it's what their customers want. Stop whining about it. You can honestly just not do it. If you want to whine about a lazy dev team, go play another MMO that doesn't fix their bugs and glitches for several years and doesn't give you fresh new content every few months. They exist. Go troll on their forums.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/10/2011 1:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
There definitely is not a hard and fast rule about updating existing content. If we feel revamping existing content makes sense in the current state of the game and lore -- and we think it will be fun -- sure, it's a possibility. You definitely shouldn't expect this every patch though. In the grand scheme of World of Warcraft's history, we've reintroduced very little existing content per patch and expansion.

As long as the devs stick with 5-man content when reusing an old instance (even old raids converted to 5-man) I'm definitely cool with that. Raids... meh I'd rather have new raiding content mostly other than AQ40. I would love to see that remade as a 10/25 along with a new phased opening of the gates (still a massive pain questline though and no mount now but a different title say 'XXXX the Scarab Knight' or something like that).
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest

There's a 3rd type, much maligned among those that like to complain about everything:

C - The people who just play the game, enjoy whatever they're doing and don't bother to complain about the things they'd rather not do.

Amusingly enough, forum posters aside on either side, I'm guessing that C is a sizable group.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
One thing I would like to see is BRS, Scholo, Strath all brought back up to lvl 85 but make them 10 mans again. Put them back to pre-"scholo-nerf" times. And such.

When I hit lvl 85 and went back to do BRS and saw Drak and Emberseer not "boss" level but lvl 63 elites with just a paltry 68K HP I was disappointed. In Scholo I wouldnt mind getting my hands on an 85 equivalent to the Necropile set.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
can someone tell me why they have to remove the old dungeons. Another poster asked in this topic too.

I'm guessing that there are technical reasons for this relating to rules for naming items, locations, etc. in the WoW database. Just a guess though. There may be aesthetic reasons for it as well. And it would make for much larger patches, of course, since both versions would have to be there.

And there are certainly those out there who would point and laugh, much as they do now about Outland and in a thread I read just this morning, about Arthas being alive still.
Edited by Moanshadow on 3/12/2011 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]