Healers Have to Die, part III

2 Orc Hunter
Part II hit the post limit.

Just to reiterate what this addon can do, and the issues people have against it:

-this HHTD addon auto marks a healer as soon as they cast a healing spell

-allows you to set parameters to differentiate between the strength of a hybrid's heals and a true healer's heals.

-it lets you set a "healer forget" timer where it keeps the marker on a detected healer for as long as you want

-It makes a bell chime sound when you mouse over an auto-marked healer, regardless of how far away he is

-You can make it so it detects only players specced into healer trees.

The addon finds healers for you by putting a Hunter's Mark-like red plus sign on multiple targets near you based on what you've designated in the addon menu.

The above features take the grunt work out of simple situational awareness in pvp; it's all automated to seek out healers for you. It is my personal opinion that this addon is akin to the functions of the old AVR, which basically told you where to and where not to stand. Blizzard thought this addon ruined the experience they wanted players to have in ICC encounters, so they broke it.

As of now, the creator of HHTD is keeping a close eye on the discussion as well.

Healers Have To Die

Spot those bloody healers instantly and help them accomplish their destiny! (PVP and PVE)

HHTD adds a red cross over enemy healer's name plates. You can't miss them! (see the screen-shot).

HHTD adds a healer role symbol abovefriendly healers' name plates. Stop the slaughter!!

IMPORTANT NOTE: You have to enable name-plates, else you won't see the healer symbol!

It also rings when you hover or target a hostile unit who healed someone else during the last 60 seconds (can be configured).

HHTD is PVP and PVE compatible.

HHTD uses the combat log events to detect friendly and enemy healers. By default HHTD will detect specialized healers spells only (for PvP) another option lets you choose a specified amount of healing ennemies have to reach before being marked as healers. (this is the setting used for PVE)

Self-Heals and pets are filtered out.

Remember to check out available options (/HHTDG)

An interesting debate about this add-on is happening on the official Blizzard's forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191131447 Sadly, as a European I cannot participate but I'm reading this thread with great interest.

Keep this topic going. I want to see if Blizzard can give an opinion on the subject. They did so for AVR, but we've yet to hear or see any actions from them for HHTD.
Edited by Plenty on 3/13/2011 8:06 AM PDT
1 Troll Druid
I don't PVP so I really don't care either way but you would have to be an idiot to believe that Blizzard will not break this addon.
85 Blood Elf Priest
It's been downloaded almost 50k times, from what I saw on the Curse site, actually.

I also find it funny that a rogue is sneering at us when she'd be QQing if there was an addon that tracked rogues, too. :)
Edited by Syncline on 3/13/2011 8:37 AM PDT
82 Orc Hunter
This mod is so cheap... next thing we will have a mod auto target players and flashing interrupt this spell.
85 Blood Elf Priest
One of the upcoming features of the mod will be to not only automark, but to call out the target to the rest of the group.
Edited by Syncline on 3/13/2011 8:43 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I tried using it at some point... I deleted it because it wasn't very helpful...
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/13/2011 8:42 AMPosted by Syncline
One of the upcoming features of the mod will be to not only automark, but to call out the target to the rest of the group.

Sooo it does something a good team should already be able to do?
90 Human Warlock
I went and checked healer must die out to see what the fuss is all about. I rarely pvp anymore (I used to often but being alliance...well you know the rest). I have to say I think it does give an unfair advantage. First thing I used to always do is scout out the bushes/water/buildings for those healers and send my minions after them, then start with my DOTs. There was a challenge there. Now? Anyone can see them immediately and focus on them. I can see why it wouldn't be fun anymore for the healers to always be targeted. And those poor shadow priests or elemental shammies (ect) who happen to toss a heal to help out...well now they're the ones always getting ganked.

I'm not the greatest pvp player, I have no problems admitting that. But I won't be using this addon to help me win. I don't believe it is fair, and it takes the challenge out of pvp. I'd like to win more but not at the expense of other people. And as you can see, I'm a warlock, not a class who can heal (even if I joke at times that I'll be a healer with my lock cookies). So at least there will be one dps who will be playing the game looking for the healers the way blizzard wanted it to be done. Unfortunately people will most likely keep using this for the very reasons I'm not using it. Because it makes things so much easier.
85 Human Paladin
Hmm when I looked at this thread I thought it was about the fact healers are OP. I then read the comments it's about an addon that tracks healers.....

That's... interesting. I wonder how they could do that /shrug

Wasn't there an addon that allowed you to track any incoming opposite faction member on your minimap?
85 Tauren Shaman
This thing is still going on? Wow, fight the good fight my healing brethren. =)

It's a shame, I was even going to craft myself a pvp set and try it out this expansion. Guess I'll have to find something else to do with all that leather - I'm not stepping foot in a BG with any of my healing toons until this mess is fixed.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This topic is old news...Nothing to see here move along....

If your a good healer in a good group then you should have nothing to worry about. I myself heal and have had no problems since this addon has came out. Nothings changed.
85 Troll Mage
All mods are designed to give the player an advantage. You want a fair playing field then make it so all mods and macros are disabled in battlegrounds. Now that would make things interesting.
85 Blood Elf Priest
This thing is still going on? Wow, fight the good fight my healing brethren. =)

It's a shame, I was even going to craft myself a pvp set and try it out this expansion. Guess I'll have to find something else to do with all that leather - I'm not stepping foot in a BG with any of my healing toons until this mess is fixed.
I've been doing them anyway, but ouch sometimes when a group has multiples using this mod.
27 Gnome Mage
All this post did was make me download it and tell my guild about it, which gave it another 10 or so downloads.
85 Tauren Shaman
Healers should now be targetted for spamming this crap post instead of them being healers.
85 Human Death Knight
This topic is old news...Nothing to see here move along....

If your a good healer in a good group then you should have nothing to worry about. I myself heal and have had no problems since this addon has came out. Nothings changed.

I'm going to have to agree. I've noticed absolutely no change in my healers being focused upon.

I feel like a lot of you are exaggerating. A lot.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]