Healers Have to Die, part III

85 Orc Rogue
This addon will only help narrow minded morons who try to PvP, players who know how to PvP and have been PvPing for awhile know how to handle healers, and in most cases can identify a healer before they even cast a spell, and destroy them.

AVG was broken because it drew on the SURFACE of the world, this addon draws on nameplates, which are clearly defined as a part of the UI, and have been editable, for many years now. Many addons have done similar things, like lighting up during any cast to alert the player. This addon is nothing new in any aspect other in that it is solely dedicated to tapping the shoulder of the moron attacking the guy with the shield and pointing him at the fresh cloth pants he could be tapping.
85 Tauren Death Knight

Burden of proof is on you, you say they have it, I say you can't prove they have it. I think you're just mad you got beat by a slightly organized team.

No, because I don't even PvP on my priest anymore. Again, nice try, but still an invalid argument. If you don't think 50k people who have downloaded this are ending up in the queues, then you are sadly mistaken, and it shows your critical thinking skills, thus arguing with you is pointless.

50k means between 0 and 50k people could possibly be using it. Out of the millions of people playing at a time the odds of you running into 8 people with it at the same time are low. Your arguments are poor at best. Provide a good argument against this addon and we'll continue the discussion.
Edited by Phy on 3/13/2011 1:39 PM PDT
85 Undead Mage
An addon that auto targets healers. I can see that being banned by Blizzard very soon. Thats not exactly very sporting and I personally for one hope Blizz either hotfix the game so it no longer works or at least encourage curse gaming and others to stop listing the mod.
85 Undead Mage
50k people now are using this mod. However I wonder how many people have read this post and are now adding to that growing number? This mod needs to be banned.
85 Orc Rogue
03/13/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Pupcakez
This addon is nothing new in any aspect other in that it is solely dedicated to tapping the shoulder of the moron attacking the guy with the shield and pointing him at the fresh cloth pants he could be tapping.

Which is the entire problem. If you're bad, you're bad. You should not have "skill in an addon" able to be installed so you can become un-bad when finding a healer. You still suck, you're not good, you're just a bad with a crutch now.

You in the general sense for those using this.

It's not a skill in a can addon, it doesn't tell them how to attack, and if the player using it is truly a baddie then that tunnel vision is an exploitable resource, that even PvE bosses have been able to exploit for years.

The only function I can see for this addon is a set of training wheels for new PvPers, once it becomes second nature to see heals and stop them, most people will stop updating.
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/13/2011 1:42 PMPosted by Coldhandluke
50k people now are using this mod. However I wonder how many people have read this post and are now adding to that growing number? This mod needs to be banned.
Just because you can target the healer doesn't mean you can kill them.
85 Tauren Death Knight

This is different from any other add on how?

Because it negatively affects the playing experience of a certain group of players. Namely, healers.

Healbot negatively affects my playing experience by helping healers negate my damage.
60 Troll Hunter
The thing I find most amazing is just the fact this add-on exists. I've always been able to spot healers in battlegrounds, it is not that hard at all. See that shaman with the now blue watery hands? Shoot him/her. See that priest with the bar that says "something something heal" under them? Shoot him/her.

Why is that so hard?
85 Undead Mage
03/13/2011 1:43 PMPosted by Phy

True. However picture the scene .. say a month from now when the vast majority of players use this mod. A single healer in a group of dps will be dead in seconds. Is this fair? I really honestly do not think so. All this mod will do is stop people healing TB and other BG's.
85 Undead Mage
Healbot negatively affects my playing experience by helping healers negate my damage.

I'm sorry but what? Healbot has been copied into the game with Blizzards own raid frames. I can see were you are going with this argument by saying Healbot makes it easier to heal in a large fight and Hddt makes it easier to target the healers in a large fight. Ok fair point however being able to auto pickout one person in a sea of dps is not really sporting is it?

Trust me on this. This mod will be dead in a month or 2. Just like AVG.
Edited by Coldhandluke on 3/13/2011 1:50 PM PDT
85 Tauren Warrior

This is different from any other add on how?

Because it negatively affects the playing experience of a certain group of players. Namely, healers.

Being melee negatively effects my game experience because they see me as a bigger threat than the mage spamming frostbolt on top of the hill 20 yards away.

Ban melee.
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/13/2011 1:46 PMPosted by Coldhandluke

True. However picture the scene .. say a month from now when the vast majority of players use this mod. A single healer in a group of dps will be dead in seconds. Is this fair? I really honestly do not think so. All this mod will do is stop people healing TB and other BG's.
I think the majority already knows to kill healers on sight. But lets say you're right. BG's will either have less/no healers or we will have to learn to protect our healers, kill their healers faster.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]