[A]Congrats to Fish & Chicks on Light of Dawn

100 Draenei Priest
After god knows how long (I kinda cheated and came in on Sindy) Fish and Chicks, with a bunch from 8 Bags of Flour earned Light of Dawn tonight. It may not be cutting-edge content but it's still amazingly hard.

SHIMMY SHAKE
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
It is in no way amazingly hard. Increased health pools make infest a joke, as well as Soul Reaper. But hey, you've shown you can not stand in crap (shadow traps, defile, underneath spirits in frostmourne) while killing content that you out-gear and out-level.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Death Knight
It was only hard because of the idiots who couldn't move out of crap, and 5-6 subpar dps who weren't even breaking 6k with a 30% buff in icc at 85....... It was a hardfought win. Yeah you can outgear most of it, But you can't outgear stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
03/18/2011 2:34 AMPosted by Aitok
5-6 subpar dps who weren't even breaking 6k with a 30% buff in icc at 85

Wow, you have to try pretty hard to do less than 6k dps with a 30% buff. I mean, don't you break that just by auto-attacking/wanding?

03/18/2011 2:34 AMPosted by Aitok
Yeah you can outgear most of it, But you can't outgear stupid.

That's true, which is why pugs still fail at Firefighter even now lol.

Still, a self-congratulatory post about downing old content is silly, although I anxiously await his post a year from now when he downs Nef in T13 gear.
Reply Quote
lol aitok youre fail
Reply Quote
youre obviously in our guild so learn to stfu or gtfo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ashamanxx you don't have Light of Dawn, soooo....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
You don't seem to keep up with raid progression ^^
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Yeah we don't have catheters hooked into us with a bag at the end, nor do we have butt sores from not moving from a chair all day, and we don;t cut holes in the bottoms of our chairs so we can take a crap into the bucket below it.

Funny how they diss us for "old content" yet they lack the "Light of Dawn" title themselves....jealousy speaks louder than words, and you're screaming right now, great job!

So, for a group of people with actual lives outside of World of Warcraft, because, as most of you probably DON'T know, there DOES exist a life OUTSIDE of WoW, I think we did pretty well.

Let the haters hate, it's their job, it;s what they live for, without the hate they would have absolutely no purpose in life, so grats to the haters, we love you too!
Edited by Waldosmage on 3/18/2011 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, I'm not 7/13 in heroic modes. But my point is that no one here on this server had Light of Dawn at level 80, so I don't see that the logic in insinuating that those that have it now won't get Nef until T13 is released...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Lol coming out with the oh so original "no life haters" eh waldo?

In no way was I dissing you so I don't know where the they is coming from. I was simply stating that calling someone out for not having the Light of Dawn title that is way further than you are in CURRENT progression is kinda lols..
Edited by Drahzere on 3/19/2011 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Really?.. the title of the post says what this thread is about.. if your not interested then don't click on it, it is really that simple. I know it is hard for the trolls that think they need to mouth off in every thread but you can try. Basically we set it as a goal.. we accomplished the goal.... we are happy about it and a friend who was with us wanted to share it, so here is the post.
I mean.. I could go grab my spork and just end it all cause you don't share the happy feelings of our accomplishment, but I think I will have wait for an opinion that actually matters, sorry =(.. Thanks for your post though! *rolls eyes* ;)

anyway...

Thanks Zel =D It was frustrating at times, yet highly entertaining! Lets never do it again =P
Edited by Maelisha on 3/19/2011 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
No, I don't have Light of the Dawn. If there was a group doing it I'd definitely go with them and get it, because its a really fun fight and its a cool title. I wasn't saying that going back and doing it was wrong or dumb or anything. I go back to do old content all the time and its fun. Hell, I've got a post on the forums to go back and do heroic Halion. When and if that happens I won't be patting myself on the back for beating it though.

But just as I thought it was retarded when someone made a grats post to the Harlequins when they beat it at 85, I think a self-congratulatory post for a fight that is trivialized from being 85 and Cata gear is asinine. This just in - I killed Rag in MC the other day! Please trumpet my amazingness throughout the realm!

If you don't want to look foolish or be criticized then you shouldn't post in a public forum. Saying "hey, good job guys, that was fun" is what your own forums are for.

And really, you're throwing out "no life" insults? We're all here playing a fantasy game, posting on forums about it, and doing achievements ... I know its tough on the ego that other people can get a lot done in this game while playing as much as you, but that's just how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Self grats post for level 80 content :-/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
By no means does Ash need anyone to defend him, but I'm going to do it anyway =/

Point 1. Ash is a good mage. Look at his parses on WoL. It warms my heart to know there are good mages to balance out the pile of bad mages that are a bane of any good group.

