Healers Have to Die, part III

85 Human Paladin
03/13/2011 2:04 PMPosted by Nezz

Because DBM negatively affects a player, amirite? Bosses are not players. By the way, nice main there.

This addon doesn't negatively affect a player either. It dooes not hinder the player play in anyway. What it does do is tell you who till kill in a similar fashion to DBM. When this addon causes a player to actually not be able to play then I would agree to break this. Sorry healers but and addon that tells people to kill you if fine. This is just a pvp addon that is in the same vein of Deadly Boss Mods.

It no way tells us what to kill. DBM that is...
85 Orc Warrior
03/13/2011 2:05 PMPosted by Pupcakez
So hard to disable enemy heals in the combat log. This serves absolutely no purpose, it wouldn't break other add-ons (and if it did, they could easily change a few lines of code to remove that from their add-on) and woohoo, problem solved. Had you actually read the other thread, you would have seen me state this about 5 times.

You really think it's that simple, huh? Also, what right do you have to simply say that "they could easily change a few lines of code to remove that from their add-on"?

Why should other mod authors be forced to remove functionality from something that they've spent a good deal amount of time creating simply because you think someone might be using this healing mod against you in PVP?

I also love how you deliberately ignored my other argument as well. What proof do you have that this mod you seem to hate so much is even being used against you by other people, at all?
85 Tauren Death Knight

Give us some detail about how this negatively affects you. I know it's been said before, but consolidate and spell them out for us.

It negatively affects healers by stripping us of our only strategies in a BG. We don't care if we lose to good players, before you start that. However, when PvPing, you often have bads who do not switch to us, you often have bads who do not use nameplates, thus they can't find us hiding in the bushes, you often have bads that don't realize we are hiding in a group of 6+ people.

This addon makes sure those bads who would otherwise not target us, now target us.
If that is your only argument, then like I've already said, it's a weak argument. You can't prove this addon is the reason people find you in the bushes that don't do very much to hide you anyway. It does not stop you from playing.

03/13/2011 2:09 PMPosted by Kevyne
I'd say let's have addons that mark per any sub-class. So casters can instantly locate every tank/melee to burn down from 40 yards away.
You mean they don't already?
Edited by Phy on 3/13/2011 2:12 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin

It no way tells us what to kill. DBM that is...

Actually it does. It tells when adds come out effectively telling you to kill them, etc. The same as this addon.

Not really, if it says "add." By all means it says they're there doesn't mean it says to kill them all the time lol

I don't see what's so bad about DBM honestly people claim you're bad if you use this.
85 Tauren Paladin
Personally I think the topic has been done to death.... but it's good to keep it going so more players are made aware of it. Any add-on that promotes sound PvP strategy is ok in my book (and I'm a healer, on 5 different toons).

Some people go with a technical argument... that by marking enemies it circumnavigates blizzards block on raid markers on enemies. My answer to that is it's not a raid marker, it's an individual marking... it's not technically a mark, but rather a graphic modification to the enemy's status bar. It may be decided that this is illegal for whatever reason, but that's for blizzard to decide. I have yet to see an argument how it (outside the context of the net effect) is inherently bad. *Edit: Oh, and it's not visable when the healer is in stealth, so please stop with that hacking argument or comparing it to hunters mark.

There's many arguments from healers about how difficult it is to survive in 8v1 situations... honestly any team that sends 8 players to a given base or on a given objective is usually playing poorly... for example in AB they can send 8 players to the LM... that's half of their team at one base and there's no reason your team can't make gains elsewhere if this is the case. I would say a 5v3 situation is common in most decently played bgs, and a healer on the 3 side can do well... it becomes much more difficult with 5 focusing on the healer, but still a winable battle for the decently geared healer, as the healer has cooldowns and abilities to stay alive, provided his/her two other teammates are protecting him/her.

Some people just play the "bad card", as in arguing that it's something that helps bads play well... well, maybe, but that's the objective of any add-on... to make tedious tasks easier and more accessable. There's still going to be bads that will break CC on enemy healers, because they have a red marking above them, which will be beneficial to healers, so that "bad" argument carries no weight with me. Also, said "bads" still have to kill the healer, and given as bad as some of the bads are, I don't see that happening all the time. It just helps with assisting situational awareness, that's all... it doesn't play the game for anyone.

As noted in the previous thread, the add-on also marks healers on your own team, which is good for healers, as it helps the dps recognize the healers on their own team so they can offer peels, as well as avoid leaving healers alone to defend a base, or to lead the charge on a base.

And in the end... no matter what role I play, battlegrounds are always more fun when they're challenging... fun when my team plays well and the enemy plays well. This add-on in my opinion makes battlegrounds much more fun, because both teams in all likelyhoold will be using more sound strategy making the battles more fun and challenging.

Keep bumping the thread with your love and hate, because I look forward to getting more and more players on board with this add-on.
Edited by Justheoa on 3/13/2011 2:17 PM PDT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_relation

You're bad at this, by the way.

I'm bad by not trying to cover up a fallacy by linking a term that has no relevance to the topic at hand?

Oh right, that would be you.

Here, read this part.
whenever A = B and B = C, then also A = C.

That's what's missing here. Add-on = A. Negative-implications = B. Role in group = C.

A=B.
B!=C.
Therefore, A!=C.

Glad I could help you, now keep committing strawmans to cover up this massive failure too.

Your argument that healers are diminished somehow by having themselves pointed out when they do what they're supposed to do is A

My argument that melee are diminished somehow by having themselves pointed out when they do what they're supposed to is B

You said my argument was a strawman argument. Since our two arguments are the same, the transitive property tells us that yours must be a strawman argument too.

But, congratulations on trying to completely head in the wrong direction.
85 Orc Warrior
Not one single person in here has any real evidence that the mod is actively being used against them.

If we did, guess what you naysayers will proclaim next?

I'd say let's have addons that mark per any sub-class. So casters can instantly locate every tank/melee to burn down from 40 yards away.

See how you like eating dirt more times than not, plus, having to prove that anyone ever used the addon against you too!!!

...Yep, the dude above is a Prot...

You should really just stop, you're only embarrassing yourself now.

At this point you're basically just admitting that you have absolutely no evidence to base these ridiculous accusations on, and that everything you all have said is nothing more than speculation and paranoia.

Oh, also they do have a mod to do what you described, and they have for many years. Most of the nameplate mods out there also are able to put a little class icon next to the persons nameplate, so you'd see a little dagger for a rogue, sword for a warrior, etc.

Not to mention the fact that anyone with two functioning eyeballs can instantly tell the difference between a melee and a caster. "Hey, there's that dude running around with heavy armor and carrying huge swords. Yep, that must definitely be a warlock!"
Edited by Golag on 3/13/2011 2:17 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin

Not really, if it says "add." By all means it says they're there doesn't mean it says to kill them all the time lol

I don't see what's so bad about DBM honestly people claim you're bad if you use this.

Nothing is wrong with DBM just like nothing is wrong with this addon.

I never seen the Healer addon in action so I can't say if it is like DBM. If I saw it or someone explained in a detailed way I might judge it.
85 Tauren Death Knight
If you want healers to blend in make them look like warriors or dk's. You're still easy to see in the bushes, and hiding in the bushes just screams "I'm a healer".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]