Is there a Cho'Gall etiquette?

90 Dwarf Hunter
I am still fairly new to a PvP realm, being weaned on a PvE, but what do people see as their own PvP etiquette?

"If it is red, it is dead."

"I only gank lowbies."

"Similar level = game on, but I generally leave lower levels alone."

"Don't bother me & I won't bother you."

"Give me a [/wave] and we are under a white flag."

"I'll kill them once then move on"

"Just call me Sir Camp-a-Lot!"

As I near the end of my leveling grind, I'd like a little more feel for the opinions out there on both sides.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Well each person has their own code but generally speaking you're gonna end up following red = dead sooner or later. Horde lowbies often seem to have an 85 or three waiting in the wings so I don't feel bad for them at all.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
My policy is this:

1. Is the alliance dude somebody I recognize as friendly (you know who you are <3)? If yes, /cheer and watch their back. If no, go to 2.
2. Is the alliance dude on my KoS list? If yes, KILL AND SPAWNCAMP. If no, go to 3.
3. Has the alliance dude attacked me? If yes, KILL. If no, go to 4.
4. /wave at the alliance. Has he attacked me now? If yes, KILL. If no, go to 5.
5. Has the alliance waved back? If yes, /salute and go on with my day. If no, proceed along with what I'm doing while keeping a watchful eye open.

Note: It's very difficult to get on my KoS list. First time offenders are safe, and if you hop over to say something about it on a horde alt, you get put on the pending removal section.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Druid
I am still fairly new to a PvP realm, being weaned on a PvE, but what do people see as their own PvP etiquette?

"I only gank lowbies."

"Similar level = game on, but I generally leave lower levels alone."

"Give me a [/wave] and we are under a white flag."

"I'll kill them once then move on"

"Just call me Sir Camp-a-Lot!"

As I near the end of my leveling grind, I'd like a little more feel for the opinions out there on both sides.

Bolded the ones I follow.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
03/17/2011 3:41 PMPosted by Bryaugh

No you didn't. You bolded two contradictory ones: "I only gank lowbies." and "Similar level = game on, but I generally leave lower levels alone."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mine varies, depending upon the mood I'm in. If I'm attacked, I'll often fight back unless the odds are so overwhelming that all I can do is suck a little bit of joy from the enemy by /yawning as they kill me. If I see horde attacking alliance, I'll jump in.

Now and then, though, when I'm in a crap mood or I remember the opening day of Cataclysm on this server (which puts me in a post-traumatic sort of crap mood), I'll attack every horde I see unless it's the 10 or so on my non-KOS list.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
03/17/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Carhartt
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Druid
03/17/2011 3:44 PMPosted by Moyotoshi

No you didn't. You bolded two contradictory ones: "I only gank lowbies." and "Similar level = game on, but I generally leave lower levels alone."

how dare you use that thing called logic!

-_-

Was rushing outta work when I typed that, but in all honesty, I'll usually kill the lowbies once and move on. Ones that are similar to my level I'll kill a few times.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
03/17/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Carhartt
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Really depends on my mood, but generally I follow the:

However, this usually does not work. If I am not about to go into a raid then I will have my PVP gear on and if I am attacked....well I don't just stand there and look pretty.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Step one: Evaluate.

Are they from the opposite faction?
Are they a threat?
Do they have friends with them?
Are they comparable level?

Step two: Assess odds of victory

Judging by gear and number of enemies, what is the chance of victory?

Step three: Resignation

Say 'aww, screw it' and try anyway to kill the enemy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Tol Barad is one of those red = dead zone, seems like on both sides of the scale.

If I see a lowbie I'll leave him alone.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Depends on the day I'm having. If the horde have really been annoying me, I might end up doing every dirty, distasteful means of killing someone possible. I don't often do this. It usually takes quite a bit to make me do it.

If i'm on my priest and I see you near a cliff or other high point....I probably won't be able to resist trying to mind control you off it.

I leave lowbies alone.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Mage
Well you know, I think there WAS this Cho'gall etiquette back then when alliance population was low and seems like only people from vanquish could actually kill without having to travel in packs. We usually treated the Alliance as "near extinct animals" and just left them alone most of the time.

Now I think Alliance can manage on thier own, camp and grief Horde players. So i think we should go back to the whole red is dead thing, and that means ALL levels.

The problem is the "classic conditioning" the Horde has went through, they got soft and left Alliance players alone. This started the whole "hunter gets hunted" thing.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well you know, I think there WAS this Cho'gall etiquette back then when alliance population was low and seems like only people from vanquish could actually kill without having to travel in packs. We usually treated the Alliance as "near extinct animals" and just left them alone most of the time.

Now I think Alliance can manage on thier own, camp and grief Horde players. So i think we should go back to the whole red is dead thing, and that means ALL levels.

The problem is the "classic conditioning" the Horde has went through, they got soft and left Alliance players alone. This started the whole "hunter gets hunted" thing.

Post on your main or don't post at all if you're gonna say something like this.
Reply Quote
I mostly attack when provoked. Or if the player has been harrassing other Alliance in the area.

Oh, and any Horde in cities.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Ever since i started leveling this toon, i've been getting jumped alot when questing on this server. Usually when i'm in the middle of fighting mobs.

Thus far i've sent alot back to the GY (including geared level 85s).

If at first you don't succeed, don't attempt another jump on this lowbie :)

Stay classy, Hordies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]