Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

25 Blood Elf Priest
yeah but you can just add heroic modes. These dungeons are heroics only...

I'd prefer that they create normal/heroic versions for everything as well when they do this. And my answer doesn't speak to their ability to do that so perhaps a 'never mind' is in order on my part.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
03/10/2011 1:26 PMPosted by Mahdooks
There definitely is not a hard and fast rule about updating existing content. If we feel revamping existing content makes sense in the current state of the game and lore -- and we think it will be fun -- sure, it's a possibility. You definitely shouldn't expect this every patch though. In the grand scheme of World of Warcraft's history, we've reintroduced very little existing content per patch and expansion.

I honestly don't see what is wrong with revamping old content.

I mean IRL, look 20th century Germany, that instance was on farm content during WW1, they revamped and created an even stronger instance in WW2.

Nothing wrong with it.

Made me lol
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I'd pay real money for a patch or an x-pac with the old-school Alterac Valley. Like right around the time they switched to cross realm bg's.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
All I want is for blizz to stop bringing back Onyxia. Can she finally be dead now?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
03/10/2011 1:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
There definitely is not a hard and fast rule about updating existing content. If we feel revamping existing content makes sense in the current state of the game and lore -- and we think it will be fun -- sure, it's a possibility.

How about a revamp of Alterac Valley? That would be fun to play New Old AV.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
honestly i think its kinda "lazy" persay, althought it would be great why not get brand new instances.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I personally love the retro stuff!

Blizz does a great job of redoing it, and I really enjoy it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
i like that old content is getting bumped up, doing it back then was fun because it was challanging, i don't get that atm because old content is, old.

i still don't think that the old content should be removed entirely because there is new content. I'd like if both were avaliable for people who just want to collect an old set of gear to look cool while sitting in stormwind/org. if there was something on the portrait under "dungeon difficulty" and "raid difficulty" with a classic setting that would be lovely.
Reply Quote
66 Troll Hunter
i think if old content is going to be redone it should be content that not a lot of people have seen, for example most of the level 60 raids have not been seen by most of wow's players today. it would be up to blizz to decide if they were to be 10/25m raids or 5m heroics. or just buff the mobs and leave some of them 40m raids i think that would be cool, although getting 40 people can be a pain and might take a long time in some cases...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]