Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

85 Goblin Warlock
03/10/2011 1:52 PMPosted by Execuris
This is Cataclysm, the expansion of redoing old content.

Yes, indeed. Let's make a list of all the old content that has been redone.

ZA

ZG

??

Oh wait, that's it.

Deadmines and SFK don't really count.

Move along, troll.

You forgot all of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
03/10/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Floyce
I want to know if Old Content is going to be redone every patch or expansion.

Nothing was redone in BC. So no.

Kazzak
Edited by Araduun on 3/10/2011 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I like Heroic versions of old Dungeons. Please keep doing them.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
03/10/2011 1:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
In the grand scheme of World of Warcraft's history, we've reintroduced very little existing content per patch and expansion.

You cant take averages over such silly periods, please do not use statistics if you do not understand them. Since WotLK you have introduced a lot of existing content, at a growing rate...and now at the cost of real content.

I think it might be fine for people who joined since WotLk, since it is new to them, but for those of us who have been here from the start, your loyal customers, its very unprofessional.

I loved this game, I played it for 6 years I had to. 4.1 is over the line.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Look, I don't like a lot of what the game is anymore, and think Cataclysm has been, broadly, a low point. But I don't see how bringing back two dungeons/areas that have been completely irrelevant for years and giving them a fresh reason to exist constitutes a bad move on the part of developers.

I think it is smart. Empty, unplayed content shouldn't de facto always stand empty, untouched and unplayed simply as a monument to people who went through it when it was fresh. That's pointless. Either WoW is a world that is allowed to evolve and grow as the story moves, or it's a corpse with lively maggots piled up in its eyes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
03/10/2011 2:11 PMPosted by Jile
4.1 is over the line.

There's a line? Where'd that come from?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Phantasy Star... Online... oxymoron? Phantasy Star stopped being fun after the fourth game which was on the Sega Genesis... the only thing the other games have in common is the title... >.>

I don't know about you, but PSO on the Dreamcast was some of the most fun I've had in an MMO. Good times, good times...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
i got no problem with new versions of old dungeons as long as you fix the issue with pvp ques ... :P
i like to do a bit of both so its a pain in the butt if i have to wait for 30 mins for a 6 min que 5-6 times, its sortof local awareness and reaction time training for me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

I honestly don't see what is wrong with revamping old content.

I mean IRL, look 20th century Germany, that instance was on farm content during WW1, they revamped and created an even stronger instance in WW2.

Nothing wrong with it.

LOL.

You sir, deserve a celebratory high-five. As I only have three cow-fingers, I will look for a human to do it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Hey I was just wondering if there was any discussion about this on the forums at all.

I want to know if Old Content is going to be redone every patch or expansion.

- Naxx 40 was made into a 25 man and moved to Northrend.

I only agree with this decision because so many people didn't do it. Only my guild and 2 other guilds got to do it at the time.

- Onyxia classic turned into a 10/25 for Wrath for the anniversary? I didn't understand the point of this honestly.

- ZA turning into a level 85 heroic dungeon. So the 10 man level 70 raid disappears.

- ZG turning into a level 85 heroic dungeon. I thought this place would be a cool leveling area or something with phased quests.

So what is next? My guess is the AQ's because there is that unfinished zone of AQ that you can fly over.

We already know about ZG/ZA. We took out Hakkar and took out Zul'Jin. The dungeons are the exact same, the amount of players is just reduced and maybe some new mechanics. It's pretty much the same thing.

I was wondering if this is a trend that is going to be happening now?

My personal opinion is I would rather see some good new content built on lore that is fresh.

Feel free to discuss.

I stopped farming Karazhan, not because the gold is getting nerfed but because it's being brought back in 4.2 as a heroic dungeon.

Also, did you know Arthas and Illidan were the final bosses of the next expansion, gated by Onyxia and Nefarian? We'll turn in the dragons' respective fourth and third heads to craft the key that opens the final lair.
Edited by Tekemay on 3/10/2011 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
I think striking a balance between revamping the old and introducing the new is an ideal approach for Blizzard, better than just introducing new content. Assuming a revamp takes far less resoures (including time!) than developing new content from scratch, it allows Blizzard to accelerate the release of new endgame content. Keeping new content in the works at a steady pace is essential too, of course - it's just that the more instances there are to do for my dailies, and the more boss drop options I have for gear, the better. =P
Reply Quote
11 Human Warrior
I read a blue post about how the stories of ZA and ZG aren't over. They're very important troll cities, and they're now going to be giving us updated troll lore.

I don't have a problem with it just because it's "old content."

I mean, did you complain when they revamped the old world? You should have complained about that. Oh great, I leveled 1-60 a dozen times and Ashenvale is STILL a zone. GG Blizz reusing content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]