Heroic Halls of Origination

85 Human Priest
I am annoyed with how everybody skips to the last boss...I've done this instance so many times in between all of my 85s enough to know how annoying it is. Alot of good gear is put onto the other bosses but groups don't want to do those they just want to skip to the last boss.

I just came from one of those groups, where 3 guildies (since blizzard made it that doing a guild group gives more guild rep, it's more common you find 3+ guildies together), me and another pug, i found myself outvoted 4/5 people wanted to just skip to the last boss when there are quite a few nice drops off the other 3 on the 2nd floor. Blood of Isiset, band of life energy, legwraps of astral rain...all of those drop from other bosses and none from Rajh, and all of them are upgrades for me.

Perhaps in the next patch you could possibly set it up so you can't just skip to the last boss and you have to complete the other 3 first? maybe like poles of light like you see in uldum that connect to activate the stone statue of Rajh? I am tired of getting gibbed in getting gear, this i believe falls under the rules of regulation of "interfering with another person's playing time" or something along those lines...cause my gear basically is determined by 4 other group members, where I'd say about 60% of the time is a bunch of guildies and about 98% of the time, people want to just skip to Rajh.

Please fix this for healers, dps, and anyone else that wants gear off the last few bosses in Heroic Halls of Origination (it's not so much a problem in reg cause you don't get valor and i found alot of groups went along with it).

edit: just making sure...but this is where i was supposed to post this i hope?
Edited by Holyprest on 3/13/2011 2:44 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
If you find you're getting out-voted, you should form a group of like-minded individuals before queueing, the old-fashioned way.
85 Human Priest
03/13/2011 2:51 PMPosted by Kyris
have you tried asking the tank?

someone didn't read the OP =/
85 Human Priest
i asked the entire group if we could please do the last few bosses and the replies i got from the tank was "i'd rather just get my valor", his guildies obviously said "agreed" and the druid (pug) went along with it....as i said i got a 4/5 vote they wanted to just skip to the last boss and this isn't the first time i've had this issue. On my mage when i wanted the chestpiece off of ammunae, when i wanted the nice mail pants for my healy shaman off settesh.

As i said before, about 98% of the groups i run into just want to skip to the last boss and it's annoying when i want to get gear off the other bosses i have asked many times, my next option (which i'll try tomorrow) is im going to get guildies so i can get the pieces i want, in which case most probably won't drop and i'll probably have to go again...so i find it stupid that your gearing is determined by the 4 other people in your group.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Most people would rather finish the dungeon as quickly as possible for the VP/JP and gold reward. It IS kind of bad for people who'd like to do the other bosses.
85 Human Priest
03/13/2011 2:59 PMPosted by Kyris

someone didn't read the OP =/

i scanned it, but i didnt see anything about actually ASKIGN the tanks to do these bosses.

You mean the part where she was "outvoted 4/5?"
85 Worgen Druid
Maybe they should make it so the Chaos Orb/JP/VP only drops off the last boss you KILL, and not the Rajh boss.

Makes sense. It should drop off the marrowgar clone before everyone quits the instance. That would be the last boss the group kills. Also, the first.
85 Draenei Priest
Or Blizzard could not put critical pieces of gear on optional bosses. That would mitigate some of the impact of boss skipping.

As a priest, I feel that Rogues are my natural enemies ;) But Throwing Weapon availability like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.16?filter=minle=333

Is just a cruel joke played on the sneaky bastards.
Edited by Tiakatt on 3/13/2011 3:04 PM PDT
100 Human Warrior
03/13/2011 3:01 PMPosted by Barand
Maybe they should make it so the Chaos Orb/JP/VP only drops off the last boss you KILL, and not the Rajh boss.

Makes sense. It should drop off the marrowgar clone before everyone quits the instance. That would be the last boss the group kills. Also, the first.

Somebody really misunderstood.
100 Human Warrior
Most people are now doing heroics for VP, not 346 gear that everyone already has.
85 Draenei Priest
Ciarge:

I am annoyed with how everybody skips to the last boss
85 Human Priest
03/13/2011 3:01 PMPosted by Barand

^^^^^^^ see, i've skipped the marrowgar clone boss so many times i completely forgot about it...maybe my idea wasn't too good, i like the idea of having chaos orb drop off the last boss and the last boss in fact being the marrowgar boss cause none of them are truly too difficult to be called a "final" boss (except possibly setesh....his portals are beastly, i believe they nerfed him in one of the last patches but i have yet to be able to see it...obviously).
100 Human Warrior
03/13/2011 3:04 PMPosted by Ciarge
the last boss is rahj. no one skips the last boss. they skip all the optional ones

TO the last boss, read first, please.
What if all the bosses shared loot tables? Rajh could drop stuff previously off Ammunae, Isiset could drop stuff previously off Setesh, etc
100 Human Priest
I don't think majority rules is unfair. 4/5 people wanted to skip. It would be one thing if 4 didn't want to skip and the tank or healer was whining that they wanted to skip but a very clear majority decided they wanted to skip. Sorry I'm just not seeing how this is unfair. Personally I think it's selfish to force your will upon 4 people. If I was in a group where everyone else wanted to do all bosses I would say politely "No thanks" and drop group without forcing them to waste a vote kick on me since clearly they had different goals.
Edited by Elliora on 3/13/2011 3:08 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]