Healers Have to Die, part III

03/13/2011 1:04 PMPosted by Phy
It's been said before, this mod doesn't do anything good players don't already do.

Wrong. It marks players on the opposing team which is otherwise impossible. It also takes away the need to detyermine who the healer is as well as removing the need for strategy in an upcoming version. Even most complete derps will know to attack the player with the special mark.

Take a rogue who stealths and approaches a group looking for the healer. The rogue would normally have to determine who the healer is. He might look for certain classes and see what they are casting or he might take a quick look at the combat log. However with this mod there is no need to look at things as the mod has already done the work of figuring out who the healer is.

The complaining is not about healers being focused on. Decent healers know they will be focused on in pvp. They just want a chance to participate before they are focused down.

People can try to turn the argument into a case of protecting healers but said argument is laughable at best. You might peel my wolves from a healer but you have little chance of peeling me form a healer. Go ahead and focus on me in an attempt to save your healer but kill me before I kill your healer or at least put a hurting on your healer's mana pool.
85 Orc Warrior

Can I prove it? Yes.

So prove it then. I'll wait.

Show us all beyond a reasonable doubt that you can effectively point out in any given situation who is actively using this mod against you.

What do healers do?

Blend in.

If you think healers actually blend in, then you're sorely mistaken. Blizzard has gone out of their way to make healers as obvious as possible. Nearly every healing spell has bright glowing colors every time you cast a heal, which is clearly different than the color of a damaging spell.

Disc priests create large, easily seen bubbles around their allies, and have a big glowing ball of energy pulse at their allies repeatedly as they heal them.
Holy paladins new multi-target healing spell similar to wild growth shoots blinding rays of light emanating from the caster.
Resto druids are the easiest to spot. Pre-cata all you had to do was roleplay a lumberjack. These days anyone wearing druid armor in caster form is a target, because the other two specs have primary shapeshift forms.
Any shaman wearing a shield that's glowing green, yellow, or white is obviously resto. Especially if they're shooting bright yellow jesus beams at people which track directly back to the caster.
Anyone wearing priest armor that's not a dark shade of grey obviously needs to be killed.

I could go on and list so many other abilities that jump up in your face and shout "I'M A HEALER, HERE I AM", but you should get the idea by now. To think that you're hiding anywhere as a healer is foolishness.

What is this add-on doing then?

Stopping healers from blending in.

See above, healers don't blend in, at all. The only people you think you're hiding from, are the incompetent morons. People who wouldn't know how to kill you regardless.

03/13/2011 2:14 PMPosted by Pupcakez
I'm not saying this is happening to me, I've already stated I don't PvP on this toon.

Then what is your problem? If it's not happening to you, and you don't PVP on that healer, then let other people speak for themselves. Stop trying to be a white knight and join in on a crusade that doesn't affect you either way.

03/13/2011 2:14 PMPosted by Pupcakez
Perhaps you should play a healer sometime to actually get a grasp on why most healers commenting on this topic are telling you that you are wrong. Play PvP as a healer without staying with a big group or hiding in those bushes that are out of the way.

More baseless assumptions. You have no idea what the poster you quoted does when they PVP. As for myself, I frequently play a healer in PVP. That's about the only time that I'd heal, as a PVE healing I find boring.

Even on hybrid characters that are primarily DPS specs, I'll still immediately check the health of nearby allies that are already engaged in the fight I'm about to join. If any are critically low I'll cast off a couple quick heals to keep them up for a bit longer before joining in myself.
Edited by Golag on 3/13/2011 2:42 PM PDT
03/13/2011 8:19 AMPosted by Kimdracula
This addon has somewhere around 600 hits on Curse. Wow, that's like half the WoW population almost, kinda, right? Because soooo many healers are getting focused because of this.

That says 600 daily hits. Not total. Total is currently sitting at 50,233.

Just thought I'd point that out.
90 Night Elf Druid
For a "helpful" add-on as some people are stating... Then what would stop them for making an add-on like DBM for PvP where everyone who has it, states which target to burn down, to place a target on stealthed characters in stealth no matter if they are in stealth(hey if they're in bushes or etc... why not rogues and hunters), chain cc which predetermines which toon should cast what cc on what toon, giving the person in an ingame whisper to CC what target.