Point 2. No matter how much I !*@@# about it, this tier of content, especially with the 10m nerfs, isn't that bad. 7/13 is hardly catheter level. The Brigade is 4/13 heroic and we've only raided 3 hours so far this week (with <3 more to go). If either of our groups was catheter level I don't doubt we'd be pushing 13/13 already (certainly with the most recent 10m cho'gall nerf). Good players don't need to raid 20 hours a week to down content. Just because it would take you 80 hour raid weeks to even fathom coming close to us don't just assume everyone is as bad as you.

Point 3. You don't even seem to be in any of Fish and Chicks parses Waldo. Which makes me wonder... where's Waldo? Maybe they sat you because you're one of those can't even pull 6k with a 30% buff.

I'm going to go back to trivializing Halfus with my 63k dps, and wishing that my real life was as cool as your job working the concessions stand at a movie theater (the Fez's are awesome, and who doesn't want to smell like popcorn).

This was mostly at Waldosmage, because honestly sometimes a man can only take so much stupid. I've got nothing against people enjoying their time in World of Warcraft. Personally, doing stuff like Heroic LK is likely good for a fledgling guild to learn to work together. That said posting on the forums is just feeding trolls.

You should do what we do and feed trolls cupcakes. It makes them much more agreeable... of course you have to keep them away from the kittens... poor mittens T_T
Edited by Grondax on 3/19/2011 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
By no means does Ash need anyone to defend him, but I'm going to do it anyway =/

Point 1. Ash is a good mage. Look at his parses on WoL. It warms my heart to know there are good mages to balance out the pile of bad mages that are a bane of any good group.

Point 2. No matter how much I !*@@# about it, this tier of content, especially with the 10m nerfs, isn't that bad. 7/13 is hardly catheter level. The Brigade is 4/13 heroic and we've only raided 3 hours so far this week (with <3 more to go). If either of our groups was catheter level I don't doubt we'd be pushing 13/13 already (certainly with the most recent 10m cho'gall nerf). Good players don't need to raid 20 hours a week to down content. Just because it would take you 80 hour raid weeks to even fathom coming close to us don't just assume everyone is as bad as you.

Point 3. You don't even seem to be in any of Fish and Chicks parses Waldo. Which makes me wonder... where's Waldo? Maybe they sat you because you're one of those can't even pull 6k with a 30% buff.

I'm going to go back to trivializing Halfus with my 63k dps, and wishing that my real life was as cool as your job working the concessions stand at a movie theater (the Fez's are awesome, and who doesn't want to smell like popcorn).

This was mostly at Waldosmage, because honestly sometimes a man can only take so much stupid. I've got nothing against people enjoying their time in World of Warcraft. Personally, doing stuff like Heroic LK is likely good for a fledgling guild to learn to work together. That said posting on the forums is just feeding trolls.

You should do what we do and feed trolls cupcakes. It makes them much more agreeable... of course you have to keep them away from the kittens... poor mittens T_T

/yawn....... You done now? I am happy that your WoW achievements are so amazing, you know if your mommy buys you some Pro Active it will help with the acne....

May Zel should not have started this thread, maybe you're right about that, maybe he should have just kept it on our website so that people like yourself and other tards wouldn't flame the post.

Yes, this may be my first post in my 4 years of playing this game, you're absolutely right. However, since the economy is slow and I am a self employed electrician, I have a little extra time on my hands, and when I hear about someone flaming a simple innocent thread that a guild mate posted, well, I am going to investigate.

You did help me out though, regardless of what is posted after this you have opened my eyes to the uselessness of posting anything here whatsoever. You've proved that the 12 year old population spreads far beyond in game content, and infects actual thread posting via realm forums. Congratulations once again on that.

You are the quintessential representation of the population who views WoW achievements as real life achievements, ergo, you have proven to me, and a lot of other people, that you, and these forums, are a complete waste of time.

If you haven't figured it out yet, or if you've just come back from looking up what those big words meant, this is why the post you are reading is but my second, and my last.

I feel that I have just wasted about 3 minutes total of my entire life posting these comments out here for less competent minds to read and react to.

So, to sum this up, congratulations on NOT gloating your 7/13 Heroic Cata cheevs BY posting THAT you have 7/13 Heroics cheevs, I know that within your life of living in mom's basement this must be a monumental ego booster for you, cheers!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
All I wanted to do was congratulate those that were working 25 H far, far longer than I did on the kill. I just had the luck to come in at the right time. Do I deserve it? Probably not and its why I didn't mention myself or use 'we' in the original post. I gave credit to those that earned it. Just happy to raid when I can.

Damn sure didn't mean to start a progression v/s casual fight or whatever this has turned into.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
@Hopopatamus

No no, thank YOU forum hero, you are the savior of an imaginary game that millions of people pay money to play.

If I were you I would feel so exasperatingly epic right now, wonderful job!

I especially like the part where you rip my profession in real life, because THAT is a violation of ToS in the virtual forum of your little virtual world, Mr. Reading Comprehension.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]