Allow Skinning without looting everything.

58 Orc Death Knight
Pretty much the title.

I play on Oceanic Ping, and it usually takes me 2 seconds to completely loot a mob just so I can skin it. I know that 2 seconds might not seem like alot, but when you're farming for a certain amount of leather, it adds up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
use loot all?
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
03/15/2011 3:23 AMPosted by Feyrband
use loot all?

It's not taking me 2 seconds, because I'm clicking on every loot. It's taking me a long time to loot because my ping is high.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
But then I won't be able to leave loot on mobs to prevent free-loading skinners from making money off me....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
No way, and I have skinners. I'd have people following me around and skinning before I could loot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/15/2011 4:51 AMPosted by Deamill
But then I won't be able to leave loot on mobs to prevent free-loading skinners from making money off me....

This pretty much.

I'm sure every skinner is well aware of the experience of vultures flying around them, waiting for the chance to swoop in and skin what they didn't work for.

I always thought this was a good idea (skin without looting, or even do it all at once), but I can't see where it'd be able to be coded that the player with the skinning skill that tagged the target would get priority over anyone else that just happens by.

Think about that with your high ping. I'm sure it sucks, but wouldn't it suck more if some creep came by and took your leather while you were lagging? Wouldn't you complain about that even more then the time it took for you to loot then skin? Worgen skinning would be the new QQ over druid herbalists, because at that point the safety measures that keep that skin yours, are gone. How much time would you lose then when you end up killing for someone else?
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
03/15/2011 4:55 AMPosted by Momrath
No way, and I have skinners. I'd have people following me around and skinning before I could loot.

Well it's a pretty simple fix.

leave it the way it is, with "tapped" mobs, and if it's your mob, just allow skinning and have the loot box contain both the loot and the leather.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/16/2011 3:32 AMPosted by Emyri

Well it's a pretty simple fix.

leave it the way it is, with "tapped" mobs, and if it's your mob, just allow skinning and have the loot box contain both the loot and the leather.

Then no skinning of mobs in 5 mans because another members name is on the mob.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/15/2011 5:00 AMPosted by Sulaa
I'm sure every skinner is well aware of the experience of vultures flying around them, waiting for the chance to swoop in and skin what they didn't work for.
My alt is a skinner and I disagree. However, let's see if we can come up with a solution to allay your concerns.

How about if a mob isn't available for free-for-all skinning until 10 seconds after it is killed. During that time it would only be skinnable by the player that killed it. Additionally, skinning a mob with loot still on it could leave behind a loot bag with the original loot for the original looter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]