Just stating, it's making PvP easier. Yet people wanted Cata to be hard... Blizzard wanted Cata to be tough... Allowing an add-on like that would simply go against their attempts to make it challenging.

And it doesn't make sense to say, "people will stop using the add on once they realize what to look for." Well, The leading raiding guilds use DBM still... Even after they know what to look for... Just to make it easy on them... People won't use it as a crutch and throw it to the wind... They'll use it constantly till it's incapable of being used.
85 Tauren Shaman
This thread was delicious to read. It's an addon that promotes targeting healers. In a pvp game where it's smart to cc or just kill healers before going for the dps.

So what if bad players use this and learn from it. And stops being bad. I keep reading posts complaining about bad players getting better from this mod and targeting healers. The general pvp population learning and improving? Sounds like a good thing. Again so what if they're bad and using a training wheels mod. They'll eventually not need it and perhaps even learn to defend their own healers. Sounds like a good thing too.

And what does it matter if they learn from a mod. Sure it's more impressive to grind out the bgs and learn the ropes. But raiders often watch videos of other players doing instances instead of wiping constantly and learning from it.

All the qq about this is entertaining though. It's like people are afraid the baddies will rise up and suddenly get better. Can't have that. We got to keep those baddies down.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've read on the subject. No, it's not a matter of "training wheels" or "this will make peeps better, thumbs up!" It's a matter of demolishing the fun of an entire role in PvP. Because less face it: all this addon is really going to do is make healers quit playing battlegrounds - no one likes spending their entire time in graveyards, being HKs for people.

And no, this will not make people better at PvP, just like DBM didn't make people better at PvE. People don't use DBM to learn timers, they don't turn off DBM once they have raid bosses on farm. Heck, if DBM got broken, over half the guilds who had bosses on farm would probably start wiping to them because they don't know the visual cues! What exactly makes you think anything different will happen with this addon?

All this addon does is make BGs miserable for healers, and here are all you people supporting that. But I suppose PvP carebears will always be PvP carebears. They can't even figure out what to target so they need a mod to do it for them. =/
100 Draenei Death Knight
03/13/2011 1:17 PMPosted by Pupcakez
It's been said before, this mod doesn't do anything good players don't already do.

Except we don't care if good players down us. Being focus fired on by 8 baddies is the problem, and a problem that wouldn't exist if this mod didn't.

Bad healers are scared of this add on.
90 Night Elf Druid
There is, determining what spec and cc's you are capable of using, the add-on can predetermine the largest threat by class/spec and place targets upon certain players. Just like DBM, in which you can go ahead and CC/burn the said target that it whispers you to focus on... pretty easily done, going down the ladder of which class/spec is the most deadly to your PvP make up.
85 Tauren Paladin
Tell ya what... if this add-on is "broken" because it takes out the step of looking at the combat log and looking at who is casting what, then healing add-ons like vuhdo that take out the steps of of actually targeting the player you want to heal before you cast the heal and the steps of making a mouse-over macro should be "broken" as well.
03/13/2011 2:50 PMPosted by Kimarla

Except we don't care if good players down us. Being focus fired on by 8 baddies is the problem, and a problem that wouldn't exist if this mod didn't.

Being unable to spot a healer without an addon is kind of bad in and of itself.
90 Night Elf Druid
Actually all Vuhdu/healing addons does is using raid frames and keybinds... Which is possible through going into key binds and specifically stating what heal for what key.... Not hard. Just premade for you.
100 Draenei Death Knight

Being unable to spot a healer without an addon is kind of bad in and of itself.

Agreed.
85 Tauren Shaman
The outcome of this addon. Bad enough there's usually only 1 or 2 healers on a BG, as it is.

It's a matter of demolishing the fun of an entire role in PvP. Because less face it: all this addon is really going to do is make healers quit playing battlegrounds - no one likes spending their entire time in graveyards, being HKs for people.

Exactly. Thanks to this thread I've already decided to take the 5-6 healers I own out of BGs. It was something I was trying to get into since I loved Warhammer PvP so much, but now that I see this addon being used by more and more people, I'm not even going to bother crafting a PvP set. It's just not worth it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]