Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

I honestly don't see what is wrong with revamping old content.

I mean IRL, look 20th century Germany, that instance was on farm content during WW1, they revamped and created an even stronger instance in WW2.

Nothing wrong with it.

lol, good one
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I really wouldn't mind if they re-created every dungeon/raid up to level 85, but they need to leave some way for people who want to collect tier sets to get them. T0 and T0.5 are gone, T3 are no more, there are no T1.5 (what we called the ZG sets). These need to be available for those who want to go back and get them somehow.

There is too much removing of old "stuff" rather than leaving it in for new players or alts to have. Let the final bosses of lbrs/ubrs, etc drop 1-2 pieces. TBC greens are better, so it's not something that would be overpowered for level 60s to casually get
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Im not impressed with the very questionable rehashing of old content and branding it as new.

We are no fools.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/10/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Floyce
My personal opinion is I would rather see some good new content built on lore that is fresh.

My personal opinion is that I would rather see a thread with some good new content built on discussion that is fresh.

This has been talked to death already. There's absolutely nothing wrong with bringing some old things back. It's the natural thing to do in the telling of a story. Characters and places reoccur all the time.

The lore will be "fresh" as you say for the new ZA/ZG and it's leading up to an even bigger Troll story coming up eventually with new content according to blues. Most likely Zandalar Island will be implemented very soon.
Edited by Glowyrm on 3/10/2011 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
You are aware that every revamp fits in with lore right, aside from onyxia coming back?

Are you going to be upset when we fight Kil'jaeden again, because let me tell you he isn't dead.

Also, what's wrong with updating content to fit the current lore? I personally don't enjoy having 20gb of game on my computer that I don't use.
Reply Quote
Would like to see the 1-60 dungeons revamped instead. That #!@@ is the same exact thing as when I played in 05.
Reply Quote
03/10/2011 3:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
And let's get real - we know why you're recycling old content. With the next Starcraft 2 expansion, Diablo 3, and an "unannounced MMO" all in production, I'm guessing the art team has its hands full. Recycling old content is an easy way to create a "new" instance with old art assets.

There isn't a singular Blizzard Entertainment art team. Each franchise has its own art department. We don't just pull resources from one project to give more attention to another in the sense you're suggesting. This is why we have multiple development teams (which include art teams for each) and can work on multiple franchises simultaneously.

What about the tier armor artists? They didn't do a very good job on this current tier at all. Especially for rogues. The blue sets look much better than the raid sets and actually fit with the themes of the classes. Move those guys on to the tier design.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
03/10/2011 3:36 PMPosted by Glowyrm
My personal opinion is I would rather see some good new content built on lore that is fresh.

My personal opinion is that I would rather see a thread with some good new content built on discussion that is fresh.

This has been talked to death already. There's absolutely nothing wrong with bringing some old things back. It's the natural thing to do in the telling of a story. Characters and places reoccur all the time.

The lore will be "fresh" as you say for the new ZA/ZG and it's leading up to an even bigger Troll story coming up eventually with new content according to blues. Most likely Zandalar Island will be implemented very soon.

Actually what I was thinking and am hoping for is that we will finally get to enter Gun'drak. Being told all through zul'drak that the trolls fought back the scourge and then not bing able to take them on in their castle disappointed me. It's coming, I know it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Remaking content in my opinion is just another way for bliz to see a double return on initial investment due to the instances are already created and need minor changes if any at all. just think about the past remakes they were either included to boost release content of an xpack or to give us a reason to wait for stuff we want. ZA&ZG releases also kinda make me mad due to the fact that all content drops will be 353 thus providing nothing to raiders whom already are full epic if the content was 359 and tuned harder(its a joke atm) we would see people doing it for stat optimization which wold include all current raiders whom are not in full heroic grade epic.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/10/2011 3:46 PMPosted by Cýn
BWL is arguably redone in BWD and molten core is about to be redone with firelands

Is your definition of rehashed content deduced to the names of bosses being the same? There will always be recurring characters in World of Warcraft, as there is in any fantasy story telling. :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
03/10/2011 3:48 PMPosted by Alyndra

There isn't a singular Blizzard Entertainment art team. Each franchise has its own art department. We don't just pull resources from one project to give more attention to another in the sense you're suggesting. This is why we have multiple development teams (which include art teams for each) and can work on multiple franchises simultaneously.

What about the tier armor artists? They didn't do a very good job on this current tier at all. Especially for rogues. The blue sets look much better than the raid sets and actually fit with the themes of the classes. Move those guys on to the tier design.

It's all personal opinion. Ever tier has sets that people think look worse than level 1 gray items, but other people love it. I like the rogue tier for this tier, it fees very Tol'virish.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally wish they would spend more time updating old content that is used *a lot*. Like Alterac Valley.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
03/10/2011 2:50 PMPosted by Hakkoda
We ARE getting new content. We have been. What do you call Ulduar, and ToGC and ICC? And a whole new expansion. Three new raids, with new stories. And the upcoming Firelands patch.

You see, you really shouldn't have added the Trial of the Crusader in there.

That wasn't a raid, it was the third ring of blood, with epics added in.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Remaking content in my opinion is just another way for bliz to see a double return on initial investment due to the instances are already created and need minor changes if any at all. just think about the past remakes they were either included to boost release content of an xpack or to give us a reason to wait for stuff we want. ZA&ZG releases also kinda make me mad due to the fact that all content drops will be 353 thus providing nothing to raiders whom already are full epic if the content was 359 and tuned harder(its a joke atm) we would see people doing it for stat optimization which wold include all current raiders whom are not in full heroic grade epic.

5 mans should be about getting your gear to a point that you can raid, not a side option to gear up without raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
03/10/2011 3:52 PMPosted by Raide
We ARE getting new content. We have been. What do you call Ulduar, and ToGC and ICC? And a whole new expansion. Three new raids, with new stories. And the upcoming Firelands patch.

You see, you really shouldn't have added the Trial of the Crusader in there.

That wasn't a raid, it was the third ring of blood, with epics added in.

I and a lot of people enjoyed TOC, especially heroic. There are people that hate every tier of content, and there are also people who hop on the bandwagon and hate it just because a couple people in the community do. TOC was my second favorite raid of wrath. ICC just didn't have that epic feeling or story feeling that Ulduar did, and TOC felt like it belonged in the lore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]