Suggestion for portable reforger

85 Night Elf Druid
In last night's raid, one of our raiders noted he couldn't equip a new piece of gear because, even though we have access to gems via mobile banking and can enchant it on the fly, he couldn't reforge it and therefore would fall below a tipping point on a vital stat.

So how about a portable reforger? Something along the lines of Jeeves, scrap bot, portable mail box, et al.

Please add your yea/nay to his thread.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think a new engineering bot that could reforge/repair would be a perfect fit - an update to jeeves, a good way for in-progress upgrades to be addressed, etc. I don't even have an eng and I think this would be great.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't have an engineer either, but reforging has become as crucial as gemming and enchanting so it just makes sense to be able to do it on the fly like the others. We used to bring enchanting mats and gems to raids but now, without the ability to reforge, we don't bother since most players won't start using a new piece of gear until it's reforged properly, or worse, until all their gear has been reforged to adjust for the stats on the new piece.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Well originally it was supposed to be a crafter would reforge it to you, not some place in a major city. I liked the idea a lot, engineer reforges trinkets, BS weapons and plate, LW leather, tailor cloth, inscriptionist relics. They could have added enchanter for wands. I like what prof you have in groups mean something, but they blew through that idea in Wrath.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/14/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Setanta
I think a new engineering bot that could reforge/repair would be a perfect fit - an update to jeeves, a good way for in-progress upgrades to be addressed, etc.

My thoughts exactly.

:)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I like this idea. Maybe make it an engineering recipe attached to a guild achievement?

That said, wasn't the raider a hasty-hearth away from a reforger, and then a summoning stone away from the raid? It wouldn't have taken that log to get him to a reforger and back before you continued the raid, no?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Originally the reforging was not supposed to be mandatory. It still technically isnt but is really useful for optimizing stats. Reforging was meant to remove some stats while waiting for the next piece of gear to come around. I E "I already have too much hit but that waist is clearly an upgrade, let me remove some hit and make it better"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That said, wasn't the raider a hasty-hearth away from a reforger, and then a summoning stone away from the raid? It wouldn't have taken that log to get him to a reforger and back before you continued the raid, no?
Well the same could be said for repairing, gemming, chanting, et. al., yet we have scrap bots, Jeeves, mobile banking, etc. All I'm suggesting is to add reforging to that group of available-in-raid services by the same reasoning we added the others.
Reply Quote
How about BoE versions of Jeeves that enchanters can then enhance into reforgers? Gives engineers a means of turning a profit, while giving enchanters a new utility.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
While I do not mind this idea, playing devil's advocate:

while it is nice to be able to equip a gear upgrade right away and gem and enchant it (and reforge it), it is hardly an absolute necessity to do so.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/15/2011 2:47 PMPosted by Mikebeerd
while it is nice to be able to equip a gear upgrade right away and gem and enchant it (and reforge it), it is hardly an absolute necessity to do so.
Agree, but neither is repairing in raids, yet several means of doing so have been added to the game. Let's add reforging as well.

03/15/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Kurzaa
How about BoE versions of Jeeves that enchanters can then enhance into reforgers? Gives engineers a means of turning a profit, while giving enchanters a new utility.

I like this idea and I'd further suggest to make the recipes for doing both guild rewards, akin to seafood feasts, flask cauldrons, mass summons, and mass resurrections.
Edited by Treehuggur on 3/16/2011 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest

I wouldn't mind either way but the guy has a point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

And see my counterpoint in the post just above yours.

And let me add that something not being absolutely nesessary is hardly and argument for leaving it out of the game. I can think of many features of the present game that are not absolutely necessary but do improve gameplay. Portable reforging would be one that deserves the consideration of the development team.
Edited by Treehuggur on 3/16/2011 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/15/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Kurzaa
No Jeeves should only ever be usable by engineers. It is one of the perks that they imply justifies our lack of being able to actually make money.

It's bad enough Goblins got a mobile bank with a shorter cooldown and rocket jump that never backfires.

03/16/2011 8:13 AMPosted by Treehuggur
I like this idea and I'd further suggest to make the recipes for doing both guild rewards, akin to seafood feasts, flask cauldrons, mass summons, and mass resurrections.
I think there are more than enough guild reward only items in game already.

Throw it on Jeeves or let enchanters do it, make it, whatever.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
No Jeeves should only ever be usable by engineers. It is one of the perks that they imply justifies our lack of being able to actually make money.

I think there are more than enough guild reward only items in game already.

Throw it on Jeeves or let enchanters do it, make it, whatever.
Fair enough.
Reply Quote
I agree Treehuggur.

In Fact I made a post about this back in January: "Engineering Idea - Allow Jeeves to Reforge"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869410197#3

This would be a small convenience to allow raiders to fully customize their piece of loot immediately.
Edited by Kalilah on 3/16/2011 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

And see my counterpoint in the post just above yours.

And let me add that something not being absolutely nesessary is hardly and argument for leaving it out of the game. I can think of many features of the present game that are not absolutely necessary but do improve gameplay. Portable reforging would be one that deserves the consideration of the development team.

My point was that having mobile reforging would be a convenience nothing more. And while convenience features are all over the game, I would not count on any one convenience feature being implemented at time soon; just think about all the addon mimicking features that have been added YEARS after the addon gained popularity.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In Fact I made a post about this back in January: "Engineering Idea - Allow Jeeves to Reforge"

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869410197#3">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869410197#3</a>
Well crud, I wish I had found that before posting this, and had just added my, "good idea," to your thread. Still, I hope this discussion has reminded the development team of your idea and helps move it to the front burner.

Since the idea has been out there for the devs to consider for some time I'll let this thread die of natural causes and cease to track it. However, feel free to continue to add your nays/yeas as you see fit.
Edited by Treehuggur on 3/16/2011 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